• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to give a shoutout to ebay_huckster (Pardon me if I got it wrong) who was on GAF. He carried PoliGAF as best he could under the circumstances. Thank you!

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
What a labor of love both on discord and here by all involved in building the site. I enjoyed using the discord and eggplanting along with y'all. Great moderation

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge thanks to yami4ct and zebetite for getting me an invite to the FFXIV Discord, to Red for getting us all in here, and to everyone in the FFXIV Discord for sticking together through all this. ilu all

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm immensely grateful for the efforts of all of those involved in ferrying us over. It was a monumental task and I still can't believe it went as smoothly as it did.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cant thank JohnOfMars from the DestinyAreFun discord enough. Would not be here and wouldn't have known about this place if it hadn't been for him and everyone else in the discord. Thank you so much. ❤️

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Discord is some next level IRC 2.0 shit, man.

How far we have come since the stone ages.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^_^/ thank the other guys in that regard more than me haha

Yo, don't sell yourself short. You were incredibly helpful throughout the entire moving process, I don't know how we would've done without you.

Huge shoutouts to Pasokon Deacon, Se7enSword, and another member (who probably doesn't want to be named) for helping moderate, vet, invite, and more. Also, huge thanks to Astrael for watching the old thread, updating our backlog of members to invite, and PMing the Discord.

And most of all, thanks to FalcomERA itself. You guys are awesome, and I'm glad I had the chance to help keep this community together.

Y'all even asked for a lewd channel and then proceeded to post very non-lewd things in there.

Last edited:

krealian

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to thank everyone involved. It must have been a lot of work to set this up. I'd also like to thank JohnOfMars who coordinated registrations in the Destiny discord group.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to Morrigan and the SoulsEra discord!

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to JohnOfMars and all the other mods in the Destiny chat for organizing everything in there. RIP his imbox.

Honestly watching all the Post-Gaf Discord's come together was a thing of beauty to watch and be apart of. I honestly can't think of a better community to be included in. Cheers mates

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'd like to give a shoutout to ebay_huckster (Pardon me if I got it wrong) who was on GAF. He carried PoliGAF as best he could under the circumstances. Thank you!
honestly the real impressive part of that is we somehow ferried that much of Poli___ out without fucking with my social life for the past 5 days

but I couldn't have done it without the Discord channel's mods

XevTanuki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah RobotBrush Discord got me to ResetEra Discord which got me to SteamERA which made sure I secured my account here. All 3 were super helpful and entertaining for the move!

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
honestly the real impressive part of that is we somehow ferried that much of Poli___ out without fucking with my social life for the past 5 days

but I couldn't have done it without the Discord channel's mods
Haha. Congratulations! You and the other mods helped build this site, so thanks again. Now I can go back to what really matters: ConfessionERA 2017. (Lol)

Dunnymeister

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
I owe a massive thanks to JonJonAug and Dandy Crocodile for helping me find my way here. I think I said more in my two days on VNEra discord than the entirety of the old thread.

Gonna try to be more active from now on!

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
The discord was a good time. I enjoyed spamming emojis and discussing how disgusting pineapple on pizza is with the rest of y'all
sWUFURl.gif

But seriously now, the admins and mods did an outstanding job.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of discord, is there going to be a general Era discord? Are the old ones open to new users?

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the SL&ENT_GAF discord channel, and a special shoutout to skittzo0413, Knuckle Sandwich and JershJopstin for working day and night to bring us all over!

Hawk

Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to Slaent discord. It was an interesting couple days, just kinda holed up in there., waiting for more info to become apparent. It's nothing I want to do again, but it was a neat change of scenery.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to Edge and souppboy over on FortniteERA. It was the only community I'd joined, and it was nice and chill during the storm.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
For anyone curios, but if the life or death poll i started on SteamERA would've been real, it would've been Group 1, 4 and 6 that would've died. Group 4, you disappoint me personally.

U4qvMEr.png

mzwnTsm.png

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, thanks to everyone at Dragon Ball Era for facilitating the transition for our group. Can't have been easy.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Big thanks to Lashman for setting me up with the Discord invite on Twitter when the chaos was just starting. And big thanks to Caz at CanadianPoliREF for getting those invites out.

Amazing effort by the community to stay together.

Also awesome by members at the GiantBomb/Waypoint forums who have hosted (and will continue to do so in the near future) disillusioned Gaf posters who need a place to go, or want to still stay connected during this transitional period.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was never able to get into any of the main discord channels and was relying solely on second hand info, this whole forum was starting to feel like a hoax designed to get my hopes up. lol.

But I eventually got into SL&ENT's discord to hang out with those beautiful, beautiful people.
Thanks to the SL&ENT_GAF discord channel, and a special shoutout to skittzo0413, Knuckle Sandwich and JershJopstin for working day and night to bring us all over!
Kings.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to mods at Steam discord for doing a great job at that wild west, our resident archaeopteryx, feetpants, and group 2 for cracking to code and making a way in.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Flow is that dude. Gave me the Power of the Mods, too. A dangerous mistake on his part, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

My fellow mods on FilmEra discord were p chill, too.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It was fun managing everyone on the SteamERA Discord, and has made me feel a lot closer to the community. I passed out and have been resting since the last few days, but I'm happy things have gone smoothly for so many and despite such a large group in that particular Discord it was surprisingly well mannered and fun, so I thank you all for being great... And I don't mean that in a "I'm-phoning-this-in" type of way, I actually legitimately mean it. I feel very close with the community right now.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get an invite to the discord, but I'm extremely grateful you guys were able to put this slick forum together in no time.
It's weird. After Gaf's demise I felt like I lost my home online, although I was mostly lurking.
With the launch of this new forum, I'm going to change this.
Thank you!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big shout out to Flow, Wandering, Krisp, KSweeley, Ryo & SchrodingerC, you guys made it possible I could be here. Class acts.