• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Just saw Kojima Productions posted this, I think it's new news?
EDxXSPAUwAEoXOA

Image courtesy of Xenosaga

Gameplay vol. 1 to be a 50 minute panel on September 12th for business day. Day 2 vol. 2 will be about 30 minutes and day 3 is for the fans featuring the Japanese Voice cast.

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sounds like each gameplay showcase is going to be different, will probably have a lot of footage then

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see more. This is going to be great, I hope both sessions have different gameplay footage.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

The first live stage gameplay will be a 50 minute panel. The second presentation will be 30 minutes and the last panel is one for the fans with an audience with the voice cast. Kojima will be present for all 3 panels.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Damn that's a conundrum because I really want to see this but I also don't want to see too much more of the game before playing.This is obviously going to be the big gameplay blow out we've been waiting for.....what do do,lol.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might watch snippets or read people's reactions but I don't think i'll watch, I know more than enough.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it is not all talking. I would like to see a meaty mission with some gameplay variety and meaningful interactions between the characters. The last gameplay didn't show enough content. I am super intrigued by the game but some of the presentation has been too self indulgent. Particularly far too much being made of the acting cast...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Hopefully it is not all talking. I would like to see a meaty mission with some gameplay variety and meaningful interactions between the characters. The last gameplay didn't show enough content. I am super intrigued by the game but some of the presentation has been too self indulgent. Particularly far too much being made of the acting cast...
The gamescom gameplay footage was a short tease of the TGS gameplay, this one should be very meaty.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I love the bizarre sci fi setting, the creator and some of the actors like Mads and Winding Refn (being a fan of them since the legendary Pusher Trilogy) .

No need to see or know more about the game :D

Hideo Kojima elaborates on what to expect for the live stage panels

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

9/12 will be about showing what kinda of game it is (it's long so there is chance it might go wrong midway, so it's possible they will pre-record the gameplay)
9/14 will continue from 9/12's gameplay, and will go to special place and show live gameplay of that.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

9/12 will be about showing what kinda of game it is (it's long so there is chance it might go wrong midway, so it's possible they will pre-record the gameplay)
9/14 will continue from 9/12's gameplay, and will go to special place and show live gameplay of that.

Oh wow, so we're actually getting large chunks of actual gameplay footage.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Jeeeeeeeeeesus. lmao

Ok then. I just assumed from a 50 minute demo it would be like, 20 minutes of gameplay and the rest talking.
Kojima specifically said "50 minutes of gameplay" and "30 minutes of live gameplay" so I think he is talking about the gameplay length, not the length of the panel.
But considering the panel for 12th is 50 minutes, it's probably not total of 50 minutes... And it might be cut into mulitple videos and they might talk inbetween and such...
Anyways it's still going to be a lot of gameplay footage for sure.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
I love that we're genuinely getting to see what Kojima would do with basically unlimited budget. I not overly hyped for the game but just the experience is hilarious.

Original music album that only blockbuster films get usually
Star studded voice cast
Insane preview events
Absolutely bonkers advertising

I'm all for it.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Kojima specifically said "50 minutes of gameplay" and "30 minutes of live gameplay" so I think he is talking about the gameplay length, not the length of the panel.
But considering the panel for 12th is 50 minutes, it's probably not total of 50 minutes... And it might be cut into mulitple videos and they might talk inbetween and such...
Anyways it's still going to be a lot of gameplay footage for sure.

It looks like PlayStation is listing the vol.1 panel as 70 minutes? Could be you're right and it'll be 50 minutes of gameplay with some for discussion, unless the 20 minutes is s buffer for the panel start and end.

The real question is: Where can I watch?
YouTube and Twitch apparently.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that we're genuinely getting to see what Kojima would do with basically unlimited budget. I not overly hyped for the game but just the experience is hilarious.

Star studded voice cast
Insane preview events

I'm all for it.
Same.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Star studded voice cast
Insane preview events

I'm all for it.

They've also partnered up with Monster Energy Drinks for TGS too, lol So you can buy DS Monster branded cans and merch there.

Zipzoom

May 27, 2019

Star studded voice cast
Insane preview events

I'm all for it.
Are you sure he has an unlimited budget?

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Are you sure he has an unlimited budget?

I mean of course he doesn't but he almost definitely is getting Rockstar level budgets given to him. Sony know he has such a following that anything he does people will buy it no doubt. It wasn't a statement to be taken literally word for word.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I can't imagine it'll be 80minutes of gameplay. That would be unprecedented even for a game with normal coverage around it, let alone Death Stranding with how secretive they've been with it and not wanting to spoil it.

sado0og

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Vol.1 gameplay... Sam long daycare

Vol.2 gameplay... Other characters involving the daycare

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I can't imagine it'll be 120minutes of gameplay. That would be unprecedented even for a game with normal coverage around it, let alone Death Stranding with how secretive they've been with it and not wanting to spoil it.
kojima said on his twitter 50 minutes of gameplay on the first day and 30 minutes on the second day, so 80 minutes total.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It was meant to have lots of gameplay material available before release, just like any other KP's project. By the time it's out, my only worry is how much will be known already.