• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Infinity War tickets went on sale March 16 last year so we should be getting Endgame tickets very soon, I assume.

Tickets went on sale alongside the second trailer.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning toward Oscorp buying the tower, cause don't we only see them renovate the tower in the Spider-Man movies? To me, that's a pointer that they'll keep the tower Spider-Man related when it's done.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Dafoe in the MCU 👌👌👌

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Only reason I don't think it's Oscorp is this is gonna be a permanent fixture on the MCU NY skyline and there's always the odd chance that Spidey gets pulled out of the MCU when Sony decides they want to make prime Spider-Man movies again. I think it's the Baxter Building because I think introducing the FF through the Spider-Man movies is the way to go. Ideally, they first appear in the third MCU Spidey flick that gets confirmed through contract negotiations later this year.

That's just my own random speculation I don't actually know wtf I'm talking about

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I heard a rumor somewhere that Marvel was asking Sony to leave the green goblin alone, since they had plans for Norman Osborn. So I guess we'll see.

I think that rumor originated from the Silver & Black situation. Originally the movie had Norman Osborn as the villain. But after the script leaked and The Hashtag Show reported on it, that version of the movie was scrapped and they're doing separated Silver Sable and Black Cat movies now.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think that rumor originated from the Silver & Black situation. Originally the movie had Norman Osborn as the villain. But after the script leaked and The Hashtag Show reported on it, that version of the movie was scrapped and they're doing separated Silver Sable and Black Cat movies now.

Hmm, maybe. There's lots of rumors floating around, and I was kind of wondering why Marvel would have veto rights (or even the ability to ask Sony to not use Osborn). I guess we'll find out for sure in June.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Cap Marvoo was good but my top 5 still stands

1. Winter Soldier
2. Infinity War
3. Panther
4. Ragnarok
5. Guardians 1

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So apparently last night Scott Derrickson tweeted a photo of a comic panel featuring Doctor Strange and Namor. Moments later he deleted that said tweet. I was hoping to get Namor in "Black Panther 2" but I won't object to this at all! (of course this isn't confirmation of anything but why the hell would he do that?)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Pass. Save Namor as the villain for Black Panther 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I'd love to see a Namor solo film first all leading to a quasi-Secret Wars adaptation for BP2 pitting T'Challa and Namor/Wakanda and Atlantis against eachother.

shit would be amazing and all the pieces are in place. unfortunately it doesn't look like a Namor solo movie is happening any time soon. So... maybe Black Panther 3 :)

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently last night Scott Derrickson tweeted a photo of a comic panel featuring Doctor Strange and Namor. Moments later he deleted that said tweet. I was hoping to get Namor in "Black Panther 2" but I won't object to this at all! (of course this isn't confirmation of anything but why the hell would he do that?)
I am totally on board for Dr Strange fighting Cthulhu at the bottom of the sea.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Namor belongs in a Black Panther sequel imo. If they don't use him in that movie, then maybe that would be a good opportunity to introduce Storm into the MCU.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman news really makes me wish we had incursions in the MCU.

Though we did get the Black Order, so that was badass.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't believe that Disney doesn't have the capital to buy back whatever movie rights they want. It made sense when it was just Marvel but Disney should be able to get any deal done behind scenes.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't believe that Disney doesn't have the capital to buy back whatever movie rights they want. It made sense when it was just Marvel but Disney should be able to get any deal done behind scenes.
They do but other studios want A LOT and it's likely Disney doesn't want to give up a whole farm when they can just do a deal.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman news really makes me wish we had incursions in the MCU.

bruh it's coming! We gotta get to Annihilation first. And establish F4. And Doom. And the Illuminati. And lets not forget Living Tribunal...

Avengers 8 in 2035. Cap's gonna use that full gauntlet to stop an incursion and it won't do shit!

Feige is making Hickman come back so they have some new material for phase 5.

If true it's actually genius. Hickman is special and he just understands these characters at another level. At this point, considering the unfathomable success of the MCU, Marvel Comics primarily act as perfect storyboards and scripts for future MCU films. And even though they still have tons and tons of comic material to cover/adapt from the last 70 years of Marvel, you don't want to rest on your laurels and just stop producing new, stuff that fleshes out the characters and expands the universe even further.

Reading Hickman's run last year after watching Infinity War I saw like 5 MCU movies forming in my head. It was incredible.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Guess that could place Shang-Chi in 2021. And they'll take their sweet time finding a director for GotG3.

2019: Spider-Man: Far From Home
2020: Black Widow, Eternals
2021: Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi
2022: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

I really wonder how many projects Marvel Studios are gonna announce at an eventual slate reveal this Summer. Feige said they probably won't reveal five years worth content, so it could be they'll just announce all these projects we know are in development but haven't gotten formal announcements. Maybe they'll go up to 2023.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You also have to remember Disney + being a factor so this could end up there. BP 2 could go either way depending on Coogler plus Antman 3 might be confirmed after Endgame gets settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.