• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Really wanting to play this. I'm itching for some Tetris, and the game looks fantastic.

Any chance it might go on sale soon on PSN?

EDIT: Bit the bullet and bought it anyway. Can't wait.
Totally worth the full price. It's the only game I've been getting back to on my PS4. I like the idea of the relax modes so it's cool to have this weekend focused on it. Not done too much journey mode since initially beating it, I tend to just do a bunch of Marathon, Sprint, Master and repeat as that seems to scratch every itch.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like my improvement has been stalling out the last few days. Can't seem to push below my 1:30 sprint time.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still having trouble on higher speeds 10+ of rotating while moving my pieces into place. It seems like pieces are only allowed to rotate about 8 times before being locked. I've also had a few times where pieces will just automatically drop and set (I thought it was me pressing up to lock one piece and then a second piece being locked right after, but I've also had it occur when my finger is no where near the up button). :?

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this last night in anticipation of my PSVR arriving today. Should I play it on my OLED first before giving the VR version a go?

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought this last night in anticipation of my PSVR arriving today. Should I play it on my OLED first before giving the VR version a go?

Opinions vary. Some say it's on another level when playing in VR, I find it better on a 2D display. I did my first playthrough in VR and it was indeed a great experience, but if I had to choose one I would go with 2D (I guess you mean an OLED 4K, so that's even better). That this is also one of the less crisp games in VR is also kind of a letdown after the great visual quality of Rez Infinite in VR...

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah mine is a LG B6. I'll play it on the TV first then, thanks. I have a 7.1 Atmos setup as well.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Make sure you update the game before playing since it originally had a bug where it would only display in 1080p when running in HDR. I'm pretty sure they fixed that in an update (I don't have HDR so I cannot confirm).

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Just got the game for 2 days. I played in both VR and flat screen TV mode. VR mode is amazing but I'm much slower. I did complete the game in VR mode journey. I have trouble looking at the Next piece on top right corner in VR mode. Next piece is either too blurry or too far away for me to focus on. Anyone have this issue or tricks to fix?

I have no trouble in flat screen TV mode looking at the next piece. Therefore I feel like only playing in flat screen TV mode from now on.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still having trouble on higher speeds 10+ of rotating while moving my pieces into place. It seems like pieces are only allowed to rotate about 8 times before being locked. I've also had a few times where pieces will just automatically drop and set (I thought it was me pressing up to lock one piece and then a second piece being locked right after, but I've also had it occur when my finger is no where near the up button). :?
The rotation and locking seem totally off to me on higher speeds. Sometimes they insta lock and other times I can rotate forever. Trying to rotate blocks over others going left or right is also 50/50. I actually have an easier time getting everything to work on the Master Mode difficulty. Its the same speed I think as the 20+ speed but none of the wonkiness. Once of gets above 15+ speed I personally feel like there's luck/randomness to my pieces instalocking when they touch down so I ended up putting down the game.

I'm sure us both need to 'git gud' or something but I went from struggling on the final level of Journey on normal to getting to M10 speeds within a week.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I actually have an easier time getting everything to work on the Master Mode difficulty. Its the same speed I think as the 20+ speed but none of the wonkiness.
I don't think this could be further from the truth.

Things like lock delay, rotation limits, and line clear animations are mostly consistent in Normal speeds, no matter what level. But once you get up to M15 or so in Master they start shaving frames off of all kinds of different aspects of the game that the normal speeds never touch.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Any official news on how this game is selling? From the leaderboards it seems really low for how well it reviewed and the fact that everyone has name recognition for Tetris.

I scrolled to the bottom of Journey total area high score (Normal) and there were only 93,000 entries. Lowest score was 1 point, so it doesn't seem to be cutoff. That's the default mode that I'd expect everyone to have played.

Super disappointing if it only sold 100k.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Any official news on how this game is selling? From the leaderboards it seems really low for how well it reviewed and the fact that everyone has name recognition for Tetris.

I scrolled to the bottom of Journey total area high score (Normal) and there were only 93,000 entries. Lowest score was 1 point, so it doesn't seem to be cutoff. That's the default mode that I'd expect everyone to have played.

I mean it's only on one platform and advertised largely as a VR experience, it's got a comparably high asking price for 'just a Tetris game' and hasn't had any discounts afaik.

Even if it's looking less impressive right now, I'd expect it to have a pretty long tail.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017

I might be wrong, but don't the total Journey scores only show up once you've completed the mode?

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Finally bought this. I cannot stop playing it. Tetris is the greatest game ever made and Mizuguchi's feel-good electronic bliss aesthetic layered on top is almost too much.

However, two things really (really) irk me about the game:

-I hate being graded every single time. I don't need to be measured against some arbitrary metric of "performance" in Tetris. The only thing that matters is the score (or time). I hate this.

-Can you really not just pick a level and set a constant speed? I just want to zen out to certain stages and not have to deal with increasing drop speed. Let me play forever at a constant speed. (The playlists come close).

