• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
And again...

This is why all the Marvel vs. DC fanboy nonsense is nonsense.

This is Hollywood. These folks aren't fighting a war. Why should we?

Because you can't like more than one thing at once. It's like having an Xbox and a Playstation, or even a Switch, and liking all of them! Who does that?

Being serious now, on the plus side this worked out superbly for Gunn. On the minus side Suicide Squad is 2021 IIRC so this GoTG 3 is likely a 2022 movie. 2 years after it was supposed to come out. On the plus side again he can tweak the script for some of the Fox characters. Maybe introduction of Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess Guardians will indeed be the first MCU trilogy with the same director the whole way through.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That whole thing about James Gunn being the architect of Cosmic Marvel post-phase 4 was not accurate according to Feige.

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/02/22/ke...-side-of-the-mcu-was-blown-out-of-proportion/

All we know about Gunn's potential plans post-GOTG3 is that he wanted to do Thunderbolts. Who knows if it was ever really in the cards though.

He said that when Gunn was "fired", though. Felt like damage control. I bet he really does have a big influence on the cosmic stuff.

Thunderbolts might happen, but god damn with all the Fox properties a proper Annihilation movie is in the cards now. Adam Warlock stuff. Silver Surfer and much much more.

Exciting times ahead

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"Well, you see...Cap, I decided the UN didn't have jurisdiction in space....It's the united nations, not the united planets, so I just didn't talk to them before I decided to save the universe."

Random Avenger: So. Carol, I was wondering why you never help out at any of the past 20 or so events that happened over the last 10 years.

Carol: Have you heard about the Inter-Planetary Accords? I had to sign that and they decreed that Earth was a backward planet that didn't deserve any help. I didn't know before I signed /shrug. So I've only been back for vacations only. This time it's different.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Thunderbolts is still on the table for Gunn if he's doing Suicide Squad. Very, very similar thematic ground.

But I guess GOTG is pretty close, too, so who knows.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CAPTAIN MARVEL IS A SUCESS
ENDGAME TRAILER RELEASES
FOX DEAL FINALISES SOON GIVING BACK THE XMEN
JAMES GUNN RETURNS

EVERY DAY IS A WINNER FOR THE MCU
snake-MGS5-rubbing-ashes-on-face-ashes-weird-14473278810.gif

Incredible week to be an MCU fan.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Good week for the MCU.

I'm not sure Thunderbolts is still on the table for Gunn if he's doing Suicide Squad. Very, very similar thematic ground.

But I guess GOTG is pretty close, too, so who knows.

You never know. I'm sure Feige would give Gunn Thunderbolts if he wanted it. I do believe Marvel will do the property eventually in the span of 10 years.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
This makes me a lot happier to support the MCU. Also, with the upcoming lineup, I don't see why Endgame would tease F4 or the X-Men in the credits scenes. With the upcoming slate of movies, the Fox properties are at least 3-5 years away. Why rush that scene right after the deal closes just to tease something so far off? If they tease anything, it will likely be an intermediate story before those properties dominate. I could easily see a setup to the Eternals here since Thanos is one.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me a lot happier to support the MCU. Also, with the upcoming lineup, I don't see why Endgame would tease F4 or the X-Men in the credits scenes. With the upcoming slate of movies, the Fox properties are at least 3-5 years away. Why rush that scene right after the deal closes just to tease something so far off? If they tease anything, it will likely be an intermediate story before those properties dominate. I could easily see a setup to the Eternals here since Thanos is one.

well avengers 1 teased thanos, and that wasn't paid off until 6 years later

I think people want a similar tease, something that has implications on MANY upcoming stories, not just the next one on the release schedule. An X-Men or F4 teaser fits the bill.

but yeah I could see an Eternals tease happening too.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding the Gunn news: I am indifferent because I didn't really like GOTG2. Hopefully the third will be an improvement.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers are gonna deliver the hardest and most epic asswhopping that cinema has ever seen.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Flame war" is a colloquial phrase describing abusive debates in forums or social media. When MHWilliams said "war", this is most likely what he's alluding to and not literal armed conflicts.

I'm aware. I'm not an idiot.

Which is why I made my larger point about calling the companies innocent of such themselves naive as hell.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So quick question, and sorry if this has been asked, but how many of the MCU films are viewable on Canadian Netflix?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the companies officially hurl angry insults at each other over social media? Honest question; I don't follow these kind of news.

Hit Google anytime you want. Their rivalry is well-documented.

It's not what it once was, but they're obviously still competitors, however magnanimous they are with the press. So looking down at debates between fans of one or both because "the companies don't even care" has always been silly to me. Of course they care. That doesn't mean they can't both co-exist, or that workers of one won't ever work for the other, though.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hit Google anytime you want. Their rivalry is well-documented.

It's not what it once was, but they're obviously still competitors, however magnanimous they are with the press. So looking down at debates between fans of one or both because "the companies don't even care" has always been silly to me. Of course they care. That doesn't mean they can't both co-exist, or that workers of one won't ever work for the other, though.
I mean, when thinking about "flame wars" I think about the kind of substanceless exchanges where they just badmouth each other with little sense, calling the other side's fans as idiots with no taste or something, with seething rage and hateful language. It goes way above the realm of "competition" or "rivalry", and definitely feels like they're fighting a specific battle the companies are not even in.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I asked this in the spoilers thread but didn't get an answer (very minor spoilers follow). Why do the Skrulls take Carol's shoes/boots in the beginning of the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.