• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to get the Plat for this. SS on every section seems difficult though. i'm pretty decent at Tetris, just my T spin set ups aren't that great. I have about 70% of the trophies. don't have the 100 avatars, the level 100, the SS everywhere and the rotate a million times.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I really want to get the Plat for this. SS on every section seems difficult though. i'm pretty decent at Tetris, just my T spin set ups aren't that great. I have about 70% of the trophies. don't have the 100 avatars, the level 100, the SS everywhere and the rotate a million times.
I'll just say good luck - from what I've seen, this is widely rated as one of the hardest on the system! I'm satisfying myself with just having completed The Journey on Expert, that was plenty hard enough.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I'm more worried about the master mode.
Pretty sure you just have to survive about halfway through (starting on M1). Score doesn't matter there.

A little bit of pyramid stacking (stack higher in the center so that you can slide things off the top of the stack without getting stuck) and a lot of rotation abuse (you get roughly 15 spins before a piece locks into place; use them to stall) goes a long way.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So I finally bite with the PSN sale. I suck at Tetris, I usually get D ranks, C if I'm lucky, but it's ok, because the whole package is so good.
As an electronic music fan, this is my soundtrack of the gen by far. I usually think electronic music tracks in games are not very good, it's usually done by someone that didn't dive much into the genres and just add some synths and beats (Child of Eden included). This however is not only a love letter to Tetris but to electronic music done right, not only it covers a lot of genres including less know ones like Progressive House or PsyTrance, it usually does with high quality compositions that sounds like coming from the big producers of their genres. This is for me enough for enjoying the game a lot.

Right now I'm doing the Journey on begginer but I'm gonna try to do it in all difficulties, and also diving into the Effect modes. The 2 space areas are amazing. I wish they would release the OST already, the youtube rips seems to be done by people that don't know wtf are they doing when they try to synch the tetriminos sound with the music :(

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Yeah the music is basically what makes the game for me, it's awesome. Flabbergasted there hasn't been an official release in any form? Gimme that vinyl soundtrack even, hot damn. It will be mine Forever.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
EDIT: Never mind, I'm stupid. Just found out that the Stratosphere track changes depending on what time of day you play. That's pretty kick-ass.

I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but it seems like the devs replaced the awesome vocal track on Stratosphere with something different. :/

For comparison, here's the original:

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
EDIT: Never mind, I'm stupid. Just found out that the Stratosphere track changes depending on what time of day you play. That's pretty kick-ass.

Yep, the vocal track plays on the evening, I think starting at 19:00 or so. It's cool but the vocal track is the best of the three so it's kind of a downer when you don't get it.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at a bar with the creator of Tetris and a few other Tetris pros I've seen on YouTube. Big block energy y'all

bubaglobalj

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game, but my God is it ever hard. I consider myself to be fairly good at Tetris (with the exception of T spins). I've got A rank everywhere on Journey mode, but SS mode seems almost impossible.

I've decided I wanted to play more Tetris games, but saw the awful Ubisoft game Tetris Ultimate was delisted.

Besides Puyo Puyo and Tetris Effect, are there any other Tetris games on the ps4?

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game, but my God is it ever hard. I consider myself to be fairly good at Tetris (with the exception of T spins). I've got A rank everywhere on Journey mode, but SS mode seems almost impossible.

I've decided I wanted to play more Tetris games, but saw the awful Ubisoft game Tetris Ultimate was delisted.

Besides Puyo Puyo and Tetris Effect, are there any other Tetris games on the ps4?
For the craziest scores you really have to master the zone and do combos with double tetrises and stuff

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

No, get Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Still enjoying this game a lot, even when i'm not in the mood to play. I don't care that much about backward compatibility for the new generation of consoles but these are the kind of timeless games i hope will still work on the new generation. Such a wonderful mix of visuals, music and fun gameplay.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from fireworksordie fireworksordie!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

fireworksordie said:
AcQDkTcl.png

Enhance gifted me a Bandcamp code for the Tetris Effect OST for doing some performance troubleshooting for the Oculus Quest version of Tetris Effect. Since I already own the soundtrack, I figured I'd pass it on. Hopefully it will bring some lossless joy to one of you!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Bandcamp Bandcamp: Tetris Effect OST - Won by PlayBee PlayBee (2 entries)

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
"You need to participate more in this thread before you can enter this giveaway!"

Huh - is that standard for that kind of thing? Well, good luck to all of the 2 people who seem to have qualifed under the set conditions.

Apr 19, 2018
I've hit a wall, and its name is HULA SOUL.

I've been on and off with the game in the last few months, and every time I get back into it, I can't ever manage to get through this stage. Even on Beginner, the jump in speed at line 20 is just too much for me to handle.

I love the game, but I fear this is about as many stages I'm ever going to unlock. -_-;

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I've hit a wall, and its name is HULA SOUL.

I've been on and off with the game in the last few months, and every time I get back into it, I can't ever manage to get through this stage. Even on Beginner, the jump in speed at line 20 is just too much for me to handle.

I love the game, but I fear this is about as many stages I'm ever going to unlock. -_-;
Nooooo, keep playing! The stages after it are the best in the game