• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting old and a bit fatty can be sweet. Haven't worked out in a while because of health issues and girls seem to enjoy it.
I would be lying if I don't miss that look when a girl noticed my six pack when naked.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it depends where you are from what's considered attractive as a man. I've noticed most women really don't care about the specifics of what a guy looks like as long as it's apparent he takes care of himself, dresses well and knows how to play up/down his flaws or oddities and most importantly has a great and courageous personality. I know in Asian cultures a very thin man is considered attractive and in France as well they tend to like the more slender look. Being chubby there in any form is seen as being fat (in Asia). The US has a football culture and a chubby guy with muscle is seen as being attractive and very masculine. I have met women who are creeped out having sex with a guy whose hips are smaller than theirs. I don't think it'sas important as some guys stress over it. I think you can look just about any way as long as it isnt extreme in any one way and not be limited in life by how you look.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a win for body positivity which men definitely need. This idea that all dudes need to spend a quarter of their waking hours in the gym getting ripped just to be desireable is just as disgusting as morbid obesity IMO.

There's a massive difference between not having a "dad bod" and spending that much time in the gym. Given as far as I can tell, it means having a physique that shouts "I'm overweight (but not obese)", for most people what you need to do to avoid falling in to that category is eat reasonably and do a short jog (I do ~25 minutes) or equivalent 4-5 times a week, and I'm approaching a healthier weight.

Body positivity is all well and good, but it doesn't change that being in that category also puts you in the group of "Excess weight puts you at increased risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes" (https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/height-weight-chart/), and that is something people should also be completely aware of.

I love/fully support my husband's gym habit, but I think it's understandable why the dad bod is attractive to many, and great for men's self confidence. Always room for more positivity, and feeling more relaxed/confident helps with fitness goals. Win-win.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling and antagonizing other users over a series of posts; accumulated infractions.
When the positive self image comes with the internal ugliness of judgement, it sure does.
I just feel like that if I had a gut that folded over on itself when I sat down, or pushed out my t-shirts, I'd rather be dead. If we pretend that the survey in the OP is reflective of reality, the idea that somebody would put themselves through that in a shallow attempt to attract women is disgusting to me.

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I just feel like that if I had a gut that folded over on itself when I sat down, or pushed out my t-shirts, I'd rather be dead. If we pretend that the survey in the OP is reflective of reality, the idea that somebody would put themselves through that in a shallow attempt to attract women is disgusting to me.

You've got issues, mate.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
I just feel that if I had a gut that folded over on itself when I sat down, or pushed out my t-shirts, I'd rather be dead. If we pretend that the survey in the OP is reflective of reality, the idea that somebody would put themselves through that in a shallow attempt to attract women is disgusting to me.
If that is the value I placed on life, I'd rather be dead, so I guess we all have our hang ups.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's a win for body positivity which men definitely need. This idea that all dudes need to spend a quarter of their waking hours in the gym getting ripped just to be desireable is just as disgusting as morbid obesity IMO.

Assuming someone is awake for 16 hours (gotta get a good nights sleep!) you think people spend 4 hours a day in the gym to get in shape?🤣

Just go 3-4 times a week for 45m-1hr

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming someone is awake for 16 hours (gotta get a good nights sleep!) you think people spend 4 hours a day in the gym to get in shape?🤣

Just go 3-4 times a week for 45m-1hr
also this thread is about six packs, which are largely unrelated to exercise but are rather a product of a good diet

ZeRo the Smash bros player has started working out and eating right, and his tweets about how easy it is and how good he feels make me happy

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I've never rolled my eyes so hard at the replies to one of my posts. You live next to a gym or have one in your house? That's priviledge. Have THE TIME to devote lots of time to the gym, including commuting for most people? That's also privilege. The fact that ladies are perfectly happy with guys who aren't gym bunnies should be celebrated. Don't be so defensive, and don't skip your leg days either.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I've never rolled my eyes so hard at the replies to one of my posts. You live next to a gym or have one in your house? That's priviledge. Have THE TIME to devote lots of time to the gym, including commuting for most people? That's also privilege. The fact that ladies are perfectly happy with guys who aren't gym bunnies should be celebrated. Don't be so defensive, and don't skip your leg days either.

Then get in shape other ways besides the gym? Go for a run or jog, workout at home, swim, hike. Do something. Get moving. It's not privilege.

