• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they're showing so much content, the game run time is going to be longer than of Zelda.
I expect atleast 50 hours.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
No story scenes, please. Don't need to see that anymore. Just give us unedited gameplay with parts blurred out for spoilers, and it's all good.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why they're showing so much now. Kojima was being so mysterious about the game but now he is going to show over an hour of gameplay. Hm

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
1/3 of one mission is 50 minutes? That supposed leak from a playtester of the game who talked about a 200h campain may be on to something then ^^

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Link please?

My Platinum trophy took 150hrs +
I think it was posted in the main DS thread here or in another of the Kojima threads that popped up lately.

No real source because it's "I talked to someone who playtested DS, and even though they didn't want to say much he said the following" followed by bullet points about the game, the first one being that the campain was 200h long.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was posted in the main DS thread here or in another of the Kojima threads that popped up lately.

No real source because it's "I talked to someone who playtested DS, and even though they didn't want to say much he said the following" followed by bullet points about the game, the first one being that the campain was 200h long.
tks,I just hope the game delivers the hype,not matter how length is.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
tks,I just hope the game delivers the hype,not matter how length is.
You're welcome :) For what it's worth I'm convinced the game will deliver greatly!

I just checked the timezones to get ready for tomorrow and fuck me, presentation starts at 8.30AM where I live, right as I leave my place to go to work. Its gonna be a horrible day of forcing myself to not watch it on my phone or laptop and wait to come back to my tv afterwork, and even harder to not readinfos and impressions all day long :(

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome :) For what it's worth I'm convinced the game will deliver greatly!

I just checked the timezones to get ready for tomorrow and fuck me, presentation starts at 8.30AM where I live, right as I leave my place to go to work. Its gonna be a horrible day of forcing myself to not watch it on my phone or laptop and wait to come back to my tv afterwork, and even harder to not readinfos and impressions all day long :(
I know how is that,happens a lot with me too,but this time will be 3:30 AM here o.O

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It says so much about the gaming industry and it's audience where such a large portion only consider the part where you shoot bang or sneaky sneak to be "actual gameplay."

Agreed, people always say they want something different. Turns out they want something different but you still have to kill and blow everything up. I believe most will be watching for their "gatcha" moment to shit up future threads with peeing and words and deeds shit posts.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It says so much about the gaming industry and it's audience where such a large portion only consider the part where you shoot bang or sneaky sneak to be "actual gameplay."
I don't think that's quite fair. A game like Celeste for instance has essentially no enemies, but the gameplay is very clear about how it is fun. I think it makes sense that people would be iffy on a game where the main gameplay loop is walking.

What doesn't make sense is why people think that's what Death Stranding is. Im guessing people are being willfully obtuse and hoping the game will be bad.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, people always say they want something different. Turns out they want something different but you still have to kill and blow everything up. I believe most will be watching for their "gatcha" moment to shit up future threads with peeing and words and deeds shit posts.

It's a win win for them anyway because all their opinions will feed into each other and transform depending on the content shown tomorrow, to allow them to keep trashing the game and the team

Untill tomorrow it is "Kojima is pretentious and up his own ass, what do you do in this game besides walking and peeing etc"

Anything proven wrong by the demonstration will automatically feed into reinforcing the other argument. Demo shows a lot of gameplay with action , shoot bang : no more "what do you do/nothing to do", instead replaced by "oh so this is how Kojima moves the medium forward? With a banal shoot bang LMFAO was a pretentious prick who loves the smell of their own fart". And if somehow 80 minutes of gameplay don't convince them that it's not a walking peeing simulator with nothing to do" they will be like "haha rofl 80 minutes of gameplay and there is nothing, Kojima is a douche etc"

These people don't want to discuss because their opinion is already made without needing to even try the game or have impressions from people who completed it, and they wanted to hate the game from the very beginning anyway, why I have no idea. That's why I don't even try to engage these opinions. The threads are very funny to read though :)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It's a win win for them anyway because all their opinions will feed into each other and transform depending on the content shown tomorrow, to allow them to keep trashing the game and the team

Untill tomorrow it is "Kojima is pretentious and up his own ass, what do you do in this game besides walking and peeing etc"

