• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Reported for blatant self-promotion, enjoy your perma ban.

(But seriously, awesome job! That'll be next on my to-read list!)

"Harry's All-Night Hamburgers" is also a pretty good read. I could definitely see it as either an animated film or a PG live action family film (if one scene gets removed or replaced).

Thanks! I wrote it over the course of about 7 years and finished it on a self-imposed goal at the end of 2014. I go back and re-read certain scenes and genuinely crack up, forgetting that I wrote them in the first place, so I guess that's a good sign. lol

I luckily have a few solid industry contacts that will potentially get it read quicker than otherwise, but there's no making up for garbage, so I am trying to get the script as tight as possible. It's a bit longish right now for what amounts to a straight comedy.

kaister

Oct 27, 2017
Reported for blatant self-promotion, enjoy your perma ban.

(But seriously, awesome job! That'll be next on my to-read list!)

"Harry's All-Night Hamburgers" is also a pretty good read. I could definitely see it as either an animated film or a PG live action family film (if one scene gets removed or replaced).

Do you have a link to Harry's All-Night Hamburgers? I'm a sucker for sci-fi.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the idea of nr:7 - Cobweb.

If done right, it could be really good. Make it a straight up thriller or more of a modern Hitchcock spin on it and I would be all in.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Broodmare has a nice build-up, but the payoff sucks. It's like, that's it? Might make a middling episode of a sci-fi/horror anthology show.

Harry's All-Night Hamburgers is a neat story with Groundhog Day undertones and a no matter where you go, there you are" theme. I can see it as a Netflix movie.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ones that I'd read:

Harry's All Night Hamburgers
Grace
Queen & Slim
Saddam & Me
Naked is the Best Disguise
Popular
Your Boy
Gunfight
Spark
Do you have a link to Harry's All-Night Hamburgers? I'm a sucker for sci-fi.
Harry's All-Night Hamburgers is a neat story with Groundhog Day undertones and a no matter where you go, there you are" theme. I can see it as a Netflix movie.
Well, have I got news for you. Ted Melfi to direct "Harry's All Night Hamburgers"!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also Queen and Slim is currently shooting starring Daniel Kaluuya and Jodie Turner Smith as the leads with Melina Matsoukas directing.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
I like the Time Traveller cafe pitch.

The "Worst guy ever.." idea made me throw up in my mouth.