• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
First Game Boy, then Splatoon, and now it's time for Fire Emblem.

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Tetris99_GrandPrix6_enGB_image950w.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

I missed the Tetris theme and have regretted it ever since. I wonder if they'd ever sell the themes later down the line for people that didn't play in the events.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'd ever sell the themes later down the line for people that didn't play in the events.
It'd make sense to do something like that. It might also make sense to start repeating events once they've racked up enough of them. Either way I think there'll be some kind of chance to get these themes again in future.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Absolutely brilliant way to use an existing game to easily plug other games. Genius tbh.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I just got Nintendo Online, to play t his with my new 8bitdo SN30Pro+ controller and I gotta say, it feels good.

What doesn't feel good is not having three tetrises ready but you have three attackers each slamming you with them. <_<

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally the Tetris Company has listened to our demands and given us the opportunity to romance the I block

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What does "theme" mean in this context? I thought the Switch didn't have themes like the 3DS? Is this a Tetris 99-specific theme?

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a cross-over I didn't expect

I'm mostly just curious for the 3 music pieces they'll use for the theme

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I wish we could play regularly without the skins as an option though.

Some of us just want to play Tetris 99 without the kooky themes. Or least I'd love to continue using the game boy theme I earned no matter the event.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 恮 åæč€…
Oct 27, 2017
Finally the Tetris Company has listened to our demands and given us the opportunity to romance the I block

You know The Tetris Company is really an accountant living in the mountains and has no idea the Nintendo Switch exists. This is classic Nintendo Tetris.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wish these were more doable for people that are terrible at Tetris like me

You need 100 points to get the theme, You get more points the better you score, but at a baseline even if you suck you get 5 points per match. So getting the themes is trivial even for people who are not skilled

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
You need 100 points to get the theme, You get more points the better you score, but at a baseline even if you suck you get 5 points per match. So getting the themes is trivial even for people who are not skilled
thanks, I'll try and play a little each day for those 4 days then

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It better play "As Fierce as Fire" while searching for players.

Or just play it for the whole match. Why not?