• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite the many issues I have with what's going on with the series right now (and tbh what's been going on since X and Y), I still really love Pokemon, and that's because this team put a lot of love into those games. Pokemon Ruby was one of the first games I ever owned, and I'll never forget trading and battling with my friends, getting my Swampert up to level 100, and record mixing without really knowing what it did then being shocked to discover my friend's secret bases!

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
What are you talking about? You're so confused about a situation you don't understand in the slightest. This hashtag was made in reaction of the severe harassment the employees of GF were victim of, not to people constructively criticizing the game. You don't have to go further than twitter or 4chan to find those. Clearly you should try to think a bit before throwing out premade sentences that way.

I'm aware of the current situation, I know that there was a comment on the Waypoint Podcast about Game Freak's morale, then I know about the cancelled event in Japan, but what I don't know about are these death threats. All I ever saw were people relating the event to the KyoAni fire and jumping to conclusions. Now what I see are people who were calling the fandom "toxic" before any of this using it as a "told you so" moment.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
About time for some freaking positivity about these games the gaming community can be so evil at times

Oct 26, 2017

Game Freak is gonna be alright yall. In about 6 days I'm sure they'll be able to forget all this Dexit stuff ever existed.

While true, the problem is this controversy has stayed for months now. Since June. I don't think people are going to ignore this by the release date. In fact, I feel like this will only pour more gas into the already burning flame.

Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? You're so confused about a situation you don't understand in the slightest. This hashtag was made in reaction of the severe harassment the employees of GF were victim of, not to people constructively criticizing the game. You don't have to go further than twitter or 4chan to find those. Clearly you should try to think a bit before throwing out premade sentences that way.

Not even a thread made for positive reactions can be spared of ignorant and dismissive bullshit like that.
harassment of executives or high level staff (which is still shitty to do) != harassment of the feet-on-the-ground coders and people who are forced into crunch. People like masuda and Turner are likely not forced into crunch the way the general employees are.

they are also more likely to get a bigger paycheck based on how the game does.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
lol Compared to the heat almost every other gaming company gets this is the most mild criticism i have seen.
I think Game Freak will be fine at the end of the day.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamefreak who has rested on its laurels for generations making minor improvements that most companies like EA would get raked over the coals for, finally gets some valid criticism and people jump to their defence. Hilarious keep it up.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
#ThankYouGameFreak

Picking up both Sword and Shield next week because I don't want you guys to die.
Gonna break this out from the old Pokemon arguments thread:
"There is not a universe, timeline or alternate reality in which a mainline Pokemon will sell poorly."

Don't worry man. If anything, people should be putting even more faith in that absolute these days.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not bending over to soothe the spirits of some billion-dollar company and this shameless corporate bootlicking is definitely not the wave.

I'm not complaining because I never intended on buying the games and I wasn't going to play Gen 8 dex OU either, but the complaints have merit.

And of course, death threats and harassment never have merit.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I love game freak for what they've done for me and the industry in general but that doesn't dismiss the issues people are having with what's been going on for the past few years till now. I'm In total agreement that some people have gone to far but the same way we criticize the EAs and the Activisions and other actual studios we can criticize Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company. You don't have to feel attacked or defend them. I mostly stay out of these threads because people take things to the heart to much on both sides but you're both right, you can love game freak and criticize them you can enjoy what Sword and shield offer but still be disappointed. I will buy Sword and shield because the good outways the bad but there are serious issues with the franchise and the direction they've been heading lately regardless of who made the final decision or why it was made.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
#Thankyoumultibillioncompany
I'm usually the first one talking about how depressing the corporate chiling is in this site, but in this case the people saying thank you are cleary doing so directing it at the devs and people working on it. Its cleary being made in response to the rumours of the morals in the studio being down.

We can't just do the "corporate bad" thing everytime. Normal People work on this thing.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol Compared to the heat almost every other gaming company gets this is the most mild criticism i have seen.
I think Game Freak will be fine at the end of the day.
What the hell. I feel like I follow gaming pretty damn closely and the only things I can compare with this outrage at a dev is if they screw up as a company outside of a game. But for rage aimed at decisions made purely from a game design perspective I can't remember anything like it.

Nov 11, 2017
Software
I love game freak for what they've done for me and the industry in general but that doesn't dismiss the issues people are having with what's been going on for the past few years till now. I'm In total agreement that some people have gone to far but the same way we criticize the EAs and the Activisions and other actual studios we can criticize Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company. You don't have to feel attacked or defend them. I mostly stay out of these threads because people take things to the heart to much on both sides but you're both right, you can love game freak and criticize them you can enjoy what Sword and shield offer but still be disappointed. I will buy Sword and shield because the good outways the bad but there are serious issues with the franchise and the direction they've been heading lately regardless of who made the final decision or why it was made.
Spot on.

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
giphy.gif

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is so brave. Thank you Gamefreak. Lets do one for Bioware next.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
In GameFreak's defense, for those comparing them to EA/Bioware/Bethesda, I'd say at least Pokemon is still consistently good/decent functional game.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you gonna pretend there aren't assholes who declare any negative criticism against GF as you falling in line with the harassers?
To come into this Thank You thread to whine more about GF is on some next level stupid shit imo. But i haven't said or pretended to do whatever it is you say i'm doing. There is a time and place.

Also are you saying Gamefreak is going around harassing and sending death threats to their fans? I don't even know what your trying to get at me about to be honest?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
While true, the problem is this controversy has stayed for months now. Since June. I don't think people are going to ignore this by the release date. In fact, I feel like this will only pour more gas into the already burning flame.

I wish I had more faith in people like you lol, because I imagine only the opposite happening.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm glad the part of the fandom that is still excited about the games despite all the controversy and issues they may have is speaking out loud. Nobody likes the current situation and it's nice to spread a bit of positivity around it.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What the hell. I feel like I follow gaming pretty damn closely and the only things I can compare with this outrage at a dev is if they screw up as a company outside of a game. But for rage aimed at decisions made purely from a game design perspective I can't remember anything like it.

I'll just say you must not follow gaming as closely as you think. The controversy surrounding dexit is a drop in the bucket compared to the vitriol aimed at games like Infinite Warfare and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you Gamefreak for letting me turn off exp.share, adding in Battle Frontier, and letting me use my favorite pokemon so that I can play and enjoy the game the way I want.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
I know people are gonna answer with cynism like "you can't support a multibillionaire company"

This is more for the actual developpers than the company imo. They are not the one making decisions, they are the ones executing them and getting shit for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.