• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article228178209.html

With a halter around his head and a rope as a leash, Oliver the African Watusi steer was led through Petco's glass doors and almost immediately greeted by an employee, Browning's video shows.

GoodWateryDuckbillcat.webp

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
How is it "calling their bluff" if they like, let him in? And an employee even pet the longhorn?

Also, longhorns are awesome.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I'm staying at a hotel in DC in June and their policy is if your pet can fit through the door then they are welcome...

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't control the animal, it's not a leash. It's a rope that just happens to be tied to an animal.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My minpin would still go up to it, sniff it, then try to establish dominance.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod update the title to "Texas Man proven wrong trying to call Petco's "All leashed pets are welcome" policy a bluff"

Oct 28, 2017
So I watched the video on the website provided by the link in the OP and while that is a pretty cute steer, the following snake video is why me and Texas are only acquainted by airport.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
That thing and its horns are massive. I don't think I've ever seen any that big. It's really cute and well behaved though. Didn't come off as scary, even though it could be.

I'm glad the employees reacted like that because it was very well behaved and docile. I'd have pet it too. I just wouldn't want to be the one to clean up its shit if it had an accident in the store.

It's surprising its horns never hit the glass.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well first the petco staff are presumably trained to deal with dogs and cats but i also disagree with your analysis that a giant steer wouldn't fuck you up lol
Of course it can do damage, but in a store like Petco, you at least have shelves and displays to help get away in the case of a rampage. Dogs and cats can easily go around those things and bite your ass. You'd have a better chance of getting away unhurt in a steer rampage inside a Petco, than getting away from a rabid dog.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Big animals always make me nervous, not because I am afraid they will attack, but because if they do, they are powerful af. I would be pretty nervous if I worked there lol

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That thing and its horns are massive. I don't think I've ever seen any that big. It's really cute and well behaved though. Didn't come off as scary, even though it could be.

I'm glad the employees reacted like that because it was very well behaved and docile. I'd have pet it too. I just wouldn't want to be the one to clean up its shit if it had an accident in the store.

It's surprising its horns never hit the glass.

I believe Myth Busters did a part on the whole bull in a chinashop thing and the bull basically avoided most everything with ease.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was going to be a BDSM type gag
Oh good, I wasn't the only one whose mind immediately went there... excellent....
Same. I'm disappointed.
With the way the title was worded I was 100% expecting it to be this, yeah. Dude with his partner in a gimp suit on a leash or something. I like the actual pet way more... even though the thread title is an outright lie!!

Well first the petco staff are presumably trained to deal with dogs and cats but i also disagree with your analysis that a giant steer wouldn't fuck you up lol
You'd think so, but they aren't

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
They seem to have a really calm temperment, it seems?
Yeah. They're pretty calm and not as evasive (remember, cattle are prey animals) as many other breeds I've worked with in vet school, but that's just my experience. The steer in this video seems like he has been pretty well-socialized, though, which is super awesome and can really help with development of a calm, friendly demeanor (which is why it's so important to socialize puppies and kittens)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now if only he took a huge shit on the floor. lol