• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten two different redirect ads while simply looking at a random thread without touching anything on Android Chrome. Unfortunately it does a pop-up AND somehow completely deletes the history for the tab, so I can't even see what caused it, and you can't go back, and it's hard to close or find info on since you have to kill it. I don't even know how that's possible to delete the tab history.
Had it happen again today, emailed the giant URL to Cerium since it appeared to have personal information in it.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I just got a pop up ad on here that made me close the whole tab out

0893f4dc-c02f-40c4-b7iwe3d.png

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the same thing on Safari on iPhone. At least 4 times now since yesterday.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting worse, happened just while reloading watched threads. Malicious takeover, eats the entire tab and history, popup and everything. I sent the URL to Cerium again but can't identify the ad because it eats it.

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, can't they block the domains these ads come from or something?
As far as I can tell, the problem is identifying the page the malicious ad came from.

There might be a report ad button, BUT if the ad closes / deletes the original page and history somehow, which it's doing, I can't click that button and I can't even see what ad it was. I only see whatever malware page it's loaded instead.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
As far as I can tell, the problem is identifying the page the malicious ad came from.

Is there a way to use Safari's dev menu (on MacOS) to get a full trace of all URLs the browser has retrieved? This would need to be MUCH more complete than the history tab, which leaves out lots of detail. Back when I was bothering to post three URLs from my history (which did no good since the ads didn't stop after I reported 10 of them), I could see in the browser's address bar that I was being redirected through a TON of different web sites but only three appeared in history. I could see evidence of those other sites in my cookies list since some of those other sites were leaving cookies behind.

While typing this, Safari has notified me that "This webpage is using significant memory." Lovely.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting that shit Chevrolet equinox car ad?

The one where you scroll, but you don't scroll the forum, but the ad?

Fuck that thing. Can't report it.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a site redirect to this (copied from my browser history, as I closed the tab already)

(Putting it in the hide tag because the URL appears to have my IP address and some other info embedded into it.)
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
It basically made two of those loud motherboard-sounding beeps and then had a popup like, "You have a virus! Click here to make it go away!"
It's not the first time it's happened. I see others talking about a "winning stuff" version, but for me it's always the "click here to make the virus go away" one.

Browser: Firefox (but I've seen it in Edge, too.)

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
As a preface, I typically run UBlock Origin, but have whitelisted Era (as a non-Clear user) so page ads do load while I'm visiting.

With that out of the way, I am getting redirecting ads (or what appears to be redirecting) that do get caught by UBlock once the page switch happens. That said, not completely sure if it's actually redirecting or if it's just some resource pull that tripped up UBlock's filters.
The URL for it is: http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pc...operative.com/page/?RLwkMh2OuGxn3UCFx7hrvsqs3, with the doubleclick.net part apparently setting off UBlock.

Browser: Firefox

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the redesign, on mobile every page load bounces all over the place because of the ad loading in. The page will load, shift down as a banner comes in, then shift back up because the banner was a different size or it failed to load. I've seen it sometimes do this four times in a row.

It is Extremely annoying and has caused me to mis click a thread dozens of times.

This is on Android chrome.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
12th incident

MacOS / Safari

Another redirect to try to get me to install a (malware?) Flash plugin.

I know that the URL is useless but here it is anyway:

Edit: Pointless URL removed

Last edited:

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
13th incident

MacOS / Safari

Rapidly redirected through a bunch of domains, ultimately landing on a page which tried to get me to download a (malware?) Flash plugin.

Last edited:

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Got another one of those "virus found" redirects. Went through these URLs rapidly in this order before finally stopping at the final URL:

As before, putting it in hide tags because it's long and because it has my IP address in one of the URLs.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Nov 8, 2017
Got another one of those "virus found" redirects. Went through these URLs rapidly in this order before finally stopping at the final URL:

As before, putting it in hide tags because it's long and because it has my IP address in one of the URLs.

[Hidden content]

I keep getting these as well and the root URL for the last couple has been advertisingfeed.com.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
edit: for what it's worth my mobile full screen popup ads were for once not from Era. Did various tests and eventually boiled it down to an app I had downloaded AGES ago having a recent update where they added extremely invasive ads.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anybody monitoring this? Getting kind of ridiculous. I cleared my history and cache still getting it.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Is there anybody monitoring this? Getting kind of ridiculous. I cleared my history and cache still getting it.
The thread is checked regularly by our ad agency.

When a number of users report the same problem, we often reach out to our partners directly as well. I sent an email about this a few minutes ago.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got a Malwarebytes warning on Desktop that ip was blocked due to known spyware after I went on resetEra... Is that because of ads?

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I've been told by our ad agency that, given the ongoing mobile reports, they've taken additional measures to cull mobile ads. Hopefully this will result in improvement.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what the fuck happened, but just a few moments ago I got redirected while I was trying to do a research on this board and Malwarebytes blocked the redirect.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started getting Asda prize draw redirects too. Most are blocked, but every visit I'm getting 2 blocked pop ups and a blocked redirect.

Android, Chrome