• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Why am I not surprised that most CM-threads turned to shit and the nitpicking this movie gets?

I don't think anyone's surprised. Like most, I noticed the movie get nitpicked during the trailer threads and discussions never improved from there. I've avoided most CM threads on this site and most others and my enjoyment of the movie has been sky-high.

Also, looks like it was only the small bubble of people that were fiercely critical, as you can see by the box office performance thus far: Box Office Pro

Looking at a $150 million domestic opening, $400 million global opening, and an 'A' CinemaScore.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone's surprised. Like most, I noticed the movie get nitpicked during the trailer threads and discussions never improved from there. I've avoided most CM threads on this site and most others and my enjoyment of the movie has been sky-high.

Also, looks like it was only the small bubble of people that were fiercely critical, as you can see by the box office performance thus far: Box Office Pro

Looking at a $150 million domestic opening, $400 million global opening, and an 'A' CinemaScore.

I really enjoyed the movie, doesn't mean I don't have nitpicks and want to discuss them.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I watched IW again and noticed after the snap, the gauntlet looks fried. Is that it? Will Thanos be weaponless fighting the Avengers in Endgame? If so forget Carol... Thor with stormbreaker could solo Thanos.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I really enjoyed the movie, doesn't mean I don't have nitpicks and want to discuss them.

Sorry. I could've been more clear. I didn't mean there's anything wrong with discussing criticisms. I was more referring to some of the toxic discussions that arose during those threads. It seems they always started as nitpicking and then spiraled out of control.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
So I watched IW again and noticed after the snap, the gauntlet looks fried. Is that it? Will Thanos be weaponless fighting the Avengers in Endgame? If so forget Carol... Thor with stormbreaker could solo Thanos.

Yes, it's fried/damaged but we don't really know what that means. Can it be used again? Does it still have power? We don't really know.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

He can't use all 5 stones at once anymore (so no snapping the avengers out of existence) but he can still use their powers individually. The fight in Endgame isn't about killing Thanos, it's about undoing the snap.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly the future of Phase 4 (I know they're not doing phases supposedly, but whatever) with an Avengers team of Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man is pretty damn exciting.

Captain Marvel exploring the deepest depths of the universe, becoming more powerful.
Doctor Strange bending reality and taking on metaphysical threats on a scale hitherto unknown.
Black Panther expanding Wakanda and its politics, maybe clashing with Namor or someone on his level
Holland's Spider-Man growing into adulthood, unrestricted by the artificial eternal youth of the comics.

And maybe a Watiti Thor sequel, alongside Eternals, Black Widow, Guardians 3, Ant-Man 3, and OH YEAH Fantastic Four and X-Men, and the absolute litany of characters they'll bring alongside their inclusion.

God DAMN.
Requoted from a Cap Marvel thread because the future of the MCU is fucking insane

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

it's fried... and then he proceeded to fall into a portal and teleport himself to farm planet. it still works lol

Requoted from a Cap Marvel thread because the future of the MCU is fucking insane

there's a million different directions they could still go. endless potential. black panther was big enough that he could replace stark no problem.

that said, I still don't think anyone is dying in Endgame.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I don't think you can follow Thanos up with Doom. I think Doom could be the apparent big bad for the first few movies, but then Galactus should show up. (also, doom should take over Sokovia, and rename it.)
I think you could have different overall villains for the cosmic and earthbound stories. You could have Doom or even Norman Osborn (if they go the Dark Reign route) as the main earthbound villain, and Galactus as the cosmic level threat, with both storylines colliding at some point.

Fraktur

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, but I thought as soon as the movie released the insanity would mellow out, instead it multiplied and I'm living in a parallel-universe where a 79% rt-score is an absolute disaster and people falling over themselves to find continuity errors. So I hope its bo-performance continues to be great, but even then I see this movie becoming the next TLJ.

No one has to like the movie or think it's perfect (it isn't), but there are people getting annoyed by the "Cap M will return..."-blurb at the end and at that point it's already far past legitimate criticism.

Edit: got rid of the spoiler, sorry

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: ug why did I promise to see this with a couple of friends.. They keep postponing it 😢

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So are we expecting the Captain Marvel sequel to...

