• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
All kidding aside, is there an example of ant-man expanding inside of anything that he's bigger than at full size? I haven't seen ant-man and the wasp (waiting for my complete playthrough) but don't mind spoilers about that in particular.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Iron Man 1, I couldn't help but notice all the real life parallels between:

- RDJ and his demons with Tony Stark and his demons (arms dealing). This one came up even when the movie first came out, but they've only become more clear 10 years later with RDJ becoming literally the highest paid actor on the planet.
- Tony and the creation of Iron Man with Feige and the creation/rise of the MCU. This definitely becomes clear only now after the MCU has become what it's become.

I wasn't even actively looking for them but they were just jumping out at me left and right.

And then you have this fucking legendary scene:

I just picture Obadiah as every CEO of every film studio in 2012 fast tracking their own cinematic universe after the success of the Avengers. And the lab dudes are, like... the guys tasked with creating the Dark Universe.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel are auctioning off all of the props and costumes from the Netflix Marvel shows. One really shouldn't expect these shows to return.

MAn I'm really gonna miss Daredevil.
53924492_2772242506149707_7081924020496498688_o.jpg

New banner from HK
Their gonna set a new WW record ow.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Since people keep bringing up IM1...

I remember being one of only like five people sitting through the credits to see Nick Fury at the end, and how it felt like I was in on something special that nobody else understood yet. Now, pretty much everybody stays until the end, especially the opening weekend crowds.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I just picture Obadiah as every CEO of every film studio in 2012 fast tracking their own cinematic universe after the success of the Avengers. And the lab dudes are, like... the guys tasked with creating the Dark Universe.

"Marvel and Feige was able to make this in a few years...! With a box of B and C-tier characters!"

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OH THAT'S why she's shown at the end! Jesus, I wondered why she got featured, when she'd never been in the movie before.

I'd read stuff about her being set up to be a love interest, with a description of Stan Lee's cameo, but never actually seen the footage.

I love anytime we get to see Steve the artist too.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'd read stuff about her being set up to be a love interest, with a description of Stan Lee's cameo, but never actually seen the footage.

I love anytime we get to see Steve the artist too.

I hadn't hear, she just shows up, gets a slo-mo reaction shot to Cap for what appears to be no reason, and gets a quote on tv at the end. And it's just like "who the heck is she?" I'm glad I saw this, as it gives context. I kind of wish they'd kept it in, but since she doesn't appear anywhere else, maybe it's better this way. (also, I like Sharon Carter better.)

Yeah, that part was neat too. I didn't even know he was an artist in the MCU, unless i missed it the first avenger.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny that Steve is drawing Avengers Tower when it isnt actually there in the clip

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
OH THAT'S why she's shown at the end! Jesus, I wondered why she got featured, when she'd never been in the movie before.
Whedon loves having a nobody have a sub-sub-plot in his movies but they always get deleted. Avengers had the waitress, Age of Ultron had that mom, which all were cut, but he finally got one in there for Justice League.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
All those people complaining about having to go and pee during the movie; as if they weren't going to see it more than once anyway.

I drink a lot during any movie and pee more frequently than most, so I'm the guy that always misses something, but honestly, it's never that big of a deal. Movies that I really care about not missing anything, I see them again, regardless of whether I miss something the first time or not.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
All those people complaining about having to go and pee during the movie; as if they weren't going to see it more than once anyway.

I drink a lot during any movie and pee more frequently than most, so I'm the guy that always misses something, but honestly, it's never that big of a deal. Movies that I really care about not missing anything, I see them again, regardless of whether I miss something the first time or not.
Tbf, you're forgetting about those with kids, 3 hours is a long time

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. At least she had a small part in the movie, so she was actually foreshadowed
I remember instantly thinking that she probably had a deleted scene or something because in the movie there's this weird zoom into her where her face takes up the whole frame. It was such a "remember this character?" shot. lol

[edit]

08qaSXD.png

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a hard time holding it in at all, but suddenly needing to pee and having to focus on it can really detract from my experience. If I know I'm really not gonna wanna miss anything, I cut myself off liquids a few hours before showtime and visit the restroom before I walk to my seat, which always gets me through. I stopped at noon for Infinity War last year lol and I'll do the same for EG.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I always go about 6 hours straight without peeing at work, so I've no issue holding it off for 3 hours. I also make sure to not drink a lot of water, pee right as I get to the theater and then pee again while the trailers are showing. It's been a long time since I had to hold it while watching a movie at the theater.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
Rewatching Iron Man 1, I couldn't help but notice all the real life parallels between:

- RDJ and his demons with Tony Stark and his demons (arms dealing). This one came up even when the movie first came out, but they've only become more clear 10 years later with RDJ becoming literally the highest paid actor on the planet.
- Tony and the creation of Iron Man with Feige and the creation/rise of the MCU. This definitely becomes clear only now after the MCU has become what it's become.