Anything proven wrong by the demonstration will automatically feed into reinforcing the other argument. Demo shows a lot of gameplay with action , shoot bang : no more "what do you do/nothing to do", instead replaced by "oh so this is how Kojima moves the medium forward? With a banal shoot bang LMFAO was a pretentious prick who loves the smell of their own fart". And if somehow 80 minutes of gameplay don't convince them that it's not a walking peeing simulator with nothing to do" they will be like "haha rofl 80 minutes of gameplay and there is nothing, Kojima is a douche etc"

These people don't want to discuss because their opinion is already made without needing to even try the game or have impressions from people who completed it, and they wanted to hate the game from the very beginning anyway, why I have no idea. That's why I don't even try to engage these opinions. The threads are very funny to read though :)

I just got depressed reading this because I know all of this will happen.

"Kojima and friends"
"He really likes to smell his own farts huh?"
"Oh so this is what a strand is"
"I'm on Konami's side now"
"He spent all the money on actors and not the gameplay"
"Sony probably told him to complete it, so gameplay is lacking"
"More cutscenes than gameplay"

I wanna see if someone can make a bingo on these.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
They are, check the OP. Sep 12 is the first day, Sep 14 and 15 are day two and day three respectively.
Shit I didn't even noticed, I assumed Day 12 was Friday. Thanks for avoiding me some disapointement comes Friday!

I just got depressed reading this because I know all of this will happen.

"Kojima and friends"
"He really likes to smell his own farts huh?"
"Oh so this is what a strand is"
"I'm on Konami's side now"
"He spent all the money on actors and not the gameplay"
"Sony probably told him to complete it, so gameplay is lacking"
"More cutscenes than gameplay"

I wanna see if someone can make a bingo on these.
It will happen,don't be depressed, the thread will be gloriously fun to read to see the salt and spins done post demos :)

This Bingo card would be classified as an SCP for being a bingo that everyone wins even if they don't play ^^

Though I gotta say the "Maybe Konami was right after all" posts I've seen here made me sad, because how foolish can one be to have such an opinion :(
The rest is very fun though, my favorite is the concern trolling in regard to gameplay because the disatrous track record of Kojima in this department. Hahahaha just make me laugh thinking about it

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I'm having a hard time understanding the wording of his post.
Is this the first 1/3 of the "main mission" of the game or just 1/3 of the first mission of the game?
He says "the first 1/3 of the game mission" implying it is just some random (story or additional) mission from the game. I highly doubt that the entire game can be completed in 150 minutes, that's just nonsense.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yea,I've no idea what he means.
I thought it was 1/3 of a mission. A mission 1/3 in the game could also be possible.

Also I'm now convinced day 1 is real world and day 2 is Hades, because the tweet goes like "for day 1, we cannot fail the presentation" which I understood as "we can't die in this demo because then it would show Hades which is set for a demo 2 days after"

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I thought it was 1/3 of a mission. A mission 1/3 in the game could also be possible.

Also I'm now convinced day 1 is real world and day 2 is Hades, because the tweet goes like "for day 1, we cannot fail the presentation" which I understood as "we can't die in this demo because then it would show Hades which is set for a demo 2 days after"
First time I read it as 1/3 of the game,lol.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
15 minutes of Norman Reedus taking a bath.
10 minutes removing infected nails and cleaning bruises
15 minutes sleeping in the grass
10 minutes climbing stairs (while playing Snake Eater)

1 minute of strange strandings.
10 seconds of shooting and guns blazing
5 seconds of baby butt

That sums up the first day.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
15 minutes of Norman Reedus taking a bath.
10 minutes removing infected nails and cleaning bruises
15 minutes sleeping in the grass
10 minutes climbing stairs (while playing Snake Eater)

1 minute of strange strandings.
10 seconds of shooting and guns blazing
5 seconds of baby butt

That sums up the first day.
Like clockwork lol

You forgot day 2. It is the day 2 demo Kojima mentioned he was keeping for TGS when he showed the gameplay at TGA.

