Oct 28, 2017
I recently had a bbq where me and my girlfriend were hosting everything. Beef Brisket, Ham, Bacon, Chicken. All that awesome stuff. One of the younger members of my family looked at my collection. This always tends to impress them, and I just came to a realization that I don't even have time to play all of these games. As a teenager, I beat all my games and replayed them several times. Now, I don't even beat most of what I own, or even play what I own.

I just replayed Duke Nukem 3d, and I'm also replaying Heretic, and watching movies I've watched already. I have all this stuff that I swear I'm going to use or play or watch someday. But I just play what I played in my teenage years when I actually had free time since it doesn't feel like a time commitment since I've already beaten them and know what's going to happen.

DHARMA PUNX

Banned
Mar 22, 2018
It's called having a real job/career. It doesn't mean you're old, it just means you actually have responsibilities for the first time in your life.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
My younger cousin looking up to me. He's like 22, about to start his career. But man, he's like, all about my career and wanting to learn from me. It was an oh fuck I guess I'm old and wise now? I'm still a kid damn it!

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
The thing is I don't even have a job yet. Well, not anymore. I'm a junior and going for the teacher credential program. I originally had two jobs, but got injured badly enough to where I can't perform any manual labor anymore. All the stuff I have is remnants of a time before I got injured and could no longer afford all that sweet swag.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Someone on this forum mentioned they were around 4/5/6 years old when the first Incredibles movie released. I took some girl to that film way back when, trying to get into her pants.

Oct 26, 2017
Was chatting with a younger coworker about a colleague who had some sixth sense skills about his job and I described him as "the Radar O'Reilly of his team" and there was this awkward silence and then I said "you have no idea who Radar O'Reilly is, do you"

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
The other thing I remember is that bullying back when I was younger was mainly physical. It kind of blows my mind that bullying is mainly an online thing now.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be about the young person asking why you have physical media and not digital.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I caught myself in conversations with my girlfriend, referring to my roommate as "kid" and he is 28. I'm not even old though, I'm only 32.

Oct 30, 2017
The episode of The Simpsons that had the Steamed Ham sequence, "22 Short Stories about Springfield", turned 22 years old this month in April 14th.. :(

Ninman

Oct 27, 2017
My first day of college was almost 10 years ago, I was already feeling like an adult at that time (so naive).

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The one that hit me hard was in 2015 when I made the Back To The Future-related realization that 1955-1985 is the same amount of time as 1985-2015.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could have made the young bucks day and gave him a few games you'll never play. You selfish ass ;)

Is this a progressive insurance add where we all talk about how we are turning into our parents?

Defense wins championships.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
A few years ago I was at the mall buying some cookies at a Great American Cookies store that I so happened to work at in high school (1999). I told the cashier my little piece of trivia. She cheerfully bagged my White Chocolate Macadamia, smiled and said "That's the year I was born!"

I stepped away after pocketing my change and took a few moments to gather my thoughts ...

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I made small talk with a woman at a hotel bar a while back. She asked what I was up to later since it was a city I do business in often and she didn't want to bum around the hotel. I told her where I was going, a bar. "Do they card? I'm only 20"

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This May will be the 5th anniversary of Yeezus' release.

This November will be the 10th of "808s and Heartbreak".

4 days ago, the Jai Paul leaked album turned 5.

Those were the first albums I really fell in love with and now I'm decrepit.

Kona

Oct 27, 2017
High school students give me their steats in public transport, I'm only 26...

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I pulled a muscle in my back while drying myself after my shower today.

I threw out my back drying myself.

I am old.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
And they probably only know about 9/11 from history class.

People who were born before 9/11 can vote in the next presidential election.

Also, my old man moment came by this year when a cashier literally half my age (I'm 34) checked me out.

Also, whenever I see those "You must be born by XXXX to buy tobacco/alcohol" signs and wonder why they are selling that stuff to children...

Dec 22, 2017
The old man moment for me was realizing the "veteran" leader of the baseball team I follow was younger than me, and in fact every single player on the roster was.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching The Matrix over the weekend and I realized that next year it will be 20 years old. I felt some of my hairs turning grey after that one.

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
The weird thing is that my gaming reflexes still haven't slowed down yet, but my ability to strategize has increased significantly since I was younger. My Street Fighting, KOF, Samurai Shodowns, Last Blades still move just as well as when I was younger.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Someone on this forum mentioned they were around 4/5/6 years old when the first Incredibles movie released. I took some girl to that film way back when, trying to get into her pants.

I assume mission accomplished?

Could have made the young bucks day and gave him a few games you'll never play. You selfish ass ;)

Is this a progressive insurance add where we all talk about how we are turning into our parents?

Defense wins championships.

but they do.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I recently had a bbq where me and my girlfriend were hosting everything. Beef Brisket, Ham, Bacon, Chicken. All that awesome stuff. One of the younger members of my family looked at my collection. This always tends to impress them, and I just came to a realization that I don't even have time to play all of these games. As a teenager, I beat all my games and replayed them several times. Now, I don't even beat most of what I own, or even play what I own.

I just replayed Duke Nukem 3d, and I'm also replaying Heretic, and watching movies I've watched already. I have all this stuff that I swear I'm going to use or play or watch someday. But I just play what I played in my teenage years when I actually had free time since it doesn't feel like a time commitment since I've already beaten them and know what's going to happen.

i was confused when i thought your collection was the beef brisket, ham, bacon and chicken

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I feel old when I think about how I was alive before the big internet boom of 1995 and how there are people alive today who do not know of such a world. I mean, how many people here have actually walked to a pay phone?

OP
OP
Douche McBaggins The 4th
Oct 28, 2017
I feel old when I think about how I was alive before the big internet boom of 1995 and how there are people alive today who do not know of such a world. I mean, how many people here have actually walked to a pay phone?
Pay Phones are for those who are either doing something wrong, don't want to be tracked, or have something to hide. I also remember AOL instant messenger back in 1996. Antagonist INC and Gamewiz. That and renting movies for a dollar for a week at Hollywood Video.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the interns at my workplace was born the day The Phantom Menace was released in theaters. The Force Awakens was the first SW movie he ever saw in theaters.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
You didn't replay the games you played when you were a kid, you replayed the good games because they were good or you had nothing else to do/money to buy new titles.