The Ad Reporting Thread

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Full screen Saudi ARAMCO ads on mobile that pop up and take over the browser. Fuck off with this please!

edit: on IPhone 11 pro safari , iOS 13.3.1

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
These Aramco ads are breaking through to full page on multiple browsers in iOS. It’s been more persistent in the last 24 hours than before, happening every 5-10 pageloads.

xJavontax

Oct 25, 2017
Illinois
Count me in as also getting the full screen Honda ads. CONTSTANTLY. I don’t even have to refresh the page to get them. I literally got one while typing this post.

have you talked to the media agency about making sure NO full screen ads are being delivered to Era? I assume if there’s no full screen media placement on this domain then they can’t deliver them at all.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I’m getting full screen Aramco ads almost hourly now. Shit is annoying.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS Safari 13.3.1.

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell?
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Near constant Honda full screen ads today. iPhone 11, 13.4 beta, safari.
Just got 2 Honda full
screen ads on the same page within a couple minutes.
Count me in as also getting the full screen Honda ads. CONTSTANTLY. I don’t even have to refresh the page to get them. I literally got one while typing this post.

have you talked to the media agency about making sure NO full screen ads are being delivered to Era? I assume if there’s no full screen media placement on this domain then they can’t deliver them at all.
I’m getting full screen Aramco ads almost hourly now. Shit is annoying.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS Safari 13.3.1.
Going forward, if you guys can provide screenshots of this stuff in addition it would help immensely.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple full screen ads using Safari on iPhone XR. Latest version of iOS. All car ads. Didn’t take a screenshot, but hopefully that helps a little.

Exotoro

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How have the full page aramco ads not disappeared yet? Its like every 10 pages its borderline unbearable and theyve been complained about since last friday

Last edited:

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Full screen ads popping up multiple times without reloading the page that I’m on.
An America First anti Pelosi ad at the bottom of the Trump NYT’s article recent thread from today saying “censure” Pelosi.

Not looking good here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Sweet. Just had an ad try to download some random shit onto my computer.

choices.truste.com or something, who the fuck knows.

I don't care if the site earns less by switching ad providers, you need to do it.

This isn't being addressed appropriately and it needs to fucking stop. "We've received your reports and are working on it," doesn't cut it anymore.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the Aramco and Honda ads. They keep coming up almost repetitively. About to stop using the forum on mobile. I mean it came up just now trying to type up this post .

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
One of these ads is taking up the entire screen on my iPhone when I’m typing in a reply. It happened twice to me during one reply. Oh yeah, aramco. I don’t know what they’re selling, but I’m definitely never buying it. I’ve reported the ad twice now. The incessant ad reloading is really annoying, too.

The ones that scroll in the background can go to hell, too.

Oct 29, 2017
How have the full page aramco ads not disappeared yet? Its like every 10 pages its borderline unbearable and theyve been complained about since last friday

Getting this constantly like to the point I'm about to use an add blocker someone sure is getting rich of this site aren't they.

Every 5 mins or so this stupid add pops up and takes over the screen.

dk0rt3z

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think I’m done visiting Era until this gets sorted out. Full screen Aramco ads constantly and the automatic page shifting while reading the forums because of the automatic reloading of ads in the backgrounds of the pages. I’ll be reading and bam page shifts losing the place where I was reading. Unbearable and seems like nothing is being done about it but “we are aware and reached out to the ad agency”.

Cabal

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I’m glad you guys are seeing this, I thought I had adware on my phone. I don’t mind ads, honestly! But full screen pop up ads are annoying. I get that the site needs money but do better than this pls...