• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, how is the Namor situation? Is't it owned partially by Paramount? Can he have a standalone movie?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about it, the more it trips me out that Okoye was included in the Endgame poster. If she's in the poster that means she has an important role to play right? Could she had taken up the mantle of Black Panther in T'Challa's (and presumably Shuri's) absence?

So, how is the Namor situation? Is't it owned partially by Paramount? Can he have a standalone movie?
You mean Universal. And we don't know the exact details of the Namor situation. It would seem he's in a similar limbo as Hulk, but that's pure speculation on anyone's part.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
GfBay7Y.jpg

There it is.

Really interesting that Reynolds Deadpool is there. Who knows if it means anything.
Ha, wow, they probably had that pic set to go up right at midnight.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Been thinking about how they can introduce the F4 in a way that would make sense canonically and I think I have it.

What if the events of IW and the snap creates some sort of space anomaly that is only detected after the events of EG. The Fantastic 4 crew head out to research said anomaly and we get the comic origin but with the source of the cosmic rays being the infinity stones. They could tie this into the X-men and the activating of the mutant gene in man-kind if they'd like and then we have a reason why all of these super-powered individuals are showing up. This would also make sense given how Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Captain Marvel gained their powers through the stones.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A nice way to introduce F4 would be that they were in cryosleep deep in space mission but because of the snap members of the crew started to dust, and crash in some weird planet. 4 chambers open up and we see the first family coming out of them.

As for the X-Men: The Eternals after the snap they realized how weak mankind is and in order to prevent a similar event they'll mess around with the genetic code of a small portion of humans in order to give them special abilities.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A nice way to introduce F4 would be that they were in cryosleep deep in space mission but because of the snap members of the crew started to dust, and crash in some weird planet. 4 chambers open up and we see the first family coming out of them.

As for the X-Men: The Eternals after the snap they realized how weak mankind is and in order to prevent a similar event they'll mess around with the genetic code of a small portion of humans in order to give them special abilities.
How would the latter work for the origin stories of, say, Wolverine & Magneto?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be working at a movie theatre during Endgame and have blackout dates (meaning I can't take off) from April 25th to 28th....

Life is pain.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Here's Marvel's official synopsis for Endgame:

The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios' grand conclusion to twenty-two films, "Avengers: Endgame."

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
BBFC rated a new 1:33 "trailer" for Endgame yesterday. Could be a 90-second "special look" like Captain Marvel got when tickets went on sale.
screenshot2019-03-20axrjw4.png

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a shortened version of the existing trailer with most of the non-Endgame footage stripped.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How would the latter work for the origin stories of, say, Wolverine & Magneto?
Good question. For Wolverine you can make him a WWII Soldier captured by HYDRA and kept in one of those secret facilities like the one in "Civil War" for years. They experimented with the Super Soldier Serum (or a poor attempt to recreate it) and from that "Weapon X" program was born. Years go by, shit go sideways, every HYDRA soldier there was killed while Logan was comatose and from here you have 2 options: A)He remained there up until The Eternals messed up everything and he wakes up or B)He was rescued by SHIELD or some other government organization and they kept experimenting on him. I don't know, I feel like with this character you have quite a few good options and even you can link him to the past of the MCU.

And for Magneto I don't know. I think they'll change the origin story so from there you can go everywhere.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Good question. For Wolverine you can make him a WWII Soldier captured by HYDRA and kept in one of those secret facilities like the one in "Civil War" for years. They experimented with the Super Soldier Serum (or a poor attempt to recreate it) and from that "Weapon X" program was born. Years go by, shit go sideways, every HYDRA soldier there was killed while Logan was comatose and from here you have 2 options: A)He remained there up until The Eternals messed up everything and he wakes up or B)He was rescued by SHIELD or some other government organization and they kept experimenting on him. I don't know, I feel like with this character you have quite a few good options and even you can link him to the past of the MCU.

And for Magneto I don't know. I think they'll change the origin story so from there you can go everywhere.
Captain America is Weapon 1 in the comics. The whole Weapon X thing could work, but Wolverine was already a mutant before the program.

If Mutants are going to be a product of something the Eternals did, all they have to say is that they planted a lifeseed long ago and mutants have just developed the x-gene over time due to evolution, just like in the comics. This would have been done thousands of years ago, so having someone like Wolverine and Magneto already being mutants by WW2 really wouldnt be a problem. Just say they werent out in the open or were hiding their abilities.

