• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
endgameo7jox.jpg

Kinda like this promo. Although Hulk should be going wraaaaa and remove the 'A'.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Did I say screw Best Buy and their $35 a pop 4K Captain America steelbooks and instead import the collection for way less from Amazon UK?

3e5782c028ae583232c0b9b285c72e21.png

I sure as hell did.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I don't know if the placement of Dr Strange and Black Panther (besides both being before Infinity war, and BP after Civil War) is that important. Going by the on screen text, Homecoming hasn't even happened yet :) (yes, I know they've retconned it) I've seen stupidly complex time lines, such as this one:

image.jpg

My favorite is 23 through 27. As if you need to watch the first 10 episodes of AoS season 3 to get the context for DD season 2. Or that episodes 20-22 of season 3 of AoS won't make sense unless you've seen Civil War.
Shouldn't Captain Marvel be #4 on that list, not #48?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I haven't bought any MCU physical Blu-rays in anticipation of the inevitable Infinity Saga collection with all 22 movies including Endgame in a nice collectible package. Anyone else doing the same?

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I haven't bought any MCU physical Blu-rays in anticipation of the inevitable Infinity Saga collection with all 22 movies including Endgame in a nice collectible package. Anyone else doing the same?

There was that awesome Tesseract briefcase for Phase 1. Did they do anything for Phase 2?

Oh man, I just realized that they could make a giant Infinity Gauntlet to hold the movies. *drool*

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Then you may not be buying any MCU movies. Physical media is dying off and there's literally only ONE disc duplication facility left in North America. That's why stuff like the 4K 2001 was delayed and other releases get REALLY hard to find after the initial print runs.

With only one facility left to produce discs for every single release, a big 22 movie boxed set may be too much to wish for.

"I'm waiting for the 22 movie boxed set" is going to be the new "I'm waiting for the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair DVD"

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
There was that awesome Tesseract briefcase for Phase 1. Did they do anything for Phase 2?

Oh man, I just realized that they could make a giant Infinity Gauntlet to hold the movies. *drool*

My quick google brought up this:
l0fjfukqmpxp0rtdyqm2.jpg

Then you may not be buying any MCU movies. Physical media is dying off and there's literally only ONE disc duplication facility left in North America. That's why stuff like the 4K 2001 was delayed and other releases get REALLY hard to find after the initial print runs.

With only one facility left to produce discs for every single release, a big 22 movie boxed set may be too much to wish for.

"I'm waiting for the 22 movie boxed set" is going to be the new "I'm waiting for the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair DVD"
I didn't know that but do you really think Marvel wouldn't take the time to do a limited edition collectible set? Even if they were to break it up into 3 sets that needed to be ordered separately?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I didn't know that but do you really think Marvel wouldn't take the time to do a limited edition collectible set? Even if they were to break it up into 3 sets that needed to be ordered separately?

Again, how would they produce it? The single disc duplication facility in North America is in Mexico and they're operating at full capacity as they're the only place where every single new DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K is produced. Disney coming in and saying "We need to produce a million 22-movie boxed sets" would practically shut down all other disc releases.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Again, how would they produce it? The single disc duplication facility in North America is in Mexico and they're operating at full capacity as they're the only place where every single new DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K is produced. Disney coming in and saying "We need to produce a million 22-movie boxed sets" would practically shut down all other disc releases.
So do you think they will just do a Phase 3 only set and call it a day?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
link here. They're also reporting that Jolie is playing the rumored lead of Sersi rather than a supporting character, which surprises me tbh
Sorry, I forgot the link. I was waiting for a THR tweet heh. I'm glad Angelina is probably gonna be Sersi. Kumail will hopefully also be one of the Eternals. Maybe Makkari? I'm so up for a superfast runner.

Eternals definitely my most anticipated MCU film with GotG3.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we eventually get to Joe Fixit Hulk and we get promotional art of Hulk in a zoot suit.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be crazy when Marvel Studios officially announces Black Widow and The Eternals to the public and then the wait time from there will be (relatively) short.

After waiting about what, half a decade for Captain Marvel and both Infinity War films, getting official announcements and then only having to wait a year for the films (and shorter for the first trailer) is going to feel good.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking we will get that Avengers HQ clip they've been showing off at the shareholder meeting, at cinemacon and at Disney lot, sometime next week. There'll be MCU actors on Good Morning America all week, starting with the Original Six on Monday. 🤔

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think this is likely by any means, but it's an interesting line of speculation nonetheless. I also don't think it's impossible that Marvel could fast-track a Deadpool MCU movie to keep Reynolds happy, at least for 2021.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think this is likely by any means, but it's an interesting line of speculation nonetheless. I also don't think it's impossible that Marvel could fast-track a Deadpool MCU movie to keep Reynolds happy, at least for 2021.

The THR article from yesterday about Kumail Nanjiani being in Eternals said that Eternals is "one of two features that Marvel is prepping to shoot this year." Shang-Chi's script isn't even done I don't think. They don't have anything else in development that's advanced enough to begin shooting for a 2020 release and they didn't get Gunn back fast enough to put GoTG 3 back in a 2020 slot so yeah...it's pretty unlikely. It's just going to be BW and Eternals.

I think some wires have been crossed here and it might actually be some stuff for BW or something.

Last edited:

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone like to take the Endgame OT from me? I'm having some issues and I can't do it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Also, Brie and Rudd got to see Star Wars Land at Disneyland.

It also shows that Iger isn't the best at this social media thing, tagging some random fan account for the land, ha.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any confirmation as to whether Spider-Man Far From Home is considered the last film in Phase 3 (akin to Ant-Man in Phase 2), or whether its the first in the next line up?

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
It's supposed to be post Phase 3/Phase 4.

Ah cool, thanks.

Why would a spiderman movie be the end of a phase?

Why would an Ant-Man movie be at the end of a phase either? To me, the distinction between one or the other kinda offers a hint as to how it ties into the overarching series narrative. Ant-Man in retrospect allowed phase 2 to end with a more light hearted palate cleanser, and also enabled Phase 3 to start with Civil War, which felt more appropriate as an opener is it laid a lot of ground work for phase 3, such as the accords, Tony and Caps relationship etc.

If Spider-Man were part of phase 3, I'd expect they felt it in some way will act as a thematic epilogue to the Inifinty Saga, rather than the opening of a new part of the narrative. Being the opener of the post phase 3 set of films is a lot more interesting to me, as I expect they will introduce a lot of themes and elements that will be picked up on going forward.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Doctor Strange was still on Netflix. I have a crazy urge to rewatch it.

I went through GoTG 1 + 2 as well as Infinity War again. I love the cosmic marvel stuff. The worlds they create are gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.