• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
* by this Alex means

Captain-Marvel.gif

There's a new Cap in town. Higher, faster, further, baby.

Why would Carol lift the hammer? It fits perfectly within Steves arc.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
A Hulk/Captain Marvel Fastball Special would be pretty hype.
Pwebape.jpg

What's with this art? If she's throwing him at the planet then why doesn't her right arm move between panel 2 & 3? There's no movement conveyed between those 2 panels, it's horrible. It's like the artist screwed up her left and right arms in panel 3 and her right should be the one facing down. Am I just reading it wrong?

That Black Panther mask though, God he looked good in Civil War. Like, top 3 favourite suits of the MCU. That suit plus a cape would be *chef kiss*

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking Kevin Feige would rush to cast someone who will be in 10+ years of movies for a fan service cameo.
Well, remember Thanos? Even though it's wish fulfillment through and through, there is a chance that we could get some glorified standin to model the next big bad and Feige doesn't actually cast said villain till sometime down the line.

But, I'm partial to the theory someone mentioned here that the post-credits scene would be one of hope, which teases the next wave of heroes like Kamala Khan or Ironheart and so on.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see them teasing Eternals with an actual cast and something like FF4 and X-Men through imagery and not actual people.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Well, remember Thanos? Even though it's wish fulfillment through and through, there is a chance that we could get some glorified standin to model the next big bad and Feige doesn't actually cast said villain till sometime down the line.

But, I'm partial to the theory someone mentioned here that the post-credits scene would be one of hope, which teases the next wave of heroes like Kamala Khan or Ironheart and so on.

It'll be probably something like that, and then probably something to tease one of the two movies coming out next year.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I mean all they'd have to do is some cheeky play on making Stark Tower into Baxter Tower.

Scene:
Tony pulls up to the former Stark Tower
Tries to get access to the building and is denied.
Frustrated he then calls Happy.
Tony: What is going on why can't I get into MY building?
Happy: Your building? You told me to sell it so it's been sold.
Tony: SOLD!? A man saves the universe and comes back to his things being sold? Well who the hell did you sell it to?
Happy: Some guy named Noah Baxter

End scene

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I mean all they'd have to do is some cheeky play on making Stark Tower into Baxter Tower.

Scene:
Tony: SOLD!? A man saves the universe and comes back to his things being sold? Well who the hell did you sell it to?

End scene

Unless it's now the Oscorp tower and that's who Sonny Burch was working for.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. We won't get our first taste of mutants and F4 until next year at the earliest imo.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Unless it's now the Oscorp tower and that's who Sonny Burch was working for.
That could also make sense but a scene in the spirit of that could be perfectly plausible and incite massive hype.

I still don't think we get anything relating to the Fox deal until Far From Home but I also don't think they need to cast anyone in order to do a teaser.

Oct 31, 2017
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. We won't get our first taste of mutants and F4 until next year at the earliest imo.

I agree. Black Widow is the earliest one can realistically expect some kind of cameo/introduction. Easter eggs and some random nods may happen before then, but that's it. No wolverine clawing the screen or Dr. Doom laughing in a post credit scene this year.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
We've already seen that Avengers Tower is under construction in the Far From Home trailer. I'm pretty sure the new owner will be linked to Far From Home's plot somehow.

With how linked the building has been made with the Spider-man films and the rumors of a Dark Avengers script being thrown around I'd be genuinely surprised if the new owner is not Osborn. I doubt it's going to be something that can be changed to a minor Fantastic Four reference at the last second, this seems to be something where the wheels have been in motion for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
It's entirely possible for them to throw in a verbal reference to something X-Men or F4 related. Peter gets an invitation to apply for an after-school internship at the Baxter Building located where Avengers Tower once stood. A tv in the background plays a news story about a rise in superpowered incidents in the last few months. etc.

We won't get any more than that until next year.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Just have Spider-Man catching some gang members, and we see they're on Yancy Street...

About Peter, what will be his first quip when he'll reappear ?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if there's any teasing about the X-Men or F4 in Endgame or FFH, I expect it to be similar to the vague Spiderman tease we got at the end of Ant-Man.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I believe they probably won't include any sort of Fox IP reference, I mean look how long it took them to reference Spider-Man. Remember this fake AoU post-credits?

But really, how hard is it to have a SNIKT in the post-credits.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Maybe the plan to introduce Wolverine in a different way?

Introduce him like in the comics, trying to take down the Hulk.
Or Feige produce Alpha Flight, and maybe even wait for Alpha Flight 2 to do the "wanted: wolverine! Dead or alive!" story where they try to get Logan back into service for the Canadian gov. And they confront his new team... The X-Men.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine them pulling a Thanos and teasing someone primarily through CG.

Like, a castle hallway and the swoop of a green cape. Or a quiet space scene where a streak of silver or giant purple hand passes by the screen. Or a dirty looking fella in the woods, mostly in shadow, no faces, and a quick flash of claws.

Not sure if they would - I wouldn't be disappointed if they don't - but it's doable.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So, are the MCU films now being classified into Phases and Sagas?
Who said Sagas? That entire thread is wrong. Kevin Feige didn't talk about an 'Infinity Saga', Empire Magazine did. And it wasn't related to Phases 1-3. It was Empire calling Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame the 'Infinity Saga'.

But it's always been Phases.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I know the chances of getting Laura as the next Wolverine are slim and even slimmer are the chances of Dafne Keen returning but hear me out: Wolverine series on Disney + (which apparently is the way they'll introduce it to the MCU) starring Dafne Keen. 5 years later, Deadpool 3 with her. That movie writes itself.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if/when SPE were to get acquired, if Disney has a plan to swoop up at least the Spider-Man film rights.

(I still want to know if they have plans to get bad whatever rights Comcast has via trading Fox properties.)

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Scene:

End scene
This

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if/when SPE were to get acquired, if Disney has a plan to swoop up at least the Spider-Man film rights.

(I still want to know if they have plans to get bad whatever rights Comcast has via trading Fox properties.)

The rights were transferable in the 2011 contract, though that could have been changed in 2015.

SM rights may be negotiated at any time. Sony has shown interest in Fox Sports Brazil (and presumably Mexico), Endemol Shine, and they already said they will be buying the DIS - SNE mexican movie distribution JV. Disney has leverage if they want to acquire all SM rights from Sony. The question is if they want to, and how bad do they want it.

Comcast Marvel rights will only be talked about and possibly reacquired if Disney buys Comcast's 30% interest in Hulu IMO.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I know the chances of getting Laura as the next Wolverine are slim and even slimmer are the chances of Dafne Keen returning but hear me out: Wolverine series on Disney + (which apparently is the way they'll introduce it to the MCU) starring Dafne Keen. 5 years later, Deadpool 3 with her. That movie writes itself.

Keene's busy with His Dark Materials tv show.

Status
Not open for further replies.