The only thing they would have to explain regarding Magneto is how hes still alive since WW2 unless hes super old. Maybe he ages slower or something, i dunno. But WW2 is pretty important to his character overall.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Captain America is Weapon 1 in the comics. The whole Weapon X thing could work, but Wolverine was already a mutant before the program.

If Mutants are going to be a product of something the Eternals did, all they have to say is that they planted a lifeseed long ago and mutants have just developed the x-gene over time due to evolution, just like in the comics. This would have been done thousands of years ago, so having someone like Wolverine and Magneto already being mutants by WW2 really wouldnt be a problem. Just say they werent out in the open or were hiding their abilities.

The only thing they would have to explain regarding Magneto is how hes still alive since WW2 unless hes super old. Maybe he ages slower or something, i dunno. But WW2 is pretty important to his character overall.
I'm sure Marvel Studios will find a way to keep the core parts of Magneto's origin while having the idea of him existing in present day make sense.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BBFC rated a new 1:33 "trailer" for Endgame yesterday. Could be a 90-second "special look" like Captain Marvel got when tickets went on sale.
screenshot2019-03-20axrjw4.png

Edit: Nevermind, it's just a shortened version of the existing trailer with most of the non-Endgame footage stripped.

Ticket sales are rumored for April 2nd still, or could they be any day/hour now? Last year they were already well on sale by this point.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
My idea was to have the x-gene manifest incredibly rarely prior to any endgame/eternals fuckery. In one of those movies, something happens that makes it occur much more common, and you would have your mutants that don't need to have lived throughout ww2 and etc crop up during this time.

This was you could still have wolverine and magneto and etc have existed, and since they were in such small numbers, it's reasonable that they were never found throughout history.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
My idea was to have the x-gene manifest incredibly rarely prior to any endgame/eternals fuckery. In one of those movies, something happens that makes it occur much more common, and you would have your mutants that don't need to have lived throughout ww2 and etc crop up during this time.

This was you could still have wolverine and magneto and etc have existed, and since they were in such small numbers, it's reasonable that they were never found throughout history.

Couldn't it just be that everyone who comes back from the snap has mutant gene due to cosmic, infinity stone-y reasons. Then you'd have a huge spectrum of different people on Earth who all get their powers at different points in their life to choose from. Assuming that people remember the snap, of course, and Endgame simply doesn't reset the universe to the way it was before it ever happened. That would also leave a couple of years between Endgame and the mutant powers manifesting for a bit of in-universe bigotry/conspiracy to form against them.

You can always fall back on Hydra hijinks to explain guys like Magneto & Wolverine being much older than the snap too.

Dec 31, 2017
Just keep it simple. Their launch into space took place sometime between Age of Ultron and Ant-Man 2, presumed lost.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just give Magneto a secondary Mutation that decreases his aging.

Just keep it simple. Their launch into space took place sometime between Age of Ultron and Ant-Man 2, presumed lost.
I would just make them to Astronauts who launched into space in the 90s to look up the Kree Workholes, they felt into another dimension where time works different. The re-entry into earth atmosphere that takes place after Endgame gives them their powers -> Boom. Its all connected and faithful to the books.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Just give Magneto a secondary Mutation that decreases his aging.

I would just make them to Astronauts who launched into space in the 90s to look up the Kree Workholes, they felt into another dimension where time works different. The re-entry into earth atmosphere that takes place after Endgame gives them their powers -> Boom. Its all connected and faithful to the books.

Isn't this basically one of the plots to AoS S3.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It was bad back then, that was a long time before it suddenly became good :D Will watch it when the Series is complete and avaiable on Blu-Ray
A lot of people gave up on it early and don't know how good it got.

Not me though, I liked it from the beginning.

Yeah I know, it was pretty bad back then, just surprised to see someone already dropped it after the pilot. Really impressive how they managed to improve so much.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact we might have

Sandman
Hydro-Man
Molten Man

Without ANY structural consistency really bothers me. If they're part of a set they should read like part of a set! Just do all hyphens!

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people gave up on it early and don't know how good it got.

Not me though, I liked it from the beginning.
My problem is the hand-waiving away of why they never bother to inform the Avengers of the near-Thanos level threats they were facing in space. Also the thousands of inhumans supposedly running around the MCU.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe the final scene of Infinity War is Thanos fucking smiling at a sunrise.

Such a legendary movie.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
New Endgame "Honor" Tv Spot.

Doesn't give us any new footage, but I think it confirms Rocket is with the rest of the group wearing one of the quantum suits, even tho we don't get a good look at him.

Also, in the group shot, you can see Thor walking behind Cap. Bruce and Carol are the only ones who haven't showed up in quantum suits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.