• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone involved with the main GAF/ResetEra discord, especially when they had to deal with people from various other places joining on Friday night just to wreak havoc whilst simultaneously making the arrangements needed to make this place possible.

Oct 25, 2017
My warmest thank you to everyone involved in this whole resettling process. I really can't fathom how much manpower it must have required and the fact that so far it's been a manageable ordeal despite all the organisation required to handle all these disparate Discord communities. I sincerely hope that everyone's efforts in such a relatively short space of time to make this website and the launch possible are duly recognised by gaming outlets.

Here's to a fun and prosperous ERA. o7

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Shout out to mods over at SonyERA and FakeEra for keeping everyone in the discords up to date and organized. Was a smooth transition.

I gotta admit, I woke up to see the MASS EXODUS of people to our once quiet FakeGAF channel and it was overwhelming, but I'm glad that we were able to be a soft spot for you guys to land in the chaos and to help people find their community Discords. Myself and the rest of the mods (CrudeDiatribe, Meerkat, FUME5, Fiction, love you) there were happy to do it for you guys. Sorry if I kinda panicked :P

Thank you to SweetNicole, Dopus, Morrigan, and the rest of the forum staff for allowing me to be a community representative and to make this place a little more welcoming. All the credit goes to you guys, really, for organizing such a massive project in such a short amount of time.

Glad to be here (◠‿◠✿)

Oct 25, 2017
Big thanks to the people who set up the SL&ENT group. I had no idea what discord was until a couple of days ago and they walked my tech resistant ass through the process with incredible patience.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap I finally made it in... verizon emails apparently don't work. FYI.

Thanks to JershJopstin and Knuckle Sandwich!

CMDBob

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield
Gotta give props to my guys and gals in the main discord. We had some good times. Good times indeed. (and we'll continue to have those good times. I'll still haunt the Discord like a bad smell in the day, lol.)

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Massive props to everyone who stepped up and tried to help wrangle/organize communities into the various Discords while everyone was jumping off the sinking ship. It was chaos for a minute but we managed to weather the storm.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
A huge thank you to the main discord server which kept me going through the last few days. Y'all are great people, and to the admins, you guys are badass glad to finally be in.

Also finally after 9 years got the username I wanted. Was deathy1000 in the discord.

#EGGPLANTARMY

OP
OP

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also steam discord was 3x bigger than second biggest discord, so yea me and few others cried :D

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Thanks to all the folks who helped make this happen, from admins/mods to people running all the Discords. This has been a helluva endeavor, and I'm happy to have been a part of it.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Discord in between this switch has been great.
Really impressive in how it all came together.

Ronik

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we're keeping the SteamERA discord, it's been fun! Thanks to everyone who was a part of the transition.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really big thank you from my end aswell. Didnt know what was going on and stubled on the waypoint forum on sunday where the discord mods started reaching out to everyone stranded.

Also ty for the community discords that helped a lot with ensuring that people arent being left behind.

Was sad but beautiful to see.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
God damn Discord amirite? Nah it was cool seeing so many folks new to the service showing up over the past few days. And to go from there to here today is kinda incredible.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Shout out to Mafia discord, I somehow ended up in there even though I haven't played and they helped me into the new Era which I'm very grateful for.

To make it up to us you could pay some games with us.

Thanks to everyone on the discord channels. RWBYera which got me in, SteamERA for the great chat, and MafiaERA for the great friends there.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Thanks to Queen of Hearts and Dusk Gollem personally. I got in faster than I expected (and here I was worried because of the time differences making it hard to grab a code...)
Anyway, see you guys around these parts!

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The Discord was/is a lot of fun. Thanks to you guys for keeping me sane during work.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You guys did great, Queen of Hunting, Hector, Dusk and ColdSun! Looking forward to reading more from you all on Reset

Risotto 5 will never be forgotten. And Arkonis should totally get Feetpants as his tag. If tags are ever a thing here.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thank you very much to SteamERA for its generous and inclusive acceptance of all former members (registered before the debacle).

Contrary to other's experiences, great announcement on OT thread and the channel managers' dedication in getting all active users verified allowed me - rather unremarkable lurker formerly unassociated with any of the communities - to become Resettler. I'm really appreciative.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Thanks to FilmERA for help in the transition including Flow and all the others and Kevin for the (at my last minute request) invite. ^^' I was actually not really much a community person a part from the old Movies threads so I decided why not and shuffled in. And now look.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already over 4,400 members. I can' think of a single other mass movement of a community that was handled as well and smoothly as this was. Respect to EVERYONE involved. This is really something special that this was pulled off

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It was pretty wild being in lashman's channel and taking in like 50 refugees on day 1 of the collapse alone. It was nice getting to meet so many new people (and many familiar faces from my gaf days) who were understandably shook by what had happened, given how fast it went down.
We can rock out here from now on. Some of the connections made can be lifelong. Look forward to the long run here. Make it last brother

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, thank you to all those involved with getting this organized and off the ground!

From the Discord people to the site people, it's great to be back around everyone!

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Toma and everyone else who helped set it up, and thanks to the other users who will make it worth the stay!

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
just wanna thank all the community discords, me personally i was on the steam one orgnaizing things with coldsun dusk, hektor,toma,akronis aswell (:

us mods put in work, but i wanna thank all everyone accross all the discords for sticking with us all and just looking at video game section along is a lovely sight to see

I was Ark Group 5.

Thank you to all the SteamERA mods for moving the whale with such grace.

I think we all owe a special thanks to our friends at SL&ENT, which did everything they could to help the transition.

This truly needs to be seconded. Slaent took in probably 1000 GAFugees without blinking or complaining.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
just wanna thank all the community discords, me personally i was on the steam one orgnaizing things with coldsun dusk, hektor,toma,akronis aswell (:

us mods put in work, but i wanna thank all everyone accross all the discords for sticking with us all and just looking at video game section along is a lovely sight to see

Everyone put in a lot of work to deal with the madness. Thanks for having handling the chaos

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I helped get Movie gaf-FilmEra all set up. you guys are awesome and amazing. glad to have you in the Discord.

my people will get this reference
images
Thanks man.