• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 33382

User request account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you Valve for PC gaming even being a thing. The influx of console games being ported would have never happened without you.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Arkane for Prey, i can tell you loved to make it and you deserve it

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks to EA for funding and releasing many games I loved, during the 6th and 7th generations. Which includes games from Criterion Games, EA Canada, EA Tiburon, DICE, Slightly Mad Studios, EA Black Box, and more. Thanks to all those developers as well.

Thanks to Turn 10 Studios/Playground Games for making amazing racing games in an age where the racing genre is a few steps away from just dying.

Thank you Bethesda Game Studios, for making games like Skyrim and Fallout 4. And for something less appreciated, bringing mods to console. Even if the experience is limited, I've still had a lot of experiencing something that it normally only available on PC.

Thanks Nintendo for making amazing pieces of hardware and games in general throughout the years.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you devs for deciding to continue on in the industry every time you have to read an Era post that begins with "I absolutely DO NOT condone dev harassment/death threats/review bombing BUT...."

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you Capcom for the absolutely incredible bundle of joy that is Monster Hunter World, Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 Remake. God damn Capcom has been on fire.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, perfect chance to say something I've been meaning to but keep forgetting to before I forget again: Thank you, Toys For Bob, for adding subtitles to Spyro Reignited Trilogy and making good games even better.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Thanks Facebook, Sony, and Valve for high-end VR alongside all the devs of the games made for it.

Thanks Nintendo for continuing Fire Emblem(and the fans for saving it) alongside Kaga for creating Fire Emblem and putting out Vestaria Saga(and Dangan Entertainment for localizing it).

Thanks XSeed(and now NISA) for the work put into localizing The Legend of Heroes(Trails Saga) over in the West.

Last edited:

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Thank you Microsoft for the Adaptive controller, Game Pass, Xbox one X and the many inspiring/enthusiastic people working at Xbox Game Studios.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you indies for rejuvenating gaming in a way the big pubs never could...some of the most unique and rewarding experiences in gaming are to be had from them. On that note thank you Microsoft for signal boosting indies in a big way through Game Pass, giving lots of folks that would otherwise never see these gems a chance to experience them.

Thank you Sony for your amazing commitment to nurturing your first party studios and allowing for all kinds of experimentation (Dreams). Thanks again for bringing what was thought to be vaporware for a long while (The Last Guardian) finally to players, and the end result was fantastic.

Thanks Nintendo for creating a platform that has given indies more success than they could have dreamed of on other platforms. Thanks for continuing to never waver from your "fun and gameplay first" principles in gameplay design.

Thank you Valve, Sony, and the Oculus VR hardware teams that have helped make possible this current gen of consumer VR. It's already amazing and has so much more potential. And yes thank you Nintendo for entering the VR space and experimenting with it...hopefully we see a full fledged headset from them soon :)

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Thank you Rockstar for delivering this to us

Grand-Theft-Auto-III-Boxart-Rockstar-902x507.jpg

and unleashing a series that became a cultural phenomenon, a literal EVENT with every new iteration releases rivaled by no other series, putting Rockstar among the Gods of the industry

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
You know, there's too many studios to thank individually for me that I think I'll just do a general one.

Thank you developers of video games!

Thank you for letting me explore strange worlds, fly ships beyond the stars, face down horrible monsters, match colored objects together, race cars, planes, spaceships or anything else that can go fast, and so much more.

Thank you for letting me be a hero, a villain, a cyborg, a soldier, a princess, a brilliant tactician, a pirate, and so many, many more roles where I get to experience things from a perspective I'd never see otherwise.

Thank you everyone who makes games I like. And thank you everyone who makes games I don't. Even if your game is not for me, I appreciate that it exists and makes other people happy.

And an apology. I know a lot of you make games that I would have loved if I tried them, but there's only so many hours in a day. So I am sorry if I chose to ignore your game for a silly reason.

Fid

Jun 5, 2018
Detroit
thank u,
devs
thank u,
devs
thank u,
devs

i'm so
fuckin'
thankful
for my
X-box. And all of the people who had a hand in creating/populating Gamepass. It's been great for my backlog and game-spending.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Thanks 343 for sticking and doing your best for Halo. You have gone through the roughest patch but with Infinite and continued support for MCC I really see you breaking into your golden years.

