• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Again, how would they produce it? The single disc duplication facility in North America is in Mexico and they're operating at full capacity as they're the only place where every single new DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K is produced. Disney coming in and saying "We need to produce a million 22-movie boxed sets" would practically shut down all other disc releases.

I'd like to imagine that the franchise single handedly responsible for keeping the casette tape industry alive will also work hard to keep the blu ray/physical movie release industry alive :P

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The last mystery character is your pediatrician telling you that you need to lose weight after eating so many happy meals, as you try to collect them all.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Far From Home is part of the next phase, I think.

The language about it is similar to Ant-Man's, admittedly, where Feige and co. dubbed it the epilogue of Phase 2.

All we really know about Far From Home is that it begins mere moments after Endgame and is supposed to set the tone for a post Endgame MCU.

Personally, I think it's part of the next phase, just because it only really makes sense to end the Infinity Saga with Endgame's conclusion. At least Ant-Man had the angle that it was setting up a minor character to appear in Civil War a few months later (wow, we really didn't have to wait long for Scott to appear with the team. It feels like we had to wait two years for that payoff, but it wasn't even one).

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
It's not. They said it was initially because they wanted to set off phase 3 with civil war, but it's not. Ultron was the end of phase 2.

Not just objectively....

Feige explicitly said that it was the endcap of Phase 2
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ant-man-saga-paul-rudd-804566
How does Ant-Man fit into what you call the Phase Three cycle of Marvel movies?

FEIGE It really is the movie that closes out Phase Two. Phase One ended with Avengers. So some people thought that Phase Two would end with an Avengers film. But the truth is, there is so much in Ant-Man: introducing a new hero, introducing a very important part of technology in the Marvel universe, the Pym particles. Ant-Man getting on the Avengers' radar in this film and even – this is the weirdest part, you shouldn't really talk about it because it won't be apparent for years – but the whole notion of the quantum realm and the whole notion of going to places that are so out there, they are almost mind-bendingly hard to fathom. It all plays into Phase Three. It became very clear that Ant-Man is the pinnacle and finale of Phase Two and Captain America: Civil War [May 6] is the start of Phase Three.[/quote]

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I don't give a fuck what Feige said. Ant-Man is phase 3.
tenor.gif

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man is the close of Phase 2 to me.

But I mean, I don't know why we're arguing about it. Feige already said what it is lol the rest is just fans debating.

Yeah. Phase 2 ends with Ultron. If you want proof, just watch the movies.

Civil War is a better start to Phase 3. Introduces us to the New Avengers, brings in Black Panther and Spider-Man, gets Ant-Man with the team, and results in the schism between the Avengers that leads to their defeat at the hands of Thanos.

Ant-Man opening up the next phase makes less sense than him closing out the previous one, in my opinion. And, clearly, Feige's.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Bradley Cooper ever showed up at any Marvel events? It's weird not to see him considering his character is as popular as it is.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I hate the Ant-Man having no stakes thing. The stakes are higher in that film than any of the Iron Man films. If Ant-Man doesn't intervene successfully, Hydra gets shrinking tech that would essentially make them ultra powerful. It's not all of reality or half the universe disappearing, but its something.

Theoretically, AMATW also has the same stakes, depending on who Goggins was going to sell the building to.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
"but the whole notion of the quantum realm and the whole notion of going to places that are so out there, they are almost mind-bendingly hard to fathom. It all plays into Phase Three."

THEY DANGLED IT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES BACK IN 2015 AND WE DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL THIS CLOSE.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I genuinely don't think I've ever seen him show up at so much as a press junket for the actual Guardians films.

Which is weird.

I'd imagine he wouldn't feel right. He wouldn't have acted with anyone, he never went on set, and there's someone completely different that they already know playing and voicing Rocket during shooting. I would feel really weird appearing in junkets with other actors I never actually met, especially alongside an actor who literally is playing my part but isn't famous enough to get credit for it.

Does Vin Diesel still do them? I know he did for the first one.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Hawkeye is going to get his Disney+ mini series after Endgame.
Of all the Avengers, I feel like he's always getting the short end of the stick.
He's pretty much the most underdeveloped core Avenger, and I'm not sure Endgame is even enough to do him justice.
Feige needs to treat him better.

KingDAVIN

Oct 30, 2017
Of all the Avengers, I feel like he's always getting the short end of the stick.
He's pretty much the most underdeveloped core Avenger, and I'm not sure Endgame is even enough to do him justice.

He was pretty important in Age of Ultron.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
We about to get fed our first clip from Avengers: Endgame, woo.

It's gonna be that Avengers HQ clip they've been showing behind closed doors for the past week.

I've already read those description, so I'm just gonna watch this one.

Last edited:

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Sooo, I skipped both Ant Man and the Wast + Captain Marvel.

Are we expecting either to be particularly important watch before Endgame? I'm a casual fan of the marvel movies, like some and dislike others. I quite liked Infinity War so not skipping Endgame, just wondering if I should prep myself for it with those two.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Are we expecting either to be particularly important watch before Endgame? I'm a casual fan of the marvel movies, like some and dislike others. I quite liked Infinity War so not skipping Endgame, just wondering if I should prep myself for it with those two.

