• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
That's going to be a big fix on the Jumbo car, I hope that they can fix it in time to get back out.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone!

Happy to see AF Corse in the lead in GT-Pro. Hope they win.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow #63's off doesn't look as bad as others, yet they got pushed back into the garage. Must have bent the suspension/steering..

Edit: daaaamn @ DeVries' crash.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Really dislike the commentary. Damien struggles through sentences, most of the time there's no commentary on the actual on-screen action, and just now they kept referring to Giedo van der Garde as Renge van der Zande, despite his name coming up on screen.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Maybe I'm just used to Formula One by now, but the radio transmissions in Le Mans are really hard to make out compared to the F1 ones. What did they even say there?

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just used to Formula One by now, but the radio transmissions in Le Mans are really hard to make out compared to the F1 ones. What did they even say there?

They were definitely talking about fuel and I think they were asking if they needed to stop again, which it sounded like they do.

What was Keating thinking peeling out of the pits like that?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lopez is an amazing driver, not that the rest of his crew isn't top-notch but he may be the best person to pull this off.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously needs to be dropped for next year's coverage.

This studio segment is okay every once in a while (not every 2 hours), but what was the issue with doing like other years? Continuing the race on Eurosport 2 while they're busy talking on the main channel? Now it's unskippable unless you subscribe to the Player, which is an absurd proposition to begin with because I pay to be able to watch Eurosport to begin with.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
This studio segment is okay every once in a while (not every 2 hours), but what was the issue with doing like other years? Continuing the race on Eurosport 2 while they're busy talking on the main channel? Now it's unskippable unless you subscribe to the Player, which is an absurd proposition to begin with because I pay to be able to watch Eurosport to begin with.
Not really sure why Eurosport 2 hasn't been utilised during the 24 hours. Maybe something to do with their claim of 24 hour wall-to-wall coverage.

Oct 26, 2017
#30 Alpine is crabbing really badly out there.

EDIT: What's going on here? #8 just lost 5 seconds to the #7 on the official time sheet for the previous lap.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's cool for casuals or people who only joined sometime during the last hour or so, it's a solid recap of what happened and what is happening. But why can't they do a split-screen coverage is beyond me.

It is much better coverage than it used to be, I remember when at night they only had the trackside CCTV and in-car cameras for live video footage and the commentators had to do their best as the show was running all night but there were no camera-people on the proper cameras, I mean it wasn't that long ago either.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is much better coverage than it used to be, I remember when at night they only had the trackside CCTV and in-car cameras for live video footage and the commentators had to do their best as the show was running all night but there were no camera-people on the proper cameras, I mean it wasn't that long ago either.

Absolutely, had a post about that myself earlier. Nighttime racing the past years was abysmal, you could not understand anything of what was happening. It was a lot better now, but there's still a lot of things the FIA and Eurosport need to figure out. Namely:
- better director, as he missed out on a lot of live action and only came up with replays really late
- showing more and better information on strategies, points situations, lap averages, etc. during the race, because only the commentators provide context
- introduce split-screen coverage if they really gotta have so many ads and studio segments
- talking about ads, we probably lost like an hour due to Eurosport playing their top 5 dances and shit like that - like, seriously?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to see the #7 go an hour or so without a pit stop however, especially at this pace. Chances are he'll stop again.