• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Update
Article

While Resident Evil Village is being developed specifically for next-generation consoles and PC, we're looking into delivering the experience on Xbox One and PS4 as well," Kanda said.

"We're looking into it, but we can't make any promises. However, we will do our best in creating a top-tier survival horror experience on current generation consoles."

Dusk Golem vindicated!

Just "announced" during the livestream.

Capcom is trying to port the game on PS4 and Xbox One and well...that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
But i thought they were having a hard time with the PS5 from that one tweeter source? How will it play on a PS4?

/s

Oct 25, 2017
So this somewhat lines up with what Dusk Golemn has said about Capcom going back and forth about whether they wanted this to be next gen only or not.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Lines up with what Dusk Golem said. The PS4/XB1 versions initially ran into issues that led them to being scrapped in the first place, so it's no guarantee that they'll happen. But at least Capcom is trying.

Oct 26, 2017
The wording sounds like it's a next-gen game first, which is a bit odd as wasn't it supposed to have been a current gen game but then got buffed too much and was then made next-gen only?

Sep 7, 2020
Yeah, I want more people to enjoy the game but is it worth it if the game runs terribly? I don't know just posing the question. I am sure people would still buy it but it would impact reviews likely.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So Dusk was right again

Btw, the playtests were being done on the PS4 Pro even prior to the game's announcement so this doesn't surprise me. Kinda sad they had to scale the game back to cross-gen because of the PS5 struggling. Would have been cool to see the reality-altering effects they wanted to go for.

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was being originally designed to be cross gen but then it was scrapped. And now its going back to cross gen?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The wording sounds like it's a next-gen game first, which is a bit odd as wasn't it supposed to have been a current gen game but then got buffed too much and was then made next-gen only?
As far as I understand it, the initial rumor was that it started off current gen, got moved to next gen, got held back because of PS5 development issues, and now they're considering scaling it back to the point that cross-gen versions are back on the table.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering what could have pushed a company to comment on this when they are not even sure if they can release said PS4/X1 versions.

Last edited:

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
"We now go live to Dusk Golem"

FlawlessGlassHousefly-size_restricted.gif

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Still doesn't confirm PS5 issues, especially considering they're trying to make last-gen ports.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Going by what Dusk said, it went like this...
  • Started as cross-gen
  • Current-gen versions weren't performing well
  • Capcom later doubled down on next-gen performance when they focused on PS5/XSX hardware
  • Capcom is now looking into bringing back the PS4/XB1 versions
The issue now is all of the stuff they made for RE8 with next-gen in mind.