• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding F4 and X-Men, optimistically, I think that 2023-2024 sounds about right for F4 and then the X-Men will be the focus of whatever Phase 5 is.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding F4 and X-Men, optimistically, I think that 2023-2024 sounds about right for F4 and then the X-Men will be the focus of whatever Phase 5 is.

we might see a FF cameo in 2022, but yeah, agreed. FF done right for the first time will be the first priority, then X-Men.

How many ensemble teams can they juggle at one time? soon it'll be (New) Avengers, GoTG, and Eternals. Are all movies from here out going to be team ups like Thor Ragnarok?

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
We've seen how S.H.I.E.L.D. does memory manipulation in the MCU... it's not pretty.
agents-of-shield-coulson-death-operation.jpg

I don't remember where that's from. But Tahiti is a magical place.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish The Hulk and Ruffalo could get on that mini series action on Disney Plus since hes still unlikely to get a solo anytime soon.

Hopefully if the rest take off.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So Hugo Weaving wouldn't do Red Skull again but he's up for stuff like Mortal Engines? Did he sign up with Nicholas Cage's manager or something?

Netflix Marvel Shows Not Moving to Disney Streaming

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Sources tell Variety that the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation. That means that "Daredevil," "Luke Cage," and "Iron Fist" — which were all canceled this year at Netflix — could not come to the Disney streaming service until 2020 at the earliest.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
there is a tiny Punisher Season 2 tease at the end of this video highlighting the January releases in Portugal(timeestamped)

It's weird that its in the January video as a tease but with no date so I guess February?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if this team up will happen in EndGame.

Evans is wearing the Winter Soldier suit and he's lacking the beard, just like in the trailer. And Hawkeye that we saw in the trailer.

wBvQFPP.jpg

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
They had film options baked into their contracts. Charlie Cox admitted this in an old interview. This deal was made before Marvel Studios became separate from Marvel Entertainment.

Thinking this through, if the contract didn't restrict the circumstances under which the show could be unilaterally cancelled and didn't adjust the film lock out duration if they were in a movie before cancellation, then they were strategically never going to be in the movies as anything but a cute cameo even if it was technically possible.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Because they were keeping up the veneer of continuity between the shows and movies, that meant TV had to get permission from the film side to use certain characters to make sure there was no redundancy. This lasted at least all the way up to Black Panther, given they almost cast Nightshade twice (Kilmonger's girl was originally that character before Luke Cage season 2 rolled around).

Amy Pascal Interview on Spider-Man Films

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/sony-spider-man-future-amy-pascal-phil-lord-interview

A new interview with Amy Pascal about Sony's Spider-Man films. She has this to say about Sony's deal with Marvel Studios:

The bigger question here, then, is what will happen to the Sony-Marvel Studios collaboration when their initial deal expires.
"I think about crying," Pascal said of a future in which Spider-Man and Marvel retreat to separate corners. "I can only hope for a future where things work out. I've known Kevin since he was Avi's very, very quiet assistant, who for many years sat in that room listening to us and being so much smarter than any of us without any of us realizing. I will say that working with Marvel has been one of the highlights of my professional career."

Seems like Pascal is open to extending the deal to loan Spidey on the MCU.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Pascal wants this deal to continue.

As good as Venom is doing, Venom was not expected to perform as well as it has. Lord knows if "Morbius" or "Silver & Black" or "Kraven" or even "Venom 2" will be able to replicate "Venom"s success. The closest thing the movie industry has to a risk-free asset is a Marvel movie with a AAA superhero. The Homecoming series of films will continue to make Sony enough money to justify doing things like making various Spider-verse live action films.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
And the OT thread about this interview completely misses the point and makes it out like she doesn't want to renew...then again the OP is a bit of a doink so of course.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Question: Now that Daredevil got cancelled, is there a good chance that we see Ben Urich (and the Daily Bugle) in a future Spider-Man MCU movie?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about the trailer, I guess that's good 'cus I wasn't hoping for it to release tomorrow.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a few news articles a week or so ago reporting that a trailer would drop tomorrow the 18th. Not sure if the date shifted or if the reporting was actually reliable.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
I saw a few news articles a week or so ago reporting that a trailer would drop tomorrow the 18th. Not sure if the date shifted or if the reporting was actually reliable.

After the Avengers: Endgame trailer fiasco of "it's coming out this week!! no, it's this week, we swear! oh wait, it's actually this week!!! also the title is totally Annihilation you guys!", I don't trust anything said about when trailers come out on Twitter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.