• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days) - Continued history of Platform Warring
Thank you Sony devs for creating remarkable story driven single player campaigns with equally great combat systems unlike other ubisoft devs who couldnt give two shits about good combat systems.

Thank you Bungie for creating games that arent riddled with bugs at launch aka anthem.

thank you bioware for having the common sense to include random rolls in end game gear so every drop is exciting unlike bungie who after 5 and a half years have remained clueless about how to keep loot interesting.

thank you microsoft first party developers for reminding me that why i love sony.

thank you nintendo first party developers for making games era wants to play.

thank you capcom devs for creating a wonderful engine with some incredible visuals, animations, character designs, combat and all at 60 fps without trying to cash in on the fucking GaaS train like Respawn.

thank you respawn for titanfall 2.

thank you dice for BF1. fuck you dice for ruining BF1.

thank you insomniac for sunset, ratchet and spiderman. 3 of my favorite games this gen.

Thank you Nintendo. You've change my life since I was six.
Special thanks to Miyamoto, Sakurai, Iwata, Tezuka, Aonuma, Kondo, Koizumi and Fujibayashi!

Thank you Retro Studios for pushing the boundaries everytime.

Thank you Valve and Gaben specially. You don't only make great games, but also bring the whole PC catalog to third world countries in the best possible way.

Thank you Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert. I love your games and your storytelling. You make me smiled when I was in a rough spot.

Thank you Blizzard. Diablo II, Warcraft II and Starcraft were some of the finest games I've ever played.

Thank you and sorry Westwood and Bullfrog. I miss you both.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Sony devs for creating remarkable story driven single player campaigns with equally great combat systems unlike other ubisoft devs who couldnt give two shits about good combat systems.

Thank you Bungie for creating games that arent riddled with bugs at launch aka anthem.

thank you bioware for having the common sense to include random rolls in end game gear so every drop is exciting unlike bungie who after 5 and a half years have remained clueless about how to keep loot interesting.

thank you microsoft first party developers for reminding me that why i love sony.

thank you capcom devs for creating a wonderful engine with some incredible visuals, animations, character designs, combat and all at 60 fps without trying to cash in on the fucking GaaS train like Respawn.

thank you insomniac for sunset, ratchet and spiderman. 3 of my favorite games this gen.
I love the shade.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to Team ICO and SIE for persevering for 8+ years and releasing one of my favorite games of all time.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you know, there are so many threads about complaining, about fighting and fussing.

Oh I am sorry what pushing for accessibility in gaming is complaining, about fighting and fussing.

Actually no, I am not sorry as gaming still has a long way in being accessible and with ablest gamers and developers being stupid with their gate keeping.

You have no idea what it's like wanting to play a game but can't because it lacks accessibility and when you dare push for it you get "gamers" getting all upset and touting nonsense like "Well not all games are for you."

I will give no thanks till accessibility options are the standard in every video game.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Just a general thank you to pretty much all developers, big or small, for doing what you do through (almost certainly) getting paid less than you're worth compared to similar fields all while taking infinitely more shit, all because you have a passion for the art form.

I would have more specific thanks, but for some it sounds like I'm putting down other studios which is the antithesis of this thread, or I don't quite have the words to thank them properly.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Activision for doing the recent Spyro and Crash Remaster Trilogies to bring their series back from the grave, give them a new audience, and potentially make new games with the knowledge of the older titles.

Thank you SEGA for not stopping making Sonic games, even when the games are not recieved well. Use them to improve and give us the quality we are searching for and know the franchise is capable of.

Thank you Nintendo for making games that are amazing and of high quality with no microtransactions and reasonably priced with DLC NOT on the disc added to increase the game time also reasonably priced.

Thank you Valve/Steam for making PC gaming accessable and fun, using various controllers and options to help make the experience painless and easy.

