• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
Practically all the NPCs in this series, man or woman, are ugly as sin so I have no idea how you could interpret it that way. I'm honestly amazed anyone remembers that part of Dark Souls 2 at all.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
OP: Who else dressed up this NPC as a sex doll? Wasn't that weird?

Everyone else: ...?

I'm questioning why the feature exists, and some posters agree it's a strange and pointless inclusion. What are you trying to paint me as a pervert for here exactly?

"What was that about?"

She asks you for clothes to wear because she just has rags. You can then give her clothes. It's actually answered in the link you posted. I don't think you know what 'Objectified' means.

Except you can continue to dress her up even after. She stays your dress-up doll for the remainder of the game.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm questioning why the feature exists, and some posters agree it's a strange and pointless inclusion. What are you trying to paint me as a pervert for here exactly?
It's a strange way to interpret a forgettable part of a forgettable video game and it makes it seem like you're either begging for controversy or are just weird yourself. Don't know what else to tell you.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
There are games out there whose whole gameplay is literally just you dressing up a virtual girl (or a doll, whatever, they are not real human beings) with various clothes. Nothing wrong with a fashion simulator.

Destiny 1/2, Dark Souls series and Monster Hunter World.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
IEMi3Z7.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant for someone that likes fashion haha

It is basically impossible for a girl to look attractive in Souls or Bloodborne thanks to the engines From uses and their chosen art-styles, so she isn't really a waifu.

Granted, Shanalotte was cute, but mostly thanks to fanart.

I disagree.

The artstyle is mostly realistic, and turns out that real people can be attractive.

That girl in a black dress selling stones on that poisoned area in DkS 2 is specially cute imo

I also think that OP is being hiperbolic. It's mostly optional stuff that doesn't impact the player in any way unless they want it too. But it's not something 100% devoid of fanservice logic either haha

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I never thought of her as a waifu to dress up to match your fetishes. Dark Souls in general isn't really a series I think about too much in a sexual manor. I mainly used her as a mannequin to display cool armor that wasn't viable to use.

Frankula

Jan 16, 2018
This is clearly one molehill that has yet to reach its potential as a mountain.

Serious response though: I never saw this as any sort of objectification or waifu-ism. I just saw it as a unique element they threw into the game for fun, to help the player feel like they have more influence on Majula and the people who gather there. Looking back through her dialog I really don't see anything that leads you the player on, its not like she's flirty or even responds differently depending on the armor you choose. And you are can't change her clothes later so most people wouldn't have had things like the sorceress' set the first time they meet here, so I'd assume most people gave her pretty modestly designed armor.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i haven't played dark souls 2, but from the description it sounds more like the develper put that to give you chance to retrieve the armor you gave her if you thought you might need that,while stillnot allowing you to leave her naked..so you just exchange the armor you equip on her.

but as i said, haven't played the game so i might been msinterpreting the context.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all for calling out something for being controversial, but Galgun 2 for Switch comes out in 2 days where you literally shoot horny high school girls with an orgasm gun so I think maybe we should let Dark Souls 2 slide.

Jan 4, 2018
I just gave her this thing, plus some knight armor (don't remember which set). Honestly forgot about that character until I popped in here.

latest

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
This is clearly one molehill that has yet to reach its potential as a mountain.

Serious response though: I never saw this as any sort of objectification or waifu-ism. I just saw it as a unique element they threw into the game for fun, to help the player feel like they have more influence on Majula and the people who gather there. Looking back through her dialog I really don't see anything that leads you the player on, its not like she's flirty or even responds differently depending on the armor you choose. And you are can't change her clothes later so most people wouldn't have had things like the sorceress' set the first time they meet here, so I'd assume most people gave her pretty modestly designed armor.
i haven't played dark souls 2, but from the description it sounds more like the develper put that to give you chance to retrieve the armor you gave her if you thought you might need that,while stillnot allowing you to leave her naked..so you just exchange the armor you equip on her.

but as i said, haven't played the game so i might been msinterpreting the context.

Oh no, you can change her clothes as many times as you want. Only you do not get back what you gave to her previously. That's what made it so weird in the first place.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
Having platinum that game twice(ps3/4) I didn't even remember that option(feature?) .... I was there to kill badies not to play dress up OP

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gave her my first extra stuff I guess but don't really remember speaking to her again.
No souls hub will ever beat Majula though!

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I just gave her the random trash armor that the enemies in the forest drop. Anything that was unique or had low drop rates, such as the desert sorceress set that it seems a lot of people gave her, was far too valuable to just give away for free.

Malovis

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume you guys would have other shit to do in Dark Souls than dressing up some irrelevant npc.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Just a stupid and pointless feature like many other things in Ds2. Best not to think too much about it.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
When I think of issues with Dark Souls 2 I cant say the way they handled her to be something I think about.

Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: Thread whining
OP you should have gone to Kotaku with your premise, it might have actually gotten traction there.