• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't enjoy it as much is you guys did. I actually thought it was boring for the most part but I loved Brie as Carol and her interacting with Nick, and Monica. Can't wait to see her in Endgame.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy did they low key recon how
FTL travel worked? Seems like in Guardians they jsut had the standard hyperdrive, but since GOTG 2 it seems they recon as those portal thingies being the stanard

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Am I crazy did they low key recon how
FTL travel worked? Seems like in Guardians they jsut had the standard hyperdrive, but since GOTG 2 it seems they recon as those portal thingies being the stanard
I got from it that the hyperdrive is a new thing where you can basicly go anywhere you want because for now you are restricted by the portals that are located on fixed postion and the big advantage of the Skrull would be that you can go whereever you want while with only having the portals you have to be somewhere first before you can jump to there

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Cross-posting for the CM thread

Also, what the hell does this scene mean then?

So, Howard Stark and SHIELD found the Tesseract after Cap freezes in TFA.
So that means that Mar-Vell stole it (?) sometime after and used it to create the Lightspeed Drive? Was nobody on Earth looking for it? Wouldn't have SHIELD wanted to know where it had gone?

We need an official Tesseract timeline updated.

Earth > Red Skull > Stark and SHIELD > Mar-Vell(?) > On-Board with Skrulls > Inside Goose > SHIELD again > Loki > Asgard > Thanos
Sound right?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting for the CM thread

Wouldn't this just mean that Project Pegasus took it to utilize for experimental R&D with Lawson most likely knowing what she was playing with more than humans at the time. The Project is shut down so she does one last ditch flight which fails and the government assumed it's destroyed until Fury gets it back.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I got from it that the hyperdrive is a new thing where you can basicly go anywhere you want because for now you are restricted by the portals that are located on fixed postion and the big advantage of the Skrull would be that you can go whereever you want while with only having the portals you have to be somewhere first before you can jump to there
Yeah that's what I assumed it was. The movie doesn't really do a good job explaining the MacGuffin.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Wasn't Project Pegasus part of SHIELD? When Mar-Vell takes it, it's still technically in SHIELD custody.
Wouldn't this just mean that Project Pegasus took it to utilize for experimental R&D with Lawson most likely knowing what she was playing with more than humans at the time. The Project is shut down so she does one last ditch flight which fails and the government assumed it's destroyed until Fury gets it back.

Guess that makes sense.
New name for the tesseract is the fur-ball lol

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
3111542621_1_2_4VNHNLzM.gif

233d6d42ceafe5752e3ec1e012d7c5465c44ff0f_hq.gif

avengers-2-trailer-gif-31.gif

207375.gif

tumblr_pcpp35bV8F1qhjdd8o2_540.gif

SarcasticMintyHypacrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

DependentSentimentalAsiantrumpetfish-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
We know what Project Pegasus and Project Goliath were, so... any theories o what Project Exodus might be?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I still get this nagging feeling that despite it all Captain Marvel is gonna job to Thanos just to show everything is fucked.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeah, I geeked out during the Stan cameo.

I was the only one who did, I guess there weren't any Mallrats fans there

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Copying and pasting from a different thread:

Watched it Sunday afternoon in IMAX. Despite the latter fact, it was surprisingly packed considering IMAX is pretty expensive.

But as for my personally thoughts, loved it! Though I will say the story isn't exactly something to write home about. First act was pretty rough. But the acting was on point, the special effects were amazing, and the soundtrack was engaging. Looking forward to Brie Larson returning in Endgame!

And really loved the tribute to Stan Lee:

The Marvel Studios Logo harckening back to his many MCU cameos. Thank you Stan, indeed! Not to mention Carol taking the time to look at Stan and smiling at him too!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm now watching Ant Man and the Wasp for the first time.

It's been a long while since the first released and I recall little, so why aren't the Pyms on speaking terms with Rudd? I coulda sworn Hope and Scott were starting a fling and she was getting her prototype suit ready? Am I misremembering something?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm now watching Ant Man and the Wasp for the first time.

It's been a long while since the first released and I recall little, so why aren't the Pyms on speaking terms with Rudd? I coulda sworn Hope and Scott were starting a fling and she was getting her prototype suit ready? Am I misremembering something?
Civil War.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NO.

THIS IS AN ANTI-DC ZONE.

NO DC ALLOWED.

WHY? BECAUSE THIS IS AN ARBITRARY DIVISION AS PASSED DOWN THROUGH DECADES OF NERD CULTURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.