• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I re-watched Ragnarok and Infinity War over the weekend. How does Banner know who Thanos is and that he wipes out half of a population when he doesn't even recognise Valkyrie. Even if we say he remembers the name and face of Thanos from the brief fight with Hulk he still never heard anything about him killing 50% of people at any time or being behind the New York attack. It's just a nitpick but I couldn't think of any scenario that explains it (unless he was Banner prior to the "We have the Hulk" moment).

Maybe thanos' goal is explained on the ship before infinity war starts

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I re-watched Ragnarok and Infinity War over the weekend. How does Banner know who Thanos is and that he wipes out half of a population when he doesn't even recognise Valkyrie. Even if we say he remembers the name and face of Thanos from the brief fight with Hulk he still never heard anything about him killing 50% of people at any time or being behind the New York attack. It's just a nitpick but I couldn't think of any scenario that explains it (unless he was Banner prior to the "We have the Hulk" moment).
They explained it to him off screen. That's why Hulk was ready to attack when Loki gave the signal.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i'm hoping comic book white eyes™ becomes stark tech and commonplace in the MCU. basically what he did for spidey's mask but better. logan gets his hands on it from the CANADIAN BLACK MARKET and incorporates it into his outfit.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I've got my eyes on my showtime for Endgame but now i'm worried that i'll have some trouble since i'll have to log onto two different A-list accounts and get lucky enough to get two tickets next to each other.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
fwiw, Disney's CinemaCon presentation is on Wednesday. I wouldn't expect too much on the Marvel front, but there might be some new Endgame footage (not released to the public, mind you), and some news about whatever is happening with New Mutants. I guess there's at least a chance that they might confirm Black Widow as their May 2020 release, given how close it is to starting production.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing my country, tickets won't actually be available here until at least 1 week after the US tickets go on sale.

Anyway, the month will go on quick with Star Wars Celebration on April 11, and maybe some Disney+ Marvel shows announced on that day as well (?)

Also spending all my spare-time reading books, so that helps.

Last month I rewatched Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
I really love the vision parts Scarlet Witch plays with, and how it connects to the rest of the MCU. And I need Quicksilver to get another shot!

fwiw, Disney's CinemaCon presentation is on Wednesday. I wouldn't expect too much on the Marvel front, but there might be some new Endgame footage (not released to the public, mind you), and some news about whatever is happening with New Mutants. I guess there's at least a chance that they might confirm Black Widow as their May 2020 release, given how close it is to starting production.
They won't confirm Black Widow, or any future MCU films until after Spider-Man: Far From Home has released, that much Kevin Feige has said. I also wouldn't count on anything New Mutants since it seems to be in a weird spot (they haven't filmed the reshoots yet), and I think they're evaluating what to do with the release.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY need to get my MCU rewatch started, but I also need to finish off these CW DC Netflix shows
Time to binge my ass off

Starting mine as soon as I wrap up my GoT rewatch. Nearing the end of S6 now.

Fuck, I can't wait. I haven't sat down and watched every movie released so far, in order, since before Avengers dropped in 2012. I remember thinking at the time it was crazy that there were enough movies that I could watch one most every night in a week. And being worried about how Whedon would manage to balance at least 6 heroes.

We've come so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Knowing my country, tickets won't actually be available here until at least 1 week after the US tickets go on sale.

Anyway, the month will go on quick with Star Wars Celebration on April 11, and maybe some Disney+ Marvel shows announced on that day as well (?)

Also spending all my spare-time reading books, so that helps.

Last month I rewatched Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
I really love the vision parts Scarlet Witch plays with, and how it connects to the rest of the MCU. And I need Quicksilver to get another shot!

They won't confirm Black Widow, or any future MCU films until after Spider-Man: Far From Home has released, that much Kevin Feige has said. I also wouldn't count on anything New Mutants since it seems to be in a weird spot (they haven't filmed the reshoots yet), and I think they're evaluating what to do with the release.

Black Widow starts filming in June, so I wouldn't take that part too literally

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Me and my girlfriend have gotten hooked on This Is Us so i'm not sure if i'll be able to do my 10 film re-watch :( might have settle for the condensed 5 film run-through.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try to snag Regal tickets on a guest account because I'm too lazy to make an actual account.

