• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
+ creation of their own electoral college who would choose statewide office-holders, eliminating one-person-one-vote/popular vote system
+ rejects legitimacy of Biden's 2020 election
+ complete abortion ban and teaching anti-abortion curriculum in schools
+ abolishing federal income tax

The full 40-page officially released document

www.texastribune.org

Texas Republican Convention calls Biden win illegitimate and rebukes Cornyn over gun talks

Some 5,100 delegates and alternates voted on a party platform that also calls for ending the federal income tax, requiring education about fetal gestation and limiting the Legislature’s right to regulate guns.

• Requiring Texas students "to learn about the humanity of the preborn child," including teaching that life begins at fertilization and requiring students to listen to live ultrasounds of gestating fetuses.
  • Amending the Texas Constitution to remove the Legislature's power "to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime."
  • Treating homosexuality as "an abnormal lifestyle choice," language that was not included in the 2018 or 2020 party platforms.
  • Deeming gender identity disorder "a genuine and extremely rare mental health condition," requiring official documents to adhere to "biological gender," and allowing civil penalties and monetary compensation to "de-transitioners" who have received gender-affirming surgery, which the platform calls a form of medical malpractice.
  • Changing the U.S. Constitution to cement the number of Supreme Court justices at nine and repeal the 16th Amendment of 1913, which created the federal income tax.
  • Ensuring "freedom to travel" by opposing Biden's Clean Energy Plan and "California-style, anti-driver policies," including efforts to turn traffic lanes over for use by pedestrians, cyclists and mass transit.
  • Declaring "all businesses and jobs as essential and a fundamental right," a response to COVID-19 mandates by Texas cities that required customers to wear masks and limited business hours.
  • Abolishing the Federal Reserve, the nation's central bank, and guaranteeing the right to use alternatives to cash, including cryptocurrencies.

MAKE. PLANS. TO. LEAVE. TEXAS. IF. YOU. CAN.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I just saw this trending on Twitter and read some of it. Jesus Christ this is an extreme platform.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Abolishing the federal reserve??? Roflmao that like icing on the shit cake of that list lol.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Changing the U.S. Constitution to cement the number of Supreme Court justices at nine

they want an amendment to keep the court forever. you can't even make it up

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
MAKE. PLANS. TO. LEAVE. TEXAS. IF. YOU. CAN.
Not happening. Corporations love this. Caterpillar just announced that they are moving their HQ from Illinois to Texas. These fuckers get all the benefits of starting their companies and when it's time to pay taxes, they move.

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
It is a theocratic fascist, anti democratic platform. The GOP is a theocratic fascist, anti democratic party. If they get power at the federal level, the US as we know it will be no more.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This is desperation. They're way too close to purple for their comfort so they have to make the place as unwelcome for dems as possible to try to keep it. It's a losing battle for them as long as people don't leave. Ofc that's easy to say when I don't live there. There's a reason we're seeing some of the most extreme laws in traditionally toss up states like Ohio and Florida.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
As an European, I can't help but wonder if we will see an influx of american political refugee's in the near-ish future, with the trajectory america is on right now........

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Texas really this far gone? I mean, enough Texans will vote for this to keep the GOP in power? (Not that their explicit plans involve keeping democracy but they still needs votes for now).
This is horrific and extremely dismaying. I don't know how you come back from this kind of extremism.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm weirdly surprised by that list. Far more extreme than where I thought the party was at right now considering that's about every batshit crazy idea in the right wing on their platform.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I expected this to come from Mississippi or Florida. But Texas has gone full blown, masks off insane. Well, more insane than usual. I get the feeling their GOP is legitimately scared they're getting booted out soon.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Man this decade is gonna suck hard right? The crazies have taken over. Most of the population is fixated in culture wars shit and people only care about their single point of view.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man this decade is gonna suck hard right? The crazies have taken over. Most of the population is fixated in culture wars shit and people only care about their single point of view.
It's actually not most. Unfortunately those in power are definitely are.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People keep saying the country won't/can't divide but it already is. there is no "United Sates" when I am perfectly fine here in MA but moving to Texas my existence would be literally illegal. Something's got to break.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
They used to hide behind a thin veil but now that they have the SC they are telling what will happen.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is desperation. They're way too close to purple for their comfort so they have to make the place as unwelcome for dems as possible to try to keep it. It's a losing battle for them as long as people don't leave. Ofc that's easy to say when I don't live there. There's a reason we're seeing some of the most extreme laws in traditionally toss up states like Ohio and Florida.
That's a little more reassuring.
You'd think being so extremist would make enough people baulk to make them lose power more quickly, if anything.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
So is Civil War 2 war only a matter of when and not if? Cause I can definitely see a few other red states being this brazenly facist

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
  • Declaring "all businesses and jobs as essential and a fundamental right," a response to COVID-19 mandates by Texas cities that required customers to wear masks and limited business hours.

Am I misinterpreting this, or this guaranteeing jobs for everyone by calling them "a fundamental right"? I know the GOP would never want that and this is meant as more anti-mandate crap, but still, weird wording.

Anyway this is one frightening, regressive list holy shit

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm weirdly surprised by that list. Far more extreme than where I thought the party was at right now considering that's about every batshit crazy idea in the right wing on their platform.
i think they're trying to strike while the iron is hot. its like "this is the moment, get one chance" etc

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Man they must be terrified that the state is going to go purple soon, and it absolutely is. I expect a platform this extreme is going to backfire hard. Most normal people who vote Republican will think this is really over the top.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
And swing voters will approve of this, as long as the issues of Gas prices and inflation are "solved" by Republicans.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering when they'd go after that pesky social right moment just before Roe given they're attacking everything after it, but there it is.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
All of this is batshit insane. This is one of my favorites though.
Ensuring "freedom to travel" by opposing Biden's Clean Energy Plan and "California-style, anti-driver policies," including efforts to turn traffic lanes over for use by pedestrians, cyclists and mass transit.

Nothing screams "freedom" like being stuck in traffic, using a mode of transportation that's reliant on non-renewable fuel, having to pay insurance and licensing fees, being stuck with car payments, and having to pay for expensive, regular maintenance. The fact that people view that as freedom but walking or riding a bike isn't freedom is mind blowing to me. It's literally free to walk to bike anywhere, and using public transportation costs way less than owning a car, and these chucklefucks have convinced themselves that true freedom is owning an expensive form of transportation.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Please, let them seceded. Good bye and good riddance.

As Colorado went more blue our state GOP just got more and more crazy