• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the most thrilling card game of all time?

• Texas Hold'em

Votes: 123 54.4%
  • Other Variant of Poker

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Spades

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Hearts

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Speed

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Pinochle

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 66 29.2%

• Total voters

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
These guys know what's up. When it comes to poker, the action junkies are at the Omaha tables. Insanely fun to play and watch.
Why would action junkies be at NL omaha? They have incredibly worse odds of making money. If you're action junkie at NL Omaha then you are literally playing the game wrong. You may as well flip a coin for when you win.

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
Why would action junkies be at NL omaha? They have incredibly worse odds of making money. If you're action junkie at NL Omaha then you are literally playing the game wrong. You may as well flip a coin for when you win.
They'd be at an Omaha table because there's more action. Hence them being action junkies. I didn't mention anything about playing the game right or wrong. It's gambling and you play way more flops and get way more draws in Omaha vs Texas Hold'em.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
They'd be at an Omaha table because there's more action. Hence them being action junkies. I didn't mention anything about playing the game right or wrong. It's gambling and you play way more flops and get way more draws in Omaha vs Texas Hold'em.
I don't believe there is more action at NLO. There doesn't seem to be a reason why even if people see more flops. If it's cash then people will still play well (unless it's some 1/3 shit) but that's not action.

Even then, the biggest action tends to be NLHE cause certain tables require you to give action or else you cannot participate. Or you go to Macau and find one of the many 6+ games.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Hold Em is my go to poker game, but if you want thrilling, something with more variance, like Omaha or Badugi might fit the bill.