• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Thought it was about time for some positivity. Didn't see a thread when I searched.

EI8H_jPWoAAkJfS

People are posting their positive thoughts about GameFreak.

A few examples:

Made me think of how my life literally would not be the same, if not for the pokemon games. So many friends I got to know through Twitter, let's plays I have watched. Such a great time.

This is the tweet that started it:

It's now n°1 trending in the USA.

Although don't dig too much through the tweets if you don't want to be spoiled Pokémon SwSh.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Special credit to MysticUmbreon to getting the trend going by the way. Not all PokeYoutubers are total clickbaity trash believe it or not.

To repeat myself, whilst I go have grievances with some of their more recent decisions ($50 Mew, why) and it's going to be interesting to see how some react fully to what Sword and Shield has and doesn't have (Let's keep this thread spoiler free, ok?) they aren't going to take away fun memories from their past games like Platinum, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Black and White 2. And I got to respect them for that at least.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the tweet that started it:

It's now n°1 trending in the USA.

Although don't dig too much through the tweets if you don't want to be spoiled Pokémon SwSh.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is sorely needed.

And for my own contribution...

#ThankYouGameFreak.
You made a 6th Grade bus trip from Oklahoma to Washington DC bearable for every kid that year with a copy of Pokemon Red & Blue.

My Squirtle and I had many adventures together over the next several decades.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I swear someone made a thread with that tagline here first unless it was the same person .

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Special credit to MysticUmbreon to getting the trend going by the way. Not all PokeYoutubers are total clickbaity trash believe it or not.

To repeat myself, whilst I go have grievances with some of their more recent decisions ($50 Mew, why) and it's going to be interesting to see how some react fully to what Sword and Shield has and doesn't have (Let's keep this thread spoiler free, ok?) they aren't going to take away fun memories from their past games like Platinum, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Black and White 2. And I got to respect them for that at least.
Is MysticUmbreon legit? I don't follow PokeYTers because I think they are all trash but I never heard of him.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking awesome. I have certain issues with some of the games but I'm beyond thrilled to see this trending so. They do not deserve the hate they get, especially as of late.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dislike for Sword and Shield will never take away from the fact that pokemon was a huge defining part of my childhood and I will always appreciate them for it.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They could be satisfied with beeing GameFans or GameEnthusiasts but they went all-in and became GameFreaks

OP
OP
TheBiInBilingual

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Is MysticUmbreon legit? I don't follow PokeYTers because I think they are all trash but I never heard of him.
Mystic is great. A few other clean ones are TrueGreen7, ShadyPenguinn (although he does play other games, Pokémon is what he's known most for) and TheJWittz

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i pay very little attention to the Pokemon games after loving the first 3 generations, but if the community of people keeping up with the games have complaints i dont know that going the opposite way and saying "thanks for being good while you were good" is "much needed positivity"

like its not people who never played the games/have zero attachment to the games that are now upset.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Pokemon is one of the few franchises that make me feel somewhat nostalgic and the Pokemon games are always fun. Thank you, Game Freak.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A damn shame the fanbase was so shit that it had to come to this... But regardless #thankyouGamefreak for all the memories and good times cant wait for Sword and Shield to come out. So i can play and avoid all this depressing negativity with some old fashion gaming. TY again

i pay very little attention to the Pokemon games after loving the first 3 generations, but if the community of people keeping up with the games have complaints i dont know that going the opposite way and saying "thanks for being good while you were good" is "much needed positivity"

like its not people who never played the games/have zero attachment to the games that are now upset.

not even 1 fucking page... my god

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but if the community of people keeping up with the game have complaints

The thing is that it's a very minor part of the community that complains in such a violent way, but they're so loud they make it seem like it's the fanbase at large. Which is not the case, and hence why such a hashtag is great as a reminder.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The thing is that it's a very minor part of the community that complains in such a violent way, but they're so loud they make it seem like it's the fanbase at large. Which is not the case, and hence why such a hashtag is great as a reminder.

Ah okay. I only see pokemon threads in passing on this forum but in general theres always a vocal minority about things like this online. I have no idea how its looking on other social media platforms/on a larger scale

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
As much as I appreciate Pokemon as the centerpiece of my childhood, I'm not in the mood to thank Gamefreak after they cut my favorite Pokemon.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
This is lovely to see but honestly I don't care about cut Pokémon but I can see both sides of the argument

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
This is great! I been playing Pokemon since I was 5 and basically grew up along side Pokemon. I remember always refreshing Serebii 's site and his discovery thread when we didn't have a WW release.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Pokemon Red was the first game I ever beat. That game holds a special place in my heart.

#ThankYouGameFreak

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
thank you OP for the positive and non ranting thread :D

i would like to thank Gamefreak for the past 20years but i am not sure about the future

I am gonna wait and see how is PokeHome , and remakes incoming 2020

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
They definitely had a huge impact on my childhood and changed the way I look on videogames forever, I'm not sure if I would have discovered my love of rpgs without Pokemon as the gateway.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's a lot of top 10 lists and top 5 lists, but he does do a good variety mix on them. Mixture of Anime and Main Game stuff, even diving into the competitive scene as well. He does a fun mix of Competitive Teams with a fixed theme (Like nothing but Grass Type Pokemon, nothing but Fossil Pokemon, nothing but sinnoh mons) and even some hypothetical worst possible teams to try and beat a region with.along with good movesets for those weak pokemon in order to do so) And some personal own opinions and life tales on the game and anime itself. It's worth a check out.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Looking at a lot of the tweets and I'm surprised that no one has tried to be sarcastic with the hashtag to complain further.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
At first I thought it was going to be an ironic thank you, but no, positivity around Pokemon ! How Nice and unusual !
I'm not playing Pokemon myself but I'm amazed that even after so many years, the franchise is still strong on new generations. My kids love Pokemon, eventhough they never play the games.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harassement, death threats and requests to be fired aren't "mild criticism".

It's sad that a topic around praising a dev is turning sour on the first page. This is why we can't have nice things.

Devs get so much **** flung their way all the time by entitled fans and then their careers are chucked aside by management because there's no union.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Harassement, death threats and requests to be fired aren't "mild criticism".

So we're doing the usual strategy of "Some freaks took it too far online so your criticism is now invalid"? Also, all I ever heard was the some Japanese event was cancelled, where is this evidence that it was cancelled because of death threats?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought it was going to be an ironic thank you, but no, positivity around Pokemon ! How Nice and unusual !
I'm not playing Pokemon myself but I'm amazed that even after so many years, the franchise is still strong on new generations. My kids love Pokemon, eventhough they never play the games.

Let's be fair. If people weren't positive on pokemon, it would in no way be the multimillion juggernaut IP it is.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we're doing the usual strategy of "Some freaks took it too far online so your criticism is now invalid"? Also, all I ever heard was the some Japanese event was cancelled, where is this evidence that it was cancelled because of death threats?

What are you talking about? You're so confused about a situation you don't understand in the slightest. This hashtag was made in reaction of the severe harassment the employees of GF were victim of, not to people constructively criticizing the game. You don't have to go further than twitter or 4chan to find those. Clearly you should try to think a bit before throwing out premade sentences that way.

Not even a thread made for positive reactions can be spared of ignorant and dismissive bullshit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.