• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Are people really paying $1000's for resale tickets or is that just an internet story that isn't actually true?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Rocket's new uniform in Endgame:

5ni3orw052r21.jpg

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Underdeveloped? Did you see Age of Ultron?

I'm not sure there is an underdeveloped Avenger among the original core. And the Russos have reamained adamant Hawkeye has a big role to play in Endgame, which should be obvious from the little footage we've seen.
He's still pretty underdeveloped despite AoU imo, but probably "underutilized" is more appropriate to describe him.
But yeah, I hope Endgame will allow him to shine more.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how productive I'll be at work the Thursday it comes out. I should've taken that day off too in addition to Friday.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
At the same time, two and half weeks seems incredibly close (hard to believe) but also so far away.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

"It'll be a while," Feige told io9 when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. "It's all just beginning and the five-year plan that we've been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it's much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they're home. That they're all back. But it will be a very long time."

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I can believe they have at least three years worth of movies planned but come on, it's the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. I'm sure they'll move some things around to make room.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I believe it. The way the have planned things out previously, it not like they would need new properties just to fill in the schedule. They must be really confident in what they have planned to not bother introducing some big names for the next 5 years.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel runs a tight ship and everything is planned out well in advance. They aren't going to sabotage themselves with knee jerk last minute inclusions in their bigger picture... they are playing the long game. It's why they make the big bucks and we are all in here having our butts firmly planted in the theaters.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's some huge twist we're not expecting for Endgame. Like after 2 hours of time travel shenanigans, Kang shows up like "Fuck are y'all niggas doing?"

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm certain there's an angle to this we just aren't seeing yet, but idk if Kang the Conqueror is showing up lmao
I feel like there's some huge twist we're not expecting for Endgame. Like after 2 hours of time travel shenanigans, Kang shows up like "Fuck are y'all niggas doing?"

As has been said to exhaustion, at the time of filming Kang was a Fox-owned character. They could not use him. To say nothing of the fact that after ten years and twenty-one movies suddenly throwing a second big bad on top of Thanos on top of all the other things that have to happen in this movie is ludicrous.

This movie is The Avengers vs. Thanos and trying to undo the snap. There's nothing more to it, and it's already stuffed full.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As has been said to exhaustion, at the time of filming Kang was a Fox-owned character. They could not use him. To say nothing of the fact that after ten years and twenty-one movies suddenly throwing a second big bad on top of Thanos on top of all the other things that have to happen in this movie is ludicrous.

This movie is The Avengers vs. Thanos and trying to undo the snap. There's nothing more to it, and it's already stuffed full.

It was sarcasm, sheesh lol

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
They surprised us with Red Skull last time, so instead of anticipating new characters, we should think about who we haven't seen in a while.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel runs a tight ship and everything is planned out well in advance. They aren't going to sabotage themselves with knee jerk last minute inclusions in their bigger picture... they are playing the long game. It's why they make the big bucks and we are all in here having our butts firmly planted in the theaters.

They did do a knee jerk last minute inclusion with Spider-Man, though... successfully.

Basically Feige can do no wrong. He could probably shoehorn the X-Men into the MCU in 2 years if he REALLY wanted to, and it would be just fine.

But I'm totally fine with them taking their time. We made it this far without the X-Men or F4, what's another phase? That schedule is already packed with stuff that sounds hella cool, and we haven't even seen anything other than Spidey 2.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They did do a knee jerk last minute inclusion with Spider-Man, though... successfully

There was nothing knee jerk about Spidey. Different case. They'd been in talks with Sony for years and wrote two different scripts for Civil War, just in case. Once the deal went through, waiting wasn't an option since Spider-Man is still Sony's property. Meaning Sony never would've consented to wait it out a few years, which is part of the reason Far From Home is releasing so close to Endgame.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
They did do a knee jerk last minute inclusion with Spider-Man, though... successfully.

Basically Feige can do no wrong. He could probably shoehorn the X-Men into the MCU in 2 years if he REALLY wanted to, and it would be just fine.

But I'm totally fine with them taking their time. We made it this far without the X-Men or F4, what's another phase? That schedule is already packed with stuff that sounds hella cool, and we haven't even seen anything other than Spidey 2.

I'm sure the scripts started the moment the deal closed.
as soon as some decent scripts get drafted, I'm sure cameos and schedule re-arrangements could start happening on the fly.

and I don't think I would exactly call the Spider-man inclusion a "last minute knee jerk reaction" considering they had an alternate script all ready to go should they get the greenlight, and I'm sure they probably have a few alternate script revisions in upcoming movies where it could fit to bring in F4 or X-Men characters too.

I really am hoping Quake shows up in endgame. Is that too much to ask?

You think it would be too much to ask to maybe have the Russos write/direct an episode or three of AoS S7 instead tho?

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
There was nothing knee jerk about Spidey. Different case. They'd been in talks with Sony for years and wrote two different scripts for Civil War, just in case. Once the deal went through, waiting wasn't an option since Spider-Man is still Sony's property. Meaning Sony never would've consented to wait it out a few years, which is part of the reason Far From Home is releasing so close to Endgame.

I know I bailed out of this thread but I instinctively went back in :')

That said, I wasn't aware this is the case. I thought it was real weird that Marvel is doing this hard lockdown on Avengers Endgame's story, but then we get a trailer for what comes after, FFM. It makes sense now that it's basically Sony's call and they didn't give a fuck LMAO

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
They surprised us with Red Skull last time, so instead of anticipating new characters, we should think about who we haven't seen in a while.
Ooh, just thought about it but what if Thanos brings back Ronan and we see a Carol vs Ronan fight! Red Skull can come back to fight Capt, Thor can take on Thanos and Tony can help tag team all 3.

I also feel like Ebony Maw will be back in one form or another.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Thanos isn't reviving the goon who turned on him in Guardians 1 lol
Shush, don't squash my dream.
Ronan is probably dead anyways but would be cool for everyone to fight there biggest enemies even if they were just reality stone illusions.

This Kimmel interview with the Avengers peeps is so cringey lol

Status
Not open for further replies.