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Effects Mode has a quick play & marathon mode where you can choose any stage you've unlocked.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Right but it still ramps up the drop speed. I want to play certain levels at a fixed speed endlessly.
Ahh, gotcha. I know Marathon has an Endless mode you can trigger, but it'll still ramp the speed up. Rather surprised there's no Endless for Chill Marathon that lets you just stick with one speed.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw that I can get a copy in the UK now. Is there anything weird with the UK physical edition or is all good? Just thought I should ask before buying.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, it took me like 2 damn hours, but I managed to get a 15 combo yesterday. I swear, I had so many moments where I'd hit about 12 or 13 to either have the gap be 4 or 5 blocks wide or be given an O or Z block that wouldn't fit & one or the other would be the block I was holding.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I finished everything up to Metamorphosis in two sittings with maybe 2 game overs. Now I've been stuck on the final 15 lines of Metamorphosis for 3 days. That jump from speed 7 to 13 is just unmanageable. The only way I've gotten close is like spamming the fuck out of the spin button.

What an annoying way to end a wonderful game.

Edit: I just discovered the focus mode lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The input lag in this game is insane. I find myself constantly ruining good runs because the game either buffers too much and I overshoot a piece, or drops my inputs and I fall short of what I wanted to do. I'm playing on a G-Sync monitor (G-Sync is obviously not on, duh), so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my setup. It has to be the game. I've played a lot of Tetris in my life and I've never encountered something like this before. The VR mode supposedly fixes the issue, but I'm not going to fork over €300 to play this game.

Between the way it plays and the constant bombardment of visuals that obstruct the screen... Well, let's say I ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris from Amazon.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Hey all, can anyone explained to me what happened from 1:28 in this video I just saved? I've never experienced it before!

Played through the entirety of Journey mode in one sitting on Normal, in 59m 59s 99ms (dunno if that has anything to do with it) and then this zone medley happened without my control at the end. I couldn't concentrate at all (clearly) because my mind was being blown.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I had that happen to me, I want it say it could be a bonus for playing through Journey in a single sitting &/or without having to continue.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hey all, can anyone explained to me what happened from 1:28 in this video I just saved? I've never experienced it before!

Played through the entirety of Journey mode in one sitting on Normal, in 59m 59s 99ms (dunno if that has anything to do with it) and then this zone medley happened without my control at the end. I couldn't concentrate at all (clearly) because my mind was being blown.

If you beat the game in one sitting and have a full zone bar by the final level you get it. It's the optimal way to get really high scores.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game has consumed me. I boot the game up, put on my Wireless gold headset and 4 hours go by.lol. My favorite soundtrack since Nier:Automata. Im slowing getting better at the game. Been a while since I played any Tetris game. Right now I can't see myself getting the platinum, rare that I can't seem to get things down to a point where I can make it thru somehow but it may be the case this time with this game. Great game.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
It took a while, but I can almost get from start to end in Journey... on easy. Getting the hang of planning ahead and storing pieces strategically, but I think I'm still doing a somewhat unorthodox playstyle that I came up with ad-hoc.

Now I need to be able to deal with speeds 10 or higher after playing for an hour...

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ive definitely leveled up in this game but having said that I thought I made significant stride in this game thinking "hey maybe the platinum is possible after all for me". I played Master a bunch of times and the highest I got was a C. lmao. I closed application in disgust.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Ive definitely leveled up in this game but having said that I thought I made significant stride in this game thinking "hey maybe the platinum is possible after all for me". I played Master a bunch of times and the highest I got was a C. lmao. I closed application in disgust.
If it helps, the grades for Master seem to be entirely dependent on survival, not score. You can just go for singles and get SS if you make it roughly halfway through the game.

Sprint mode is the main skill-gate for the platinum trophy.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it helps, the grades for Master seem to be entirely dependent on survival, not score. You can just go for singles and get SS if you make it roughly halfway through the game.

Sprint mode is the main skill-gate for the platinum trophy.
I know but what lands me in trouble here is that my Tetriminos would just stick instantly at times and drop 2-3 instantly even tho I could swear I was spinning it beforehand. I dunno if its my d-pad but ima use hori commander today instead to see it happens then.

ant1532

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone please answer this question from someone who doesn't have the game yet.

How do you unlock Theatre Mode and how long would you estimate that takes?

Once you unlock Theatre Mode can you begin at any song/level in the game? Or do you have to make your way through once again?

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I pulled the trigger on it and omg... This game is something else. It became part of my meditation routine after work. My PSVR should arrive today and I can't wait to try it out!

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Hit level 50 last week, finally unlocking the secret level. It's good! But I'm really itching for more content that I suspect may never come. Really excited to see what's next for Enhance either way.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
*Finally* beaten Metamorphosis on Expert... damn, that was hard, and I came *so* close so many times before finally getting it. Amazing feeling to finally manage it - and I really love the music that accompanies the stage.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
*Finally* beaten Metamorphosis on Expert... damn, that was hard, and I came *so* close so many times before finally getting it. Amazing feeling to finally manage it - and I really love the music that accompanies the stage.
Congrats! I still need to get around to finishing off the rest of the campaign on Expert. Haven't really played any more since I hit level 50 a couple weeks back.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any word on how this sold?

One of the most pleasant and warming gaming experiences ever, even if it gets pretty hectic and hard.