Also, clean up your diet

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lots of huge gym heads still have guts because they just lift all day while eating 4000 calories to "bulk up" or they have issues with alcohol consumption

This is a diet thread more than an exercise thread

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
lots of huge gym heads still have guts because they just lift all day while eating 4000 calories to "bulk up" or they have issues with alcohol consumption

This is a diet thread more than an exercise thread
Yeah but the dad bod is the result of working out and enjoying life. Not just eating and drinking. A dad bod is still in shape. Just covered in a layer of cuddle and fun.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but the dad bod is the result of working out and enjoying life. Not just eating and drinking. A dad bod is still in shape. Just covered in a layer of cuddle and fun.
hmmm

maybe the issue is that everyone has a different idea of what a dad bod is? this is what I think of
2015-10-14-1444785218-4970128-dadbod1-thumb.jpg

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
hmmm

maybe the issue is that everyone has a different idea of what a dad bod is? this is what I think of
2015-10-14-1444785218-4970128-dadbod1-thumb.jpg
Nothing wrong with that at his age. Seems like a perfectly normal body to me. Guy probably loves a drink and food. Has fun and goes to the gym every once in a while. But i wouldn't call him fat.
He could be in super-shape within a couple of months.
Personally my view on a dad-bod is slightly more in shape but this is a perfectly normal body-type to me.

By the way, i also prefer mom-bods. But with that i also mean a combination of a person who takes care of herself and also knows how to enjoy life.
I don't think that many people enjoy hanging out with people who are obsessed with their body and who are judgemental.
Not saying that everyone who is ripped is obsessed though. Some people have a muscular body purely by genes and a little workout. Some have jobs that are physically demanding (athletes, some construction workers, farmers, etc.)

Anyway, the danger with spending too much time in the mirror is that you might never be really satisfied. I just hope people live a happy life with people they enjoy. That's what it's all about. Have fun during your short visit.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn judging from this thread Era hates body positivity.

The only thing disgusting in hereis the fat shaming going on.

Guys on Era are ripped models with huge dicks.

Actually the nerd rage in here against any sort of body positIvity is disgusting. And I love how it has been established that the "dad bod" isn't really someone out of shape, just with a bigger body fat %, yet you have people posting pics or information that is the opposite of that to fit a narrative.

We get it, your bro science is what keeps you going.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dad bod doesn't mean obese with a giant gut. Dad bod means overall in decent shape with a little bit of softness in the belly.
^This. If that look isn't for you either cool, just don't go through this thread body shaming. You can be a power lifter, eating healthy consistently and still have a dad bod. Unless you have some crazy overall genetics having a six pack ain't usually a result of a healthy lifestyle.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm still going to try to stay a little more in shape than the dads.

Sorry ladies ;)

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I dig the "muscle fat" look. I think guys are sexy that way. But not fat fat, or skinny fat.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Slim person with six pack. I feel disgusting right now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They went to the trouble of conducting a nationally representative survey yet nowhere in the article is "dad bod" clearly defined. It looks like it was based on the self-identification of the respondents so it could be literally any body type that some dumbass has deemed a dad bod.

As someone trained in research, this is making me clench my moderately visible abs in rage.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The original definition was a guy who works out but doesn't worry about tossing back a beer or three. The idea is that a woman is attracted to a man who looks masculine, but not one so fit that he will be lecturing them on counting calories.

Pearson describes the dadbod as a guy who says, "I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time."
I can sort of understand why this makes sense to a 19-year-old college student, but holy shit, LMAO.

Deleted member 25712

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My version of dad bod is 6'2, 210-220 and pretty hefty muscle composition from barely working out and doing most manual house labor/car mechanical shit myself. I could still stand to lose 30 pounds, but I don't get any complaints. I'm also not turning any heads at the pool though, so I don't know wtf this survey is smoking. Oh, Planet Fitness.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Every middle aged out of shape man I know, me included, have a couple, gym is just a phase to get to this situation. Then you have kids, get old and die.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand how planet fitness isn't a real gym if I go there 3 times a week and work out. Am I a paradox?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
also this thread is about six packs, which are largely unrelated to exercise but are rather a product of a good diet

ZeRo the Smash bros player has started working out and eating right, and his tweets about how easy it is and how good he feels make me happy

A product of specific kinds of diets... yes

A product of a good diet.....no(for most people that is)

MiracleTrail

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
I dont understand how planet fitness isn't a real gym if I go there 3 times a week and work out. Am I a paradox?

People who say that are usually miserable boys who think that getting super big (which they usually aren't anyway) is going to change their luck with women when the problem is that they're just assholes. Imagine someone saying that (PF isn't a real gym) in a real conversation to a normally adjusted human.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really love plumpy body, but I for myself prefer having six pack in the mirror until 80yo thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.