Livin life on the edge.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

My guess is that in Ragnarok, Banner is subconsciously aware of what is going on around Hulk. Banner does recognize Valkyrie, he keeps saying to her that she looks familiar. It would also explain why Banner is so elated when he sees Thor in Wakanda, because he's seen his super powered God of Thunder mode as Hulk.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to go with Hulk and Banner 'talking'....most of the time Hulk doesn't speak to puny Banner, but this time, he did. You can say that, pre-Ultron, Hulk was pure instinct, without much in the way of communication. Between New York and Ultron, communication starts to be established, more communication development happen during his time on Sakar. When we hit Infinity War, Hulk and Banner essentially have somewhat of a dialog. Or Hulk now 'allows' Banner to see what's happening.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
My guess is that in Ragnarok, Banner is subconsciously aware of what is going on around Hulk. Banner does recognize Valkyrie, he keeps saying to her that she looks familiar. It would also explain why Banner is so elated when he sees Thor in Wakanda, because he's seen his super powered God of Thunder mode as Hulk.
There is a difference between saying someone looks familiar but struggling to know why and saying Thanos wipes out half of populations, completely recognises Thanos, that he wants the six stones, that he orchestrated New York, has already got two stones (he collects the Space stone after Hulk is teleported out there so that's another little leap). Hulk doesn't seem smart enough to take all of that in in the few minutes they would have had.

I think it could be explained if Banner made an appearance on the refugee vessel, had things explained to him by Thor and Loki, then waited to spring the trap whenever Hulk was mentioned. There's just nothing to suggest Banner does appear between the end of Ragnarok and start of IW. It's just a nitpick, I know they needed to spell out a few details for the audience, it just doesn't quite fit.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, my local cinema chain (I'm in Uruguay) has a huge ass banner saying that Endgame presales being tomorrow.
We never have presales this early, and also never before the US does, so I'd guess you guys are getting yours available tomorrow-ish as well.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeah, this month is going to blow. So hyped for the movie.

Even got some new books; got Captain America Reborn by Brubaker and the new Immortal Hulk series by Ewing. Now there's a version of Hulk they'll never show on the big screen ^_^'

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a difference between saying someone looks familiar but struggling to know why and saying Thanos wipes out half of populations, completely recognises Thanos, that he wants the six stones, that he orchestrated New York, has already got two stones (he collects the Space stone after Hulk is teleported out there so that's another little leap). Hulk doesn't seem smart enough to take all of that in in the few minutes they would have had.

I think it could be explained if Banner made an appearance on the refugee vessel, had things explained to him by Thor and Loki, then waited to spring the trap whenever Hulk was mentioned. There's just nothing to suggest Banner does appear between the end of Ragnarok and start of IW. It's just a nitpick, I know they needed to spell out a few details for the audience, it just doesn't quite fit.

I think it fits pretty well.

If Banner de-Hulks after Ragnarok, only to call dude out again to take on Thanos, it'd be further fuel for Hulk's temper tantrum about feeling used.

The crime is the Russo's didn't just lay it out there for us, but Hulk's never been the type to lay in wait while someone sprung a trap. Banner waiting until the right moment to Hulk out makes the most sense.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
Yo marvel era.

What exactly is the opening night fan event? Is there an event before the movie or do you just get the extra trinket with your ticket?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

MIDDLE OF THE THEATRE

2D IMAX

PREVIEW NIGHT

giphy.gif

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this Hollywood movie poster designer breaks down movie posters. If you're interested in design you night find this worth a watch.

Honestly - this is just me saying this here - but watching this video after watching some of his others really makes the MCU posters look like shit by comparison - and that's next to contemporary posters that already look shit next to a lot of the vintage posters he compares them to.

He doesn't really give much positive or negative opinion on most of these but he does rightfully tear into this god-awful Homecoming poster.

A1CcbJfKqJL._SY679_.jpg

Good one to watch first:

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
They only have regular showings here. IMAX/Dolby showings are a double feature, dammit. Of course I'd watch IW again but 5+ hours in a cinema in too damn much.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Could not get tickets at my usual spot because of "an hour wait" so I went with a less convenient, less good screen, but at least in the center at 6pm rather than at the edges at 10.

Re: Tony's early return, speculation:

It's theorized the scene of Tony dying alone in the ship isn't him trying to get home from Titan. It may be Tony that sacrifices himself in the very end, not Cap. His message is recorded with the knowledge that Pepper survived, since he returned to Earth. With the insinuation that a digital copy of his personality is left behind in the armor to be found in the future.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Re: Tony's early return, speculation:

It's theorized the scene of Tony dying alone in the ship isn't him trying to get home from Titan. It may be Tony that sacrifices himself in the very end, not Cap. His message is recorded with the knowledge that Pepper survived, since he returned to Earth. With the insinuation that a digital copy of his personality is left behind in the armor to be found in the future.
That would go against all the "we're only showing clips from the 30 first minutes of the movie in trailer" claims, but heh, how would they date mislead us right?

Status
Not open for further replies.