• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of these seem like particularly good reasons to wait. Fullscreen TouchID sounds like a pipe dream, but that's really the only feature I find intriguing. The rest of this stuff just seems like no brainers ("A better camera! A more powerful processor!")

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I may need to finally jump into a massive 6.7" phone + wear an Apple Watch as my
main notification device.

I also need that 120Hz OLED rumor to be true.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is precisely why I'm signing up for the iPhone Upgrade Program for the next year.

Need an upgrade now, but I'm not missing out on this next model.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I don't buy it. Apple has a history of dragging these things out, so there are multiple years of "must have" upgrades.

I don't doubt that they're working on all of these things, but they're probably in various stages of development. All of these future features are being rolled into one wish list.

That being said, I'm on the upgrade program, so I'll happily trade up if they manage to knock it out of the park next year.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I kinda doubt Apple would pack all of that into one year, but even getting most of those would be dope. 5G alone is enough reason for me to hold off another year.

Isn't this year's already 6?
Nope. Only 4GB.

Phone's this big without some sort of built in stylus are almost dead to me. I want to come back one of these days but the Note has a strangle hold on me.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Strong rumors from well placed folks

- 5G
- OLED through entire lineup
- Smaller notch / no notch due to cameras combining into one
- 5.4, 6.1, 6.7 inch screen iPhones
- 120 Hz Promotion displays
- Time of flight 3D capable cameras on back
- Touch ID and Face ID combo
- 5nm A14 chip
You had me at 120Hz.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
120hz and the Kinect like sensor on the back + more ram are what I'm hoping for. The screen stuff I could either way on.

I could see myself waiting for 2021 (have a 10) if some of these don't land.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Strong rumors from well placed folks

- 5G
- OLED through entire lineup
- Smaller notch / no notch due to cameras combining into one
- 5.4, 6.1, 6.7 inch screen iPhones
- 120 Hz Promotion displays
- Time of flight 3D capable cameras on back
- Touch ID and Face ID combo
- 5nm A14 chip

I doubt this is happening. Is TSMC's process ready? really hate the fact that node shrinkage has lost all meaning because of TSMC

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Who exactly is "well placed" here? It looks to be pure conjecture. This is more like 2020+2021 feature upgrade list than anything.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
if its true 5g and there's 5g in my area, then i'll upgrade. till then, XS is a magnificent device

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
watch them delivery on all of this, be insanely powerful and still not have USB-C lmao

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Touch ID returning and a higher refresh rate display would definitely prompt me to upgrade from my 7 Plus. Not doing it this time around.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
My bets for likely:
- 5 nm A14 bigger jump than 12 to 13
- USB-C
- 128 GB base in "pro"
- 6 GB ram in "pro"

My hopes:
- New design, smaller notch
- 120 hz promotion
- 5G (depending on how the rollout has progressed)

Reaalllly doubt we will see all of that, or even a compelling enough product to upgrade from a still working XS max