I wasn't even actively looking for them but they were just jumping out at me left and right.

And then you have this fucking legendary scene:

It blew my mind to find out that the scientist is the kid from A Christmas Story.

Oct 31, 2017
The only part 2 of any MCU movie that's universally seen as better than part 1 is Captain America. Ironman 2, Thor 2, GoTG2, Ant Man 2, Avengers 2 are all generally thought to be worse than their predecessor. Should we expect stinkers for Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
To be a little fair to IM2 and GOTG2, the first movie in their series is really good. The first avenger was seen as a bit of a dud. Winter Soldier is one of the best movies in the MCU. I think CM is a bit like The First Avenger, and we'll probably get a great follow up.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The only part 2 of any MCU movie that's universally seen as better than part 1 is Captain America. Ironman 2, Thor 2, GoTG2, Ant Man 2, Avengers 2 are all generally thought to be worse than their predecessor. Should we expect stinkers for Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2?
Agree with all of that expect for Ant Man & Wasp. Thought it was a lot more fun, had much better pacing, and kinda liked that it wasn't another end of the world flick.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
agreed, really don't understand how that film gets so much backlash.

I think people had high expectations for Guardians 2, and when the movie didn't reach those (possibly unrealistic) expectations, people judged it a bit too harshly. I don't think it's as good as the original, but it certainly doesn't deserve to be in the same breath as Thor 2, or even Iron Man 2, which I like.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The only MCU sequel I liked less than the previous one is Iron Man 2. Thor 2 had a better performance from Portman and felt much less awkward. Avengers 2 wasn't great but I think the first Avengers is one of the weakest MCU movies. Ant Man 1 was by far my least favorite but the sequel was actually really fun.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool deleted scene from Avengers. Can't believe I've never seen this.

I'd always liked the idea of these scenes, but now that I see it in full, I think Whedon made the right call. Fury's "It's won by soldiers" line cutting to Steve hammering the bag in the gym I think makes for a more impactful introduction for Cap in this movie than having Steve mope around a bit for a couple minutes. It's a nice little character moment in its own right but gets in the way of the flow, imo.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'd always liked the idea of these scenes, but now that I see it in full, I think Whedon made the right call. Fury's "It's won by soldiers" line cutting to Steve hammering the bag in the gym I think makes for a more impactful introduction for Cap in this movie than having Steve mope around a bit for a couple minutes. It's a nice little character moment in its own right but gets in the way of the flow, imo.

I agree. I like the scene too, it shows how alone Cap is in today's world, but the cut in the movie is really well placed.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's always funny to me how long Avengers takes to get going. It feels really, really deliberately paced. It knows that, despite most having watched the four component films, that wasn't a given and they had to carefully introduce each member anyway.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It's always funny to me how long Avengers takes to get going. It feels really, really deliberately paced. It knows that, despite most having watched the four component films, that wasn't a given and they had to carefully introduce each member anyway.

I wish Ultron did that too. The assembling phase is really exciting to me.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
She was also in that building where the Chitari were going to throw a gernade into the crowd but Cap throws it out the window instead or something.

That scene was pretty nice. Feels like it might have fit better in a Cap solo movie.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
She was also in that building where the Chitari were going to throw a gernade into the crowd but Cap throws it out the window instead or something.

That scene was pretty nice. Feels like it might have fit better in a Cap solo movie.

Yeah, I remembered that bit too. It also makes more sense having seen the deleted scene.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I give the edge to Guardians 2 because of how well all the emotional scenes land. That last scene is still, by far, the most emotionally impactful scene of the entire MCU.

A lesser director could've made all of that eyerolly but it works so with because of Gunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.