Still take place in the past? It feels like there's a lot left for her to do out in space with Yon-Rogg and Ronan. I wonder if they'll set it around 5-8 years after the 1st movie? Her 3rd movie should be current day though and I'm sure she'll still pop up as a cameo in other characters movies to keep her fresh and modern.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think you could have different overall villains for the cosmic and earthbound stories. You could have Doom or even Norman Osborn (if they go the Dark Reign route) as the main earthbound villain, and Galactus as the cosmic level threat, with both storylines colliding at some point.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Don't make Doom the Thanos for phase 4-6, but absolutely he should be a multi movie threat. In an ideal world, FF would be a phase 4 movie, introduced Doom, who becomes the major threat for phase 4 and part of 5, then ff 2 introduces galactus, ff3 is silver surfer, with avengers 7/8 being the fight against Galactus.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what I meant. Don't make Doom the Thanos for phase 4-6, but absolutely he should be a multi movie threat. In an ideal world, FF would be a phase 4 movie, introduced Doom, who becomes the major threat for phase 4 and part of 5, then ff 2 introduces galactus, ff3 is silver surfer, with avengers 7/8 being the fight against Galactus.

We're likely not getting an avengers for 3+ years.

Also, ff is at least a 2022 movie.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
God Emperor Doom shits on Thanos and could absolutely be the overarching villain for 10 years of MCU. That's IF they go down the Hickman F4/Avengers/Secret Wars route.

which they ABSOLUTELY should

Avengers 5 - The Coming of Galactus would just be an appetizer for what's to come

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
You don't need the FF to make a Silver Surfer movie, with his origins, Galactus... Give the FF their own movie and then bring the surfer to earth in FF2, with Galactus coming.

Please go back and read what I wrote, then get back to me. Pay specific attention to the part where I said "in an ideal" world.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was the Agent Carter show? Was looking for something new to watch and realized I hadn't watched the show. Does Dominic Cooper show up a lot, or is he only in the pilot?

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
When did Captain find out that Buckey killed Tony's parents? Was it off screen after he rescued Buckey in Civil War?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
When did Captain find out that Buckey killed Tony's parents? Was it off screen after he rescued Buckey in Civil War?

It was one of the things Armin Zola showed him when he was in the bunker with Widow in Winter Soldier. He doesn't say that Bucky killed them(if I recall, he shows a picture of an article about Howard Stark, and says something like "Accidents can happen") but Zola did heavily imply that Hydra had them killed. I think what Cap was saying to Tony was that he knew his parents were killed, and he suspected it was by Bucky, but he didn't know for sure.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Emperor Doom shits on Thanos and could absolutely be the overarching villain for 10 years of MCU. That's IF they go down the Hickman F4/Avengers/Secret Wars route.

which they ABSOLUTELY should

I would love it if they went full Hickman and started seeding all kinds of insane multiverse/Beyonders/Black Swan/Rabum Alal insanity to set up a Secret Wars movie ten years from now. That would be amazing.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Just got back from CM, I gotta see it again. Not my top 5 but I connected with it, and carol. All that controversy was for nothing, there wasn't even any 'sjw'stuff in the movie.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
God Emperor Doom is something that I'd love to see on screen but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Edit 2: That audience score cant be right 32k votes in 2 days? After deleting 50k yesterday? 55% when thor dark world is at 76%? No way this movie is even close to divisive.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Doom ripping Thanos's skeleton out of his body is an idea so awesome that it basically writes itself.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So are we expecting the Captain Marvel sequel to...

Still take place in the past? It feels like there's a lot left for her to do out in space with Yon-Rogg and Ronan. I wonder if they'll set it around 5-8 years after the 1st movie? Her 3rd movie should be current day though and I'm sure she'll still pop up as a cameo in other characters movies to keep her fresh and modern.
I hope so...
Ronan's last line were really weird. Without further context, it's like... he never follows up on his threat. He just becomes a zealot against Xandar and dies by Infinity Stone.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Edit 2: That audience score cant be right 32k votes in 2 days? After deleting 50k yesterday? 55% when thor dark world is at 76%? No way this movie is even close to divisive.

55% is actually an improvement. It was in the 30s even after they purged tons of reviews, so I'm guessing some trolls kept trying to bring it down, but legitimate reviews are now also coming in and lifting the movie up. Will likely settle in the 70s. Hopefully more.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Man Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 cannot come soon enough. If I want some action to get me in the mood for Endgame, I've got the choice of either Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 for the 353466th time, or sleepwalking my way through Lego Marvel 2.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Captain Marvel was great.

And the Skrulls were done perfectly. It's making me even more excited for them to get FF and X-Men characters

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-trolled-the-trolls-with-a-455m-global-launch.104544

giphy.gif

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Man, despite having (what I assume to be) the shortest hiatus in MCU history? These next few weeks are going to feel like the longest wait time yet.

Mainly because we're all going to go nuts after that second trailer no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.