• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
hard difficulty: finding tickets for opening day

nightmare difficulty: finding tickets for imax on preview night. IN 2D
giphy.gif

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the great Marvel roles disappearing...

Gotta hurry up so I can play Manifold in the X-Men movie.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After all the shit they've been through? Wouldn't surprise me if they just put it all behind them as soon as they meet.
I can imagine it going
*awkward approach as everyone goes silent when they see each other*
"Mr stark"
"Captain..."
*hand on shoulder*
"It's good to see you"
"Yeah...so-"

And go right into the planning

Nice and quick and some emotional looks of tough and stubborn guys having a hard time expressing emotions but obviously caring about each other

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just listening to The Marvel Bunch all night, like I did before Infinity War. Marvel making me so happy.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Man, seeing the news about Shang-Chi and how the next couple of years of Marvel movies are shaping up but you still don't see anything about a Nova movie. *sigh*

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Steve: "Tony you've been gone a long time, did you get the UN's permission before going after Thanos?"

"Well, you see...Cap, I decided the UN didn't have jurisdiction in space....It's the united nations, not the united planets, so I just didn't talk to them before I decided to save the universe."

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
"Well, you see...Cap, I decided the UN didn't have jurisdiction in space....It's the united nations, not the united planets, so I just didn't talk to them before I decided to save the universe."
and fail.... Tony say the reason they go after Thanos to space is because element of surprise or something, but honestly, I got the feeling he go to space to avoid meeting Steve.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
and fail.... Tony say the reason they go after Thanos to space is because element of surprise or something, but honestly, I got the feeling he go to space to avoid meeting Steve.

And actually, the Avengers have free reign to act in the US, so he didn't need permission to engage in New York. And after that, it didn't matter.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Any source on this? It more looked that he didnt cared to get the permission, espescially since the threat was imminent.

I thought it's mentioned during civil war. I'd have to watch it again.

From the wiki:

Any enhanced individuals who sign are prohibited from taking action in any country other than their own, unless they are first given clearance by either that country's government or by a United Nations subcommittee.
  • Governments are forbidden from deploying enhanced individuals outside of their own national borders, unless those individuals are given clearance as described above. The same rule also applies to non-government organizations that operate on a global scale (including S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers).

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Sokovia_Accords

I mean, i dunno if that counts as canon, but it's the best I got.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
It feels weird that Captain Marvel won't be out on blu-ray/digital before Endgame releases. I'd have thought that releasing it earlier in cinemas and then a few weeks before Endgame for the home release would give sales a massive shot in the arm from everyone wanting to either re-watch or see it if they missed it.

Was it the same with Black Panther? Was that available at home before Infinity War was released?

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
It feels weird that Captain Marvel won't be out on blu-ray/digital before Endgame releases. I'd have thought that releasing it earlier in cinemas and then a few weeks before Endgame for the home release would give sales a massive shot in the arm from everyone wanting to either re-watch or see it if they missed it.

Was it the same with Black Panther? Was that available at home before Infinity War was released?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-blu-ray-release-date-set-may-1101209
No Infinity War was out for a little over 2 weeks before BP came out on home video

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Black Panther wasn't as necessary to IW as Captain Marvel is to Endgame. I think you got a perfectly good introduction to BP In Civil War, and while there are some other characters you wouldn't recognize (Shuri and Okoye (tho isn't she in Civil War?), amoung others) I feel like you wouldn't know who CM is unless you see her movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Black Panther wasn't as necessary to IW as Captain Marvel is to Endgame. I think you got a perfectly good introduction to BP In Civil War, and while there are some other characters you wouldn't recognize (Shuri and Okoye (tho isn't she in Civil War?), amoung others) I feel like you wouldn't know who CM is unless you see her movie.
None of the Avengers know who she is, either. Whatever scene introduces her to them will also introduce her to any audience members who haven't seen her film.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
CAPTAIN MARVEL IS A SUCESS
ENDGAME TRAILER RELEASES
FOX DEAL FINALISES SOON GIVING BACK THE XMEN
JAMES GUNN RETURNS

EVERY DAY IS A WINNER FOR THE MCU

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling so good about everything MCU now lol.

Back to being super duper excited for GotG3!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
And again...

This is why all the Marvel vs. DC fanboy nonsense is nonsense.

This is Hollywood. These folks aren't fighting a war. Why should we?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Hamill is probably more into the idea of appearing in GotG3 now as well, since that's a thing him and James Gunn was talking about over coffee. This probably also means Gunn gets to do more with the new GotG team and Adam Warlock in the future. Yas!

Status
Not open for further replies.