Do you know what's in the end credit sequence of AATW? Do you know who captain marvel is? Then you know everything you're likely to need to know for Endgame. This isn't an intricate puzzle for which you need to know every detail intimately in order to have a chance of unlocking the mystery.

Avengers: Endgame clip on GMA

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nice clip. Didn't show nothing we haven't seen, but the interactions between the Avengers was nice. I love how direct Steve Rogers is here. And how confident Carol is. And Rhodey addressing her.

Starts at 2:11. Also has interview with the Original Six.

[UPDATE] Marvel Studios has released the clip with no GMA visuals and an added line at the end:

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Underdeveloped? Did you see Age of Ultron?

I'm not sure there is an underdeveloped Avenger among the original core. And the Russos have reamained adamant Hawkeye has a big role to play in Endgame, which should be obvious from the little footage we've seen.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched Cap 1.

Such a fun movie. I still have the same issues with it that I did back in 2011, namely how rushed the second half felt.

I think, given how important it feels now, they could have done a better job with the Peggy/Cap relationship in this movie. "I had a date" still hits you, for sure. But for most of the film, she feels pretty distanced from Steve, and the transition to them falling in love happens REAL fast. Too fast. Most of the heavy lifting is done with their final exchange as he's bringing the aircraft down into the water. And really, THE Winter Soldier scene between the two is the realest heartbreaker of all.

At least now we know what happens to Red Skull during that final scene. Dats coo.

This movie needed more time, and in an ideal world I think another Cap movie in the 40s would have been great (and honestly more needed than another Iron Man before the first Avengers), but eh. It worked out.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, and some woman with superpowers.
You should watch them. Endgame will likely do a quick recap of the quantum realm stuff from Ant-Man 2, but you might as well just watch the movie yourself. Same with Captain Marvel. At the time I watched the original Avengers I hadn't yet seen Thor and it was really jarring. Captain Marvel is going to be important in Endgame, you should probably be familiar with her.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, and some woman with superpowers.

You don't have to watch them. You can always just read up on em or something on Wiki.

But they're good, fun movies. If you're interested in the characters, watch Ant-Man & the Wasp on Netflix and catch Captain Marvel at some cheaper, early in the day showing sometime. You'll be fine missing them and just reading/watching a recap, but you'll obviously come out better just seeing the movies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
That smirk from Carol is everything. I also like how Thor is just sitting there at first like "I'm tired of hearing this let's just do something already."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
When do you guys think the title card will appear in Endgame?
I'm thinking either the film will open with Tony on the ship and him giving his speech to Pepper and then he will get saved by whomever and then title card

or

They will start to Clint on Earth and him happy with his family and then boom dusted and title card.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we are getting another clip this week. Maybe the other scene that has been described.

Since it's "Avengers week" on Jimmy Kimmel.

Monday: Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd, Chris Hemsworth
Tuesday: Danai Gurira
Wednesday: Jeremy Renner
Thursday: Don Cheadle

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, if we're gonna discuss clips here, might be time I make my exit. I want no parts of any of em.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we usually have open discussions about officially released media (clips) before every movie release in here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No big. I understand.

I'm just good on that lol. Not worried about spoilers a ton from em (cause they're officially released, and Marvel seems to be doing the extra bit of work to make sure this one stays mostly secret), I just wanna see as little as possible, as I did for Infinity War. That was such a refreshing way to go into a film, especially my most anticipated one ever (until Endgame, anyways).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I totally get you.

Btw, Marvel Studios has released the GMA clip but without the GMA visuals, in HD and with an added line in there at the end.

Last edited:

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be joining Mr. Yasuke and checking out. Godspeed ladies and gentlemen. I'll see y'all on the other side on April 25th.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Cap Marvel is useful given its an origin story to a seemingly prominent fixture in the upcoming Endgame film.

Ant Man 2...pretty much just an isolated Ant-Man adventure if you are intrigued.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So apparently there are rumors going around that Doctor Strange 2 could be fast-tracked for a 2020 release. We know Black Widow is gearing up for a May 2020 release, but what about Eternals? The assumption is that Eternals will be the November 2020 movie, and given there are multiple reports about Eternals starting production later this year, I'm calling BS on the Doctor Strange 2 rumors.

Still, it would be nice if they could get Strange 2 done for 2020, that way we would have our now usual 3 Marvel movies a year.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So apparently there are rumors going around that Doctor Strange 2 could be fast-tracked for a 2020 release. We know Black Widow is gearing up for a May 2020 release, but what about Eternals? The assumption is that Eternals will be the November 2020 movie, and given there are multiple reports about Eternals starting production later this year, I'm calling BS on the Doctor Strange 2 rumors.

Still, it would be nice if they could get Strange 2 done for 2020, that way we would have our now usual 3 Marvel movies a year.
Even if they started to film immediately and released in November of 2020, 18 months doesn't seem like enough time. I could see it as an early 2021 film ala CM and BP but I think 2020 might be out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.