• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
What is that one game you always want to buy but for whatever reason you never do?

Also, what is that one game on your backlog you regret never playing?

A- I always want to buy City Skylines, I'm always waiting for a discount on all the expansions and base game and everytime it comes I never buy it, I convince myself that I won't play it or don't really want it or I want other games instead but it's always there.

B- Hollow Knight, I started it a couple of months ago and felt it was cool but then I got obsessed with Monster Hunter, then FFXIV, and then just game after game after game but I'm always thinking about Hollow Knight...

What are yours?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I always wanted to buy Darkened Skye on the GameCube back in the day and never did.

Played it for the first time two weeks ago. I am so glad to have skipped it.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Super mario Odyssey. I've had the switch since launch day with zelda, mario kart 8 to links Awakening and many others. My reason for not buying it? The price. Yet I paid full price for links Awakening.

Hellblade - no reason other than not making time and it's even free on gamepass.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm quite interested in playing it, but reading a lot of the criticisms for it and the handheld performance, It would really bother me that I'd be dropping so much money on a game from 2017 because it never gets cheap enough for me to just go insta buy!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
There was one that I really wanted but never bought : Skyward Sword. The version with the golden Wiimote.
I remember multiple times saying while in store : "oh hey I need to buy it someday" but I always had something else to buy first.
Only mainline Zelda I didn't play.
There's a bunch of other Wii games that I didn't buy like that. Donkey Kong Country Returns (got the 3DS version when it released tho !), Wario Land Shake It, Kirby Epic Yarn...
I wanted them, but it was when I was a teenager, and the Xbox kept having those bad ass violent games that my dumb ass edgy myself wanted more.

OP
OP
MegaSackman

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Super mario Odyssey. I've had the switch since launch day with zelda, mario kart 8 to links Awakening and many others. My reason for not buying it? The price. Yet I paid full price for links Awakening.

Hellblade - no reason other than not making time and it's even free on gamepass.

I bought a Switch in June and have a total of one game, BOTW, which I started a couple of weeks ago... the second game I want is Mario (I even was on the verge on getting it over BOTW but I knew the latter was more my thing). I'm waiting for black friday in my country to get a good flash card so I don't expect to get Mario any time soon honestly. :S

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi's Crafted World.

Played the demo and loved it but I just wish the game would come down in price.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Cosmic Fantasy 2. Never had a Turbografx CD and just never got around to buying it, but wanted to since it's Working Designs and the whole Sci-Fi + Fantasy aspect reminds me of Phantasy Star.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Mischief Makers for the N64.

I tried to rent it. They never had it.

I couldn't find it in stores.

It hurts every time

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

According to some LL is the best Uncharted game but the ending of 4 was the perfect way to end the series for me and so I'll probably never end up playing it.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Total War: Warhammer

every time it goes on sale I think about it, but then back off because it looks overwhelming

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

According to some LL is the best Uncharted game but the ending of 4 was the perfect way to end the series for me and so I'll probably never end up playing it.
It's absolutely not the best. One section of the game is flat out bad. The rest except the ending part is all very standard uncharted. It was mostly just a fine extra sidegame that was originally dlc.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
The Witcher 3 (I know). It goes on sale every other week but I'm always prioritizing stuff I need to finish first or will be focused on a newer release... I have nothing against it, I'm just slacking on it.

I finally got around to Undertale over a year ago and it was such a lovely experience, the game has become very near and dear to my heart.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Control is that game for me.

I was like you. Then I pulled the trigger yesterday. It's a lot more unique and original than I anticipated. I really don't think there's anything like it on the market atm. It has some flaws but it's quite something so far.

A bit cheating maybe but my pick has to be RAGE. I've been looking for sales on it for several years, but I never pulled the trigger. I eventually did some 3-4 years after launch because the game's physical limited edition had a massive discount. So I did buy it, finally! Except like 5-6 years passed since and I never played it. I've been seriously meaning to various times, I even installed it a couple times. Then I just didn't. I dribbled around buying it for so long, then now I dribble around playing it. At this point I probably never will. If the game gets remastered the cycle probably begins anew, because at that point I'll want to play an eventual upgraded and upressed version. Will I ever play it though?

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
For games i've not even bought yet, the last 3 fire emblem games. I want FEE:SoV, I want FE:Warriors, I want FE:3H... but I only just got around to playing TMS#FE about a month ago.

As for my backlog, quite a few im excited to get around to but one I think about a lot is stardew valley. I always love a good harvest moon-like and I just know i'll adore it. BUT WHEN!?!?!

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The Witcher 3. And now it's coming to XGP ... I probably still won't get around to playing it.

Chibrou

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
It's more of a whole genre for me : JRPG, I have a huge baklog and I know that they usually takes too much time to finish so that's usually my excuse to tackle shorter games.
But then, persona 4 appeared on playstation now, just wanted to try it a bit and now i'm 20 hours deep, far far from the end and commited 'cos yeah, it's great.
I often hear my backlog crying at night somewhere in the house.

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro – it looks amazing. But I kinda want to play Dark Souls II and III first, which I've had in my backlog forever. Also, still too expensive right now.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I've had GTA V in my Steam wishlist for 6 years.

My entire backlog is full of regret.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Dead Cells for me. I keep saying its going to be my next Switch game and it still hasn't come up as my next Switch game.

llLeonhart

Oct 21, 2019
The Last Guardian. I bought Trails of Cold Steel 1,2,3 and played a bit of 1 and loved it, but I want to wait until they bring the other entries to ps4.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Bayo 2, even though I have the discount for buying 1, I keep waiting on a better deal.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's still Fast RMX on Switch for me. Almost three years now. LOL I'd really like it to hit that magic 50% off $9.99 for me because I want to try it, but I know I won't play it for long. It's probably been on sale at some point, but if so, I've missed it.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris Effect PS4. My fucked up biases about the value of certain genres prevent me from sinking $40 into it, but at the same time, I'm a dumbass that buys a retro rpg collection on the switch that I touch once. Thanks Collection of Mana.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes

I borrowed a copy and finished it. I vastly prefer the original but there are things about the remake that I prefer like some cutscenes and music. It would have been an easy buy for me if it came out for the PS2 and not the Gamecube because the Gamecube controller is terrible for the game's controls.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Monster Hunter world and Neir 2. Heard great things about those games, just never got around to buying. I''ll get there eventually.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Stardew Valley but they seem to be very conservative with discounts. But with the latest/next update I probably going to buy even if it's only 20% discounted.

Also A Plague of a Tale, but I imagine it's going to be a Game Pass title soon so I never bought this, too, but really want to play it some time.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
This is a great topic...for mine:

1) Nier: Automata. I've been hyped for the game for ages, but the price never seems to dip below that $20 magic price point I like, I hear that the PC version is still a mess and will never get patched, and even if I look past those two things and take the plunge, I simply don't have time anymore to do the multiple playthroughs most would agree is essential to enjoying the full story in this game. I'll likely never buy it, or if I do it will sit in my backlog for eternity.

2) Any of the recent retro FPS games that have come out lately (Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Fury, etc.) or RTS/sim/strategy games where a mouse/keyboard would be the best input method. The FPS games check all the nostalgia boxes for me, and I love old-school RTS games and some of the newer sim/strategy games, but realistically I don't have my computer at a desk anymore with a mouse/keyboard setup (comfy couch game full-time now for space reasons) and I'd want to play them with m/kb for the best experience. I realize some of these titles might support a controller, but again I feel they'd be best played with a m/kb.