Thanks Rare for being such a hotspot for imagination. People have wanted you to fail since you were acquired by Microsoft but since then you have delivered on great games! Hell Viva Pinata had a damn TV SHOW!!!
Your work on Sea of Thieves is inspiring and I cant wait to see what you bring after Sea of Thieves Year Two.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you devs for putting up with the BS of capital G gamers and deciding to do something about it instead of doubling down and pretending like there isn't an issue with sexism and racism in the gaming community.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Thank you machine games and tango for your games. Hope to see you back soon and with better sales. I hope you guys know what your games mean to a millions of gamers.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
A big THANK YOU to all the devs in the world!

Thank you for making possible one of the best hobbies there is: escaping to amazing worlds and having fun in them.

Since reading Jason Schreiers book, and all the news about crunching and hardwork devs go through, I've realized that those guys don't get enough recognition and positive attitudes.

So again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you hard working developers with skills that I can't even comprehend. With a strong will and long working hours you end up bringing a smile not only to my face, but to my adorable (soon to be) 5 year old daughter.

Thank you :)

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
User Warned - Off Topic Driveby
Thank you.

Now fuck what ever vision you had for your game and give me my easy mode.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
Thank you for all the crap you put up with including job insecurity and crunch to bring us enjoyable experiences.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
First of all, thank you Sid Meier for everything you have done.

Next, thanks to all the dedicated, hardworking and tireless coders, artists, writers, sound engineers, composers and support personnel of the industry.
You have more than earned our respect.
I hope to each and everyone of you health, happiness and prosperity.

May the CEOs and big heads of your companies pay you well, treat you fair and do not risk your future with idiotic decisions.
May you never be employed by dicks.

Wajna

Nov 17, 2017
Thank you people at Valve who made PC gaming so so so great. Before 2008 I used to pirate games....

Thank you From Software for making awesome games that gives me this accomplishment feeling after every boss fight.

Thank you people with Kojima who made Metal Gear Solid. Looking forward Death Stranding!

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thank you for the best platformer of the generation, Team ASOBI at Sony Japan.

Thank you Media Molecule for all the hard work you've put into possibly the most ambitious game in years with Dreams.

Thank you Fromsoft for allowing me to enjoy yet another masterpiece during a rough last couple of weeks for me.

Thank you Capcom for being on an incredible hot streak. I've loved nearly every single one of your titles, especially Monster Hunter: World and Devil May Cry 5.

Thank you Epic for all the free games.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
User Banned (5 Days): System Warring and Inflammatory Generalizations; Accumulated Infractions
Someone thank Sony for not allowing crossplay with degens.

Mod Edit: Reverted to Previous Post

Last edited by a moderator:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Thank you Miyazaki for your uncompromising design vision and not putting easy mode in your games.(Yea,I read that thread...it was very interesting).
Thank you Sony Worldwide Studios for putting single player games front and center.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Nintendo for releasing the best console ever.

And thank you to the many Indie Devs that bring us so many fresh experiences. Love you all.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Videogames have been a huge/positive influence on my life and it wouldn't be possible without amazing developers. It's a hard job but so many games come out great, getting better every year. Thank you <3

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you devs that continue to make good value finished games. A ton of people can only afford to buy games infrequently and when you make one that is actually worth the money and more, it is an incredible gift.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to all devs, who sacrifice their personal life and their health in difficult working consditions and who endure crunch periods so we can all enjoy our games.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Just kidding, lol

Thank you, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Guerrilla for making the most beautiful; entertaining; and engrossing experiences in games today. All without resorting to annoying levels of piecemeal content retention behind paywalls. I feel I get my money's worth from these developers than most others.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Big Ups to Nintendo for Switch season. One of their best consoles yet.

Big Ups to MS for BC and PC Support

Big Ups to Sony for awesome 1st Party content

Big Ups to Japanese Dev who keep Stylish Action alive and continue to avidly support PC

Big Ups to all the Indie Dev who go through hell for the love of the craft and continue to support arcade style and fun new games

Big Ups to all the those creating new avenues of gaming and being able to help devs reach new audiences

Gaming has never been better, but it an always be better!

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Big Ups to Nintendo for Switch season. One of their best consoles yet.

Big Ups to MS for BC and PC Support

Big Ups to Sony for awesome 1st Party content

Big Ups to Japanese Dev who keep Stylish Action alive and continue to avidly support PC

Big Ups to all the Indie Dev who go through hell for the love of the craft and continue to support arcade style and fun new games

Big Ups to all the those creating new avenues of gaming and being able to help devs reach new audiences

Gaming has never been better, but it an always be better!
I hit the like button.