Day 2 is 5 minutes of Sam walking to Geoff's character(the same 5 minutes we got at TGA) and then 25 minutes of interactive "strand conversation gameplay" where Sam and Geoff talk about the special bound they have together, where you have to carefully pick your sentences in order to not damage the bond/strand between Geoff and Hide...Sam sorry

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Translation: Fine, mouthbreathers. Here's some goddamn gameplay to shut you up for the next two months.
I have a hard time believing he didn't want to show anything at TGS, and just because of vocal haters decided to edit 80 minutes of footage just because. I think he is (really well) trolling the susmentionned vocal haters, and I love it

Or he initally wanted to show only the Briefing demo at TGS, and did the 80 mins on the side.

I like the first explanation better :)

I seriously love the ""I've revealed many info(hint)" . He shouldn't bother trying, we tried to tell them but they keep talking about piss and mushrooms

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the comments about Death Stranding of "oh, only shootbang is real gameplay????" are really annoying...

I would love if this was a mostly non-violent game about walking and exploring, but we would still need to know what is actually compelling about the walking and exploring and the mechanics of that.

For example, if this is an exploration driven game, what mechanics are there for climbing? What issues do you need to take into account? Is there stamina? Does rain make climbing slippery? What are the risk-reward elements to decide to climb in a certain spot vs another? What will the level design challenge you to do? How is tension created in climbing? How complex are the climbing/walking mechanics? Is climbing a multi step process or mostly just pushing up?

Those are just a few questions about one part of the game that I thought of off the top of my head that we have very few answers to.

Hopefully tomorrow actually shows the gameplay in depth.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the comments about Death Stranding of "oh, only shootbang is real gameplay????" are really annoying...

I would love if this was a mostly non-violent game about walking and exploring, but we would still need to know what is actually compelling about the walking and exploring and the mechanics of that.

For example, if this is an exploration driven game, what mechanics are there for climbing? What issues do you need to take into account? Is there stamina? Does rain make climbing slippery? What are the risk-reward elements to decide to climb in a certain spot vs another? What will the level design challenge you to do? How is tension created in climbing? How complex are the climbing/walking mechanics? Is climbing a multi step process or mostly just pushing up?

Those are just a few questions about one part of the game that I thought of off the top of my head that we have very few answers to.

Hopefully tomorrow actually shows the gameplay in depth.
What's also funny is (as the tweet from Kojima says) we already got a lot of information in the form of hints for all these questions.

-what mechanics are there for climbing? We already saw some with the ladder and the different boots you have to use which impact climbing, balance and surely other things
-What issues do you need to take into account? Your loadout, its weight and the weight of your delivery, which will all affect you traversal options and difficulty. BTs, Homo Demens, natural topography etc...
-Is there stamina?Actually this is not known, but I don't think in a game where what you carry affect your balance for even just walking, a stamina mechanic seems obvious, it would be stupid to be affected by weight while being able to run/climb endlessly
-Does rain make climbing slippery? Yes , I'm pretty sure it was confirmed
-What are the risk-reward elements to decide to climb in a certain spot vs another? shorter and more dangerous way if you want to mainly deliver the packages, longer and less dangerous way if you want to be safe or explore and maybe find secrets in the map? Seems evident
-What will the level design challenge you to do? Make informed decisions on how to deliver your packages depending on the dangers you are gonna face and how you equipped yourself for the mission? Force you to have a light loadout if you want to acces optionnal stuff/secrets and therefore less able to defend yourself
-How is tension created in climbing? By mixing all of the above and forcing you to considrate it while you climb knowing that one mistake will send you to Hades?
-How complex are the climbing/walking mechanics? Complex enough to be affected by the weight of what you carry, the type of climbing gear you have equipped and the natural conditions around you while you climb?
-Is climbing a multi step process or mostly just pushing up? Really? With all we've already seen you think climbing will be just push up ?

Really goes with the tweet I mentionned earlier. Plenty of information was given in the form of hints, but apparently information is not information if it is not pushed directly in the brain without any effort needed by the receiver.
Consider it like this. What is more important : that you don't know the exact answers to these questions pre release, or that these questions all have answers that are not "No" or a variant of "there isn't, no". Whatever it is, you're still talking about the game so obviously they did something right with their communication surrounding it :)