• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Cacowards 2019

The sugar rush of Doom's 25th anniversary has worn off, and we've arrived at the much more pedestrian 26th anniversary. There were some whispers that maybe the Doom community's collective output would take a breather in 2019 - but, if anything, the opposite has occurred, and we have a bumper crop of Cacoward picks this year once again.

In programming news, @TerminusEst13 has moved onto greener... greens?... and has also moved on from Cacowarding. Since the rest of the team are all Doomworld purist snobs, we have enlisted the help of @Marisa Kirisame to enlighten and inform us all on the state of affairs on the Z-side of the community. Please bid her welcome!

- @Linguica

7_eviternity.jpg

Eviternity

7_hocus.png

Hocus Pocus Doom

2030579991_7_lostcivilization.jpg

Lost Civilization

The Awards:

So what has everyone else played? I've played quite a few of these and quite a few of these are on my list to play. But stuff like Finely Crafted Fetish Film escaped by grasped so I'm always thankful for this time of the year. And I love that name so I'm definitely going to check it out. What has everyone else been playing this year?

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
As someone who took a tentative leap into Doom mapping for the first time this year (likely to return soon!), all of these winners and runner-ups are super inspiring. It's a fuckin' shame that half of the community's long-time luminaries went to QuakeCon this year without me even knowing it, but oh well. I still need to play Eviternity, Lost Civilization, and the other big WADs, so.