Thank you Normura and SE for giving us Kingdom Hearts, a Disney/Square crossover that seemed like a fan's fever dream made reality, and making it a really fun ARPG to boot. KH3 was great and I can't wait for the next game.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to thank Sega for bringing over the Yakuza series not only do the US, but to PC in the US. I remember when there was a time where this was simply unheard of. Very quirky jp games would rarely come to the US and you'd have to buy the Asia version to get translations. Or wait for hacks. Even moreso, PC would rarely get console games like this ported over. Then, even if it was ported to PC, it would be an absolute mess not worth playing.

But here we are in 2019 and we almost have the entire series on PC. And the ports are rock solid.

I also want to thank Sega again for allowing my baby, SoR4 to even exist. It's been so many years since the last game -- I'm just hyped for whatever it becomes when it releases. I still can't believe it...

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
I'm want to deeply thank Eidos and Square for making Shadow of the Tomb Raider set on PerĂş and representing beautifully incan culture. Also for that mixture of incan and Mayan civilization.

As a Peruvian that is highly important. Thank you very much.

Glad to see this thread, developers deserve more praise for their work, even if the final product fail in several aspects.

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. I would like to thank the developers constantly working and innovating in the VR space. It's the most exciting place to be right now in gaming and it's all thanks to you for taking the risk on our ever growing community.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Thank you to all indie and niche game developers: without your efforts I would have fallen off of gaming a good while back. Never lose sight of the fact that your output is a worthwhile and vital counterpoint to the usual AAA fare, and there will always be people out there who appreciate your creativity and effort, regardless of how sales go.

Thank you to all devs who love working on single player games - multiplayer is great and all, but a classic single player game is what I'll come back for long after the multiplayer servers are dead.

Edit: And finally, thank you to all devs, regardless of classification or affiliation. You're all contributing to this industry in some way, and helping to keep our hobby alive.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks to all the devs in this forum that don't give up on games even after reading so many complaints and negativity.

Never! :D

Thanks to all the young, bright-eyed devs for your optimism. You still have a few years left before you give up hope!

Hopeful hearts, chasing stars. :D +1 For that though, it's always inspiring to see fresh new minds enter the business with hope and enthusiasm, while the rest of us have been broken far beyond the point of no return.

Oct 30, 2017

I cant believe this got you banned lol. Your console warring in threads must have made an impression for this comment to be the one that finally pushed a mod over the edge and had enough. But at the same time, if your going to practice being thankful in a thread about thanking devs, its probably not the time or place.

Oh I am sorry what pushing for accessibility in gaming is complaining, about fighting and fussing.

Actually no, I am not sorry as gaming still has a long way in being accessible and with ablest gamers and developers being stupid with their gate keeping.

You have no idea what it's like wanting to play a game but can't because it lacks accessibility and when you dare push for it you get "gamers" getting all upset and touting nonsense like "Well not all games are for you."

I will give no thanks till accessibility options are the standard in every video game.

Asking for accessibility isn't complaining, and Its besides the point of the thread. Your allowed to fight for such things, but in general, the sentiment is there's a lot of complaining and negativity across the internet and Era when discussing games and the people that work on them. Its not calling you out for fighting for what you think is important. Its a thread that is taking a moment to step outside and just say thank you for all the hard work that goes into games.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

"How can i take this rare, positive thread on resetera and turn it into an opportunity to shit on devs and platform war?"

Do us a favor and don't bother coming back after your deserved ban.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Thank you Adeline Software International, you made the best game ever, the very best that humanity has to show if we ever meet a alien species, the only game that is above Final Fantasy VIII
<3

Last edited:

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep I'm thankful for all the great games that came out in my lifetime. A lot of hard work and passion are put into these games without recognition. I also really respect a lot of these smaller devs that go above and beyond to really perfect their games.

I have no complaints with any developers really. I can't remember the last time I've ever felt ripped off. To me it's easy to know what kind of game I'm getting before I spend my money nowadays. I've felt disappointed with some, but never had no beef with any devs.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
To all the tiny, independent dev teams, a big big thank you. You bring an innovation and life to this medium like no other.

