• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
This thread will be my home this week.

Lets go, #95! TeamThiim!!!

Yu Kigono

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this. Gonna spend the weekend watching with my dad, maybe try an all nighter again.

Go Rebellion!

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Sweet. I have Motortrend on Sling, bring on the 24 hours.

Le Mans weekend is honestly the best sports weekend of the year. It almost always coincides with a major world soccer tournament (Women's World Cup and Copa America this year). Good-bye sleep.

Excellent OP, ED.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Is this going to be live streamed?
There have been live streams in the past from specific teams, but not the official broadcast coverage. The WEC/Le Mans App does have live streaming without commentary using the official broadcast feed.

In Europe, Eurosport covers the whole 24 Hours.

Unfortunately, coverage of Le Mans outside of Europe is pretty limited.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know who will join to the GT1/ hypercar category next year?

SC365 reports that announcements from Aston Martin and Toyota are forthcoming:

It's understood that Aston Martin, with its road-going Valkyrie hypercar, is expected to formally announce its commitment to the class this week, alongside Toyota, which is currently developing a prototype-based Hypercar with hybrid power.

Despite utilizing a hybrid system on its road car, Aston's Valkyrie is expected to run as a non-hybrid.

Glickenhaus should also be there with the SCG 007

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
There have been live streams in the past from specific teams, but not the official broadcast coverage. The WEC/Le Mans App does have live streaming without commentary using the official broadcast feed.

In Europe, Eurosport covers the whole 24 Hours.

Unfortunately, coverage of Le Mans outside of Europe is pretty limited.
I'm in the USA and finding any coverage of the 24H is... difficult.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
tbh unless Toyota break down, you're looking at the other classes for actual competition.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Le Mans was this weekend. Guess I know what my weekend plans are.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty I'd watch that, like a couple years ago when we risked an LMP2 winning overall. Have the Toyotas suffer MAJOR car trouble, lose like 90 minutes or something, then see them push insanely hard for the entire 24 hours in the hopes that they can get the leaders back.

Not gonna happen but it would be entertaining at least. As it stands, the Toyotas can lap several seconds slower than required to save the car and still comfortably put several laps on the best LMP2.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
2 in a row let's go. Hope the other Toyota wins this year. The top category will hopefully get a boost soon. GTs is where its at.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we can hear more details about the LMP1 replacement this week.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for Toyota trouble to have any interest in LMP1. Looks like the weather won't offer any help either.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
The class of 2019

5cff8d334dac6_by_edmonddantes9285_dd92riv-pre.jpg

Aston Martin honours 60th anniversary of Le Mans victory

aston_martin_racing_2019_le_mans_preview_01_1440x9_by_edmonddantes9285_dd92rsr-pre.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Go! Go! Team Splatoon! Go! Go!

Rooting for the #1.
It would be a fantastic way for André Lotterer to get his fourth victory at Le Mans.

Rebellion's art car liveries aren't for everyone, but I like what they're doing with it. After the complaints a few years ago about how all the LMP1 cars looked the same livery-wise, it's refreshing.

d8yobl4xoaayfj__jpg_large_by_edmonddantes9285_dd933cw-pre.jpg

d8otmeqxoaawedf_jpg_large_by_edmonddantes9285_dd933rw-pre.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
MotorTrend confirms Le Mans schedule

Full Le Mans Broadcast Schedule (Times in ET)

Free Practice
MotorTrend App
Wednesday, June 12 at 9:45 AM

Qualifying 1
MotorTrend App
Wednesday, June 12 at 3:45 PM ET

Qualifying 2
MotorTrend App
Thursday, June 13 at 12:45 PM ET

Qualifying 3
MotorTrend App
Thursday, June 13 at 3:45 PM ET

Warm Up
MotorTrend App
Saturday, June 15 at 2:45 AM ET

24 Hours of Le Mans
MotorTrend App and MotorTrend TV (*In the U.S.)
MotorTrend App and Velocity Canada (*In Canada)
Saturday, June 15 at 8 AM ET

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
One of my schoolmates drives for Aston Martin in the LMGTE, he actually won the class in 2017. Will be rooting for him again this year. Go Jonny go!

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the WEC/Le Mans app will be showing live coverage of practice and qualifying in addition to the race?

itsmedave

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'll be rooting for the Ford GT's again. I hope this isn't their final year at Lemans. I love the classic schemes of past winners for Ford at Lemans

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Hyped for Le Mans to start! Which teams are doing onboard YouTube streams this year?