• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game was announced all the way back in 2017, and has been in beta since last year. the game now has a new trailer and a release date:

the game will launch only on iOS, with other versions (Android, macOS, tvOS, PC and console) coming later.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The day before my birthday! Happy birthday me :D

Love this team and how far they've come since flOw. I remember that game getting shit on when it released, and me being in love with it. This team deserves all the success in the world for their willingness to step away from gaming norms.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, will definitely be checking this out.

Is it still possible to join the beta?

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
It feels like its been 84 years haha
Anything by TGC is super welcomed in my book.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I remember when this was announced, looks beautiful. Hope apple arcade (or whatever they are releasing for games) makes this a success.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this supposed to push tvOS more than anything? I guess they kind of pivoted on that front.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
On the App Store it says it's out on the 18th. Also it's free? Kinda scared now that there might be typical in app purchases like timers and whatnot. (._.)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
huh, so this was pushed to the 18th?

also i just checked the app store and big yikes:
e7dbca87-34dc-42f2-azljfy.jpeg

very un-thatgamecompany-like.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded on my phone (had it pre ordered). Visually looks great - very Journey. Haven't seen any MTs but hopefully that's not a major focus :|

Any idea where you can actually see those, mazi ? I'm hoping there's just kind of a "full" version of the game. I had just assumed I'd be spending at least 20 on this anyway.

Last edited:

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't heard anything about this game from any of the big media companies (IGN, Gamespot, etc). Really odd seeing as this is the follow up to Journey. Even though it's a mobile game I figured they'd give it some coverage. Haven't heard anything from "Influencers" either and no marketing from thatgamecompany or Apple or anyone.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just downloaded on my phone (had it pre ordered). Visually looks great - very Journey. Haven't seen any MTs but hopefully that's not a major focus :|

Any idea where you can actually see those, mazi ? I'm hoping there's just kind of a "full" version of the game. I had just assumed I'd be spending at least 20 on this anyway.
idk if they changed anything since i last played in the beta a few months ago but when I played the only microtransactions were for items you could gift to other players not use on yourself

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Post impressions plz

Apologies, I was only able to fire it up briefly and then parental duties took over ;) I hadn't figured out the jumping/flying mechanics yet, but the landscapes are absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't seem to be running as well as I thought it would have - I'm on the A11 chip on iPhone 8 but again, that's very preliminary.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So why did Apple want this again? I remember this announced around the time we got AR gimmicks.

What was Apple trying to accomplish by having this as an exclusive?

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have held hands and given high fives to random people. Someone told me they liked my hair.

What a great game so far. Music and graphics are stunning.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
How do you even start this thing. Stuck on the title. Maybe it's broken because I'm on iOS 13 beta.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Game is beautiful but the technical limitations are showing. The clouds look oddly pixelated and it doesn't seem very high res. Playing on a 7+. Still, the game feels a lot like Journey. Meditative and Serene and Ethereal. Lovely stuff. The touch controls aren't bad either though it can feel a bit wonky while flying. Hoping for a proper console/PC release so I can see this puppy as high res/fps as possible with some none pixelated clouds. Could be a real looker.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I just started the game and it looks amazing on my phone but I'm waiting for console release. Although it controlled quite well I still would rather play on my TV and on a controller.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I'll get this for iPad when iOS 13 drops and I can use the DS4 with it.

Then get it for PS4 in whatever glorious resolution they get it running.

Can anyone expand on what is in the bundles?

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone able to get MFi controllers to work? The website says MFi is supported but it doesn't seem to work, at least on iOS 13 beta.

Edit: MFi might just be limited to macOS Source

Last edited:

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Hm... free with microtransactions...

I can't say I'm not interested, but if the microtransactions go beyond cosmetic stuff, it's life will be cut real short on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.