Also, big thanks to XSeed for your amazing localisation work on Falcom games.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Thank you to the devs that just don't make games but make works of art. I won't name names as we all know who you are as your work speaks for its self. For all the time and passion you put into making these special games for all of us to enjoy and all the sacrifices you make along the way, you are the champions of the industry. Without you, gaming wouldn't be what it is today and has been for so many years.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking for accessibility isn't complaining, and Its besides the point of the thread. Your allowed to fight for such things, but in general, the sentiment is there's a lot of complaining and negativity across the internet and Era when discussing games and the people that work on them. Its not calling you out for fighting for what you think is important. Its a thread that is taking a moment to step outside and just say thank you for all the hard work that goes into games.

Then I still stand by my post, I will give no thanks till accessibility options are the standard in every video game. The gaming industry still has a long way to go in that department.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Dontnod and Deck Nine for having the audacity to create complex and relatable characters in the LiS series. Plus the more direct approach to some political issues... respect.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you Sony for investing in compelling single player games.

Thank you Nintendo for the same.

Thank you MS for not giving up and FH.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Dontnod and Deck Nine for having the audacity to create complex and relatable characters in the LiS series. Plus the more direct approach to some political issues... respect.
Thank you Dontnod and Deck Nine for creating a story driven game with believable, female, queer protagonists.
My sister and I played every episode together and had a wonderful time. It's our favourite game series since then, nothing else comes close.
We wish you all the best!

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thanks Takeuchi-san, Itsuno-san, Pete Fabiano and Matt Walker for the amazing resurgence of Capcom's Division 1.

Especially considering the relevance of Resident Evil to me.

I'm over the moon with the franchise since 7.

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
IOI implemented all the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2, and allowed owners of Hitman 1 to play them free in Hitman 2. And then they gave away the first level of Hitman 2, thereby allowing me to play all Hitman 1 levels in the Hitman 2 engine for free. That's pretty great.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I want to thank Capcom, Nintendo , Platinum and Square for making amazing games, also the Castlevania team (now working on Bloodstained) and Inti for making the best MegaMan games

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
This is a great idea for a thread. We need more positivity in the world.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so damn hard and made experiences I'll never forget. The Mass Effect trilogy, all the Souls games, Starcraft, freespace, the list goes on and on. I wish I had the creative ability to make something like that.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Can we all take a second to also thank QA people?

One of the most ungrateful jobs in the industry. You work your ass off, and yet, every single thing is blamed on you. Even when you reported the bugs, and are waived by devs/producers/etc, somehow is still your fault according to most people.

You all do an amazing job QA guys!

As a software engineer that has actually never had a QA department to test my work or my coworkers', and who profoundly hated having to systematically and repetitively test our developed software systems for weeks on end each release (extremely wasteful use of engineer hours, but that's small companies in Spain for you), if I ever had anyone actually doing this work for me I'd treat them like kings and queens. Thank you QA people for doing one of the most gruelling thankless yet crucially important jobs.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to thank Insomniac for adding the suit from the Sam Raimi trilogy to Spider-Man PS4. I feel bad for them after hearing people were harassing them for it, but I very much wished it would happen and was silently holding out for it.

And also I appreciate Guerilla Games trying something totally different with Horizon.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Can we all take a second to also thank QA people?

One of the most ungrateful jobs in the industry. You work your ass off, and yet, every single thing is blamed on you. Even when you reported the bugs, and are waived by devs/producers/etc, somehow is still your fault according to most people.

You all do an amazing job QA guys!
QA is really underappreciated. I did QA for too many years and it's rough. The work is hard and tedious, not to mention the long hours, especially in the run up to release. You're the lowest paid contractor at the publisher/studio but it's on your head if the game doesn't pass certification. And nothing is worse than testing demos; you're stuck replaying a 15 minute chunk of gameplay for days at a time, making sure the damn thing is spotless because it's going to people's first impression of the game.

It always gets under my skin when I see there is news of some (usually non-fatal) bug with a game and a bunch of people post along the lines of "Did QA even do their jobs???". QA has been squashing bugs in the project for years and had relatively few days to put the release candidate through its paces before millions of consumers then hit it with untold numbers of systems and configurations. Fuck yes QA does their jobs!

