• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

planet fitness performed a study to see what americans think about the dad bod. results are shown below:
There are a number of insights regarding how people feel about the "dad bod" overall, including how the sentiment compares year over year. For example, over 23 million men identify as having one – similar to those who said the same in 2018 – but this year more men believe that there is universal acceptance of the "dad bod" than in 2018 (71 percent vs. 63 percent). Both men and women associate the body type with positive traits as demonstrated by new survey insights, including:

• Body Positivity on the Rise.More men with a "dad bod" this year in comparison to last year say:
    • They are happier with their body (79 percent vs. 64 percent);
    • Having that body type has improved their life in some way (72 percent vs. 62 percent);
    • A "dad bod" has made them more relaxed (46 percent vs. 37 percent).
  • Boosted Self-Esteem. Men who say their "dad bod" has improved their life this year claim their body type has helped them accept themselves (48 percent) or made them less concerned with their appearance (47 percent).
  • Confidence is King. Nearly four in five among both women and men (78 percent) believe a "dad bod" is a sign of a man who is confident in his own skin.
  • Yes, Please. More Americans say the "dad bod" is attractive (65 percent vs. 57 percent), men with a "dad bod" are sexy (61 percent vs. 51 percent) and the "dad bod" is the new six-pack (51 percent vs. 41 percent) this year compared to last year.

is 2019 the year of the dad bod?

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
An employee said Happy Father's Day to me in the parking lot as I was returning a shopping cart. I had no kids with me, nothing on my vehicle that would indicate that I am a father, and I still look young. I'm like, "Shit, do I have dad bod?"

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
There's no timeline where id want a dad bod lol.

edit: of course people at planet fitness would say that

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Who is spreading such lies? Did they just round up a bunch of dads to take this survey?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Planet fitness? With the pizza days and ice cream days?

Of course they'll like it

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You are talking about six packs right?

As a fellow dad boder I wouldn't call them disgusting but they are not as attractive as what us dads have apparently.

I've have one of these filthy dad bods, no survey will ever convince me this shit is attractive nor good. I'll be happy once I've burned this crap bod off.

Oct 25, 2017
An employee said Happy Father's Day to me in the parking lot as I was returning a shopping cart. I had no kids with me, nothing on my vehicle that would indicate that I am a father, and I still look young. I'm like, "Shit, do I have dad bod?"

People throw it at me when I'm at my most baby-faced and no evidence of children. I guess for some people it's just a blanket thing they say on the day.
People with dad bods keep trying to convince themselves that it's the year of the dad bod.

Or as we get fatter, our standards or at least frames of reference keep changing to make us feel like we aren't fatter.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We want thicc bois, who can still have the strength to pick you up and dominate.

😩💦💦

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh awesome, just what society needed, more promotion of obesity.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I still strive to become a Greek God, so stfu.
198850772_fc8bf49a82_b.jpg

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Nah, when I step out looking sharper than a thousand knives in my dress clothes, looking sent to the house, looking more shredded than cheddar, and hewn from a 6-foot block of rich milk chocolate, I don't stop and think, "Gee, this all could be improved if I concentrated 40% of my body weight in my gut."
Issa no from me dawg.

Oct 27, 2017
This comes around every few years. I don't think it's true, though I'm not sure the cut six pack is always necessary either. Just somewhat fit/in shape in my experience.

Feb 6, 2019
Dad bod doesn't mean obese with a giant gut. Dad bod means overall in decent shape with a little bit of softness in the belly.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
People throw it at me when I'm at my most baby-faced and no evidence of children. I guess for some people it's just a blanket thing they say on the day.

Or as we get fatter, our standards or at least frames of reference keep changing to make us feel like we aren't fatter.

Hmm never thought about it that way. I know I've changed my frame of reference for physique as I've gotten older. I compare myself to people my age, not younger folks who have all the energy and testosterone they need to get ripped quickly with short recovery times.

I should add that I am working to get rid of excess fat and build muscle. Dad bod looks bad on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.