• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
4X9gc8w.jpg

ABOUT

Tetris Effect is the latest game from Enhance that takes the near-perfected modern Tetris gameplay and adds fully interactive visuals and music to induce synesthesia and possibly leading to the "Tetris effect"; a scientifically researched phenomenon where players eventually begin to see Tetromino blocks long after having played the game.

6zyrrWj.jpg

FEATURES

THE ZONE - Tetris Effect introduces the all new "Zone" mechanic. As you clear lines you fill up the Zone meter. Players can use this meter to enter "the Zone", stopping time to quickly get out of a sticky situation or rack up extra line clears for huge points. It also makes possible for the first time the clearing of more than four lines at once (a "Tetris") leading to the new "Octoris", "Decahexatris", "Perfectris" and more! The Zone mechanic is only available in the Journey mode.

MODES - Along with the standard "Journey" campaign mode where you complete a set number of lines across groups of stages, there are also the "Effect Modes" which include fan-favorites like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra as well as introducing new ones such as "Mystery" that will challenge and surprise even the greatest Tetris master.

STAGES - Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphics style and background that all evolve and change as you play. Clearing lines, getting combos, performing a T-spin double, and more will all cause the stage's music and visuals to react.

VISUALS - Available on Playstation 4, the game is fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro) or optionally in mind-blowing 3D in PSVR where the stages will come to life around you. You can also zoom and rotate the game field to your heart's content.

aNy39F3.jpg

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

November 9, 2018 on PlayStation 4 (with optional PSVR support) for $39.99.

cjR1h1Y.png

MEDIA

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
playing for 3 hours now, this game is really awesome! got a Octotris through the zone mode, feels great when activating zone mode and everything fits. the zones itself are great, game seems a lot sharper than the demo and more effects are sprawling. (playing non-VR on PS4Pro) some gorgeous backgrounds in there!

they´ve really done a great job for getting you "in the zone". will play this game a long time, Tetris Effect is exactly how you keep an evergreen title fresh and give it a new spin.

momentarily i a struggling with a zone which ramps up the speed to level 9 at 20 cleared lines, i just mess up at this speeds, i think they want you to keep the zone meter for the point when the game speeds up, will try to beat this now .-)

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
here's a playthrough of the demo that sold me on getting the game. the music+visuals blew me away.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
This game has got me into looking for a (cheapish) desktop DAC/headphone amp so I can use my cans with my PS4 (via optical out)...won't be playing VR but a good sound setup is a must when experiencing a Mizuguchi game.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What platforms? Edit: Duh PS4 lol.

Thought it would be listed in the pricing section.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the demo in VR & I dunno if it was just that I finally got back into my "groove" or something, but I noticed I managed to play much better in that I was able to clear both Normal & Hard on my first attempts where as it took a few tries before doing so without VR.

Cannot wait to get that PS4 theme, had the Rez ones up for the longest time.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how we can buy the OST? Because I need that song from the trailer. I NEED it.

SnakeEater

Oct 31, 2017
Played the demo yesterday. That was one hell of a trip, definately will pick it up when my psvr arrives

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Journey mode and did a bunch of other stuff. Didn't cry or anything, though I guess I got close from the eye strain (non-VR). I dunno, I had a bunch of fun, but was expecting to like it more...

The music right before the end of the campaign was super generic and kind of put me off. Thankfully, the final track is ace.

Oh yeah, the trophy list is also a nightmare. Get to level 100, SS rank on everything, and a couple of other absurd ones.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
As someone who got hooked on Dr. Mario, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to avoid this game.

because I know I'm going to get fucking addicted. RIP RDR2 and ACO time

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I've managed to get the 16 Line Zone Tetris, I believe 20 is the max?

Trying to do Purify mode, you need even more than 200 for the A? Do I need above 250 then?

S's and SS's? Ooph, probably a long way away.

Oct 27, 2017
IQ seems the same from demo for PSVR (on pro). I played Journey mode and some chill. Great game and the effects are cool. The dolphin stage was great. It's very addictive and I'm not normally into tetris.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
That resume on Mizuguchi is insane

Can't imagine many better people to take charge of a game like this

Will pick it up on Sat probably

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
liked this video here a lot, there is also a second part. it´s about Trey Harrison, a classic Tetris pro playing Tetris Effect for the first time:

I think Nick Robinson videos are banned from Resetera? Or at least, a lot of people will want a disclaimer that it's from him.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing it'll be up on the US PSN tomorrow, but on the EU store, there's a free OST sampler that seems to be the one you get for pre-ordering the game. Not sure if it's just for EU or if this is just a limited time thing.

1. Boscage [Radio Edit]
2. World of Colors [Radio Edit]
3. Look Up [Radio Edit]
4. Connected (Yours Forever) [Trailer Edit]
5. So They Say [Radio Edit]
6. Temptation [Radio Edit]
7. New Beginnings [Radio Edit]

The avatars & themes are also available for purchase on the EU store as well.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this! Preloaded and ready to go.

As an aside, I sat in a Mizuguchi/UGA session at GDC (maybe around 2000?), listening to him talk about the development of Space Channel 5. It was cool, and I thought he kinda had the same cadence as Bruce Lee when speaking. LOL He ended it by playing through the game in its entirety, which was a little strange, but it was still cool to watch. :)

Oct 27, 2017
pre-ordered this from Best Buy instore pickup as soon as I was able to. they cancelled my order because the store wasn't getting any, the closest store that was is 30miles away, and they didn't have any to ship apparently. so called 1888 for free expedited shipping after I told them that so I should get it Monday. You know, if they actually have it.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Does the progress from the demo carry over?

Don't know, I play Demo HK and buy game on EU Store. So, I would say yes but not sure at 100%.

Anyway, I expected more "pop" sound. And coming all at the end lol.
But not very fan at some music.

Otherwise, the game makes me peace with Tetris, I hated Tetris before this game lol.

perfect game after RDR2