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'd like to thank Crate Entertainment, for making Grim Dawn, probably the best aRPG I've ever played. The way they keep improving the game and releasing great and fairly prices expansions is also very recommendable.

I also want to thank the devs who are releasing their games without drm. It's one of the most pro-consumer things you can do imo.

Last but not least I want to thank all developers who don't make exclusivity deals with Epic. I'll be sure to reward as many as possible of you by buying your games.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Fromsoftware and thank you Miyazaki for trying new experiences, with VR and now Sekiro.

People just want you to be the Souls factory but you understand that won't be fulfilling for you and keep pushing to learn something new, even when it would be so easy to just repeat the same games over and over with minimal effort.

Thank you to every single of the developer out there. Keep bringing joy to people. Despite what you have to endure day after day on social media, forums, while doing your work, you keep going, many times even risking your mental health because of stress.

Thank you OP for creating this thread.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
OP didn't talk about a specific issue; and pushing for accessibility is complaining because, you know, you complain that games don't have such options. Which is totally legit to complain about, by the way. Hence, threads about such issues. But this isn't one of them. Maybe this thread isn't for you if you can't think of other reasons to thank devs.

I thank them for making games that are fun to play and yet fun to watch, for making them cinematic experiences. It's the only hobby that haven't shifted in priority and/or time consumption over the last 25 years for me, while other hobbies definitely have their up and downs in regards of time spending on it.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Thank you FromSoftware for making Demon's Souls and all the successors that followed. Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Déraciné, Sekiro... Thank you for being unique. Continue with the games YOU want to make.
Thank you Insomniac for Spyro, Resistance and Spider-Man.
Thank you Guerilla Games for Horizon Zero Dawn.
Thank you Deck Nine and Dontnod for Life is Strange.
Thank you Naughty Dog for Uncharted and The Last of Us.
Thank you Sony Santa Monica for God of War.
Thank you Square-Enix for Nier and Nier Automata.
Thank you Capcom for being awesome again! Resident Evil 7 and 2 remake, DMC5, Monster Hunter World... you're on a roll.
Thank you BioWare for some great games. I still like Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I hope you find yourself again soon. I hope things improve...

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you Ninja Theory, Team Ninja, Platinum and Suckerpunch for being so completely badass. Never hold back the punches!

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Yea,and pretty telling how few posts it has since friday,lol.People here are so negative.
New game launches and has a few frame rate drops.....2000 post thread.
Say something nice about game devs.....nah.

Yes, but just a few people is enough, don't need the entire internet (or resetera) :)
I have seen devs on twitter and facebook going through rough times, and just a few friends popping up telling them they are there if they need them is just wonderful.
I try to do it as well as much as possible whenever I know someone who's game tanked or is getting bad reviews.
I also teach some classes in a videogame course and the hardest part is always to prepare everyone for the worst with their first project, but also encouraging them to continue.

ANY positive thoughts is always appreciated and a boost.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Thank you for Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Half-Life, F.E.A.R., Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, God of War, Nier, MGS, DMC and Monster Hunter.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Yes, but just a few people is enough, don't need the entire internet (or resetera) :)
I have seen devs on twitter and facebook going through rough times, and just a few friends popping up telling them they are there if they need them is just wonderful.
I try to do it as well as much as possible whenever I know someone who's game tanked or is getting bad reviews.
I also teach some classes in a videogame course and the hardest part is always to prepare everyone for the worst with their first project, but also encouraging them to continue.

That's good then.Just a shame everything has to always sway towards the negative.....I'm 45 and have been gaming a long time.Games today are amazing and the talent behind them is incredible....people are way to over zealous to shit on devs for the most miniscule reasons....I guess that's just how the internet works,lol.

OP
OP
blackmass

blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany

I was kind of curious how this thread will turn out. Even a bit scared. But I'm quite happy with the results. Three pages full of thank you posts. More than I expected.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to the people who are thanking QA. We love you <3

Thank you Nintendo for creating Breath of the Wild, which became my favorite game of all time and helped me through a pretty terrible phase in my life.