• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
kojima said on his twitter 50 minutes of gameplay on the first day and 30 minutes on the second day, so 80 minutes total.
Yeah I meant to say 1:20 hours but then corrected it to minutes. Either way it seems too long. IIRC Spider-man had a ~30 minute demo at E3 before release. God of War had a ~30 minute demo video a few weeks before release. HZD had a few ~10 minute gameplay videos. Same with the likes of Uncharted and TLoU. Days Gone is the only game that comes to mind where Sony have shown off this much footage. But they were doing that with Days Gone since it was announced.

30 minutes would seem realistic but nearly an hour and half of gameplay?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah I meant to say 1:20 hours but then corrected it to minutes. Either way it seems too long. IIRC Spider-man had a ~30 minute demo at E3 before release. God of War had a ~30 minute demo video a few weeks before release. HZD had a few ~10 minute gameplay videos. Same with the likes of Uncharted and TLoU. Days Gone is the only game that comes to mind where Sony have shown off this much footage. But they were doing that with Days Gone since it was announced.

need to consider that Death Stranding is a much different type of game than other stuff on the market, and its a game that is hard to sell based on short gameplay bursts "he is just walking, what do you even do in this game", death stranding is the kind of game that in order to show the gameplay at its best, needs to have a long stretch of gameplay.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

MGSV had over 60 minutes of gameplay released prior to release with different infiltration methods and maps, I think 60 minutes was just showcased at one TGS alone and then there was E3, different outlets etc. So it's not unheard of from Kojima.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

One hour of that one hour and a half are cutscenes. ;)

Honestly, I think it is time for longer, uncut gameplay. The game is out in two months and we hardly have seen any gameplay. The Gamescom gameplay snippet left me more puzzled than before.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
I really don't know if I want to watch any more gameplay.

I still don't fully understand what's in store and whilst more gameplay videos will eventually lead me to understand better on what to expect, but this lingering question of what this game is all about and the intrigue behind it is also part of the hype that's driving me towards buying it day one.

I want to experience everything first hand. For instance, the fact that I now know that I can pee in the game, while good, would've been bonkers if I experienced it myself. And also seeing the mushroom pop up. I would've probably died laughing.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Yeap, not gonna watch this. I know it'll be good enough if they are showing 80 minutes of the gameplay.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Can't wait.

Let's hope we finally get to see the coveted Social Strand System in action, what makes it different compared to the async multiplayer in stuff like Dark Souls?

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This event will settle if I preorder or not. Too many games I want (Pokémon, DXM, BL3, Code Vein) and not much money as a student.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will this be livestreamed on both days or will we have to wait a week or so for this footage to be released?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I mean, I'll watch it but I still think he will choose not to show much of anything lol

Then again, it might be like that MGS V trailer we got where V-Snake rides through the map showing off the mechanics.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Ok,so that is a lot of stuff they will be showing.....luckily this is in Japan and I'm in the UK so it will be on in the middle of the night....easy for me to miss it.I'm just gonna come on here the next day and see what the reactions are,I really don't want to see that much tbh.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still want to watch it to get the general sense of the gameplay. What I mean is I hope they keep a bunch of mechanics, locations and enemies secret. Not to mention story which I think they've shown more than enough of already.
but why?? Just... why??? I already know, by your avatar, that you are a kojima fan, you will buy the game on release date, why spoil everything else watching a 60 min video? I just watched the trailer last year and it was enough weirdness to make me want to buy the game.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really want to like this game, but nothing so far has sold me on it. Hoping this will do the trick! Then again i have such a huge PS4 backlog I probably won't be buying it for a while anyway 😭😭

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I'm assuming they will show a mission or two and will replay it multiple times showing you the various ways you can beat it.

Something like MGSV 30 minute gameplay demonstration.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Can't wait.

Let's hope we finally get to see the coveted Social Strand System in action, what makes it different compared to the async multiplayer in stuff like Dark Souls?

Idk I kind of want to find out when I play the game. Unless it's not really anything different, then they should just reveal it now.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Blackout time. Hopefully it shows those who complain about not seeing enough before release, enough to decide if it's for them.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Why do people need to see more gameplay?

So what was the Black goo tiger about? Or the forest boss? I mean its obvious there is some crazy shit happening in the game. Its Kojima.

Idk all I hope for is people dont start spamming gifs outside official threads. That can get annoying here just like the old thread. This is the main reason I hate big reveals. People cant hold themselves by spoilering everyone.

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
I haven't watched the most recent two trailers, so I'll be skipping this too. Every so often I like to go into something completely blind.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna show off that Sam can poop now. Truly a next-gen experience. It's going to take him 20 minutes to finish because he dicks around on his cell phone while pooping just like a real person!

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
So, will this be 5 minutes of actual footage out of 75 minutes dedicated exclusively to STRAND talk, or are we expecting a full-on gameplay DEEP dive this time around?

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima used to have these long panels that always gathered huge crowds at every TGS. That he's back and it's not going to happen at Konami's booth stage must be ruffling some feathers.