• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
cajYLgo.jpg

Just had this one pop up. Obnoxious and wont let me close it. barely was able to report it since it blocks the bottom 3rd of the screen

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Was nailed by redirects this morning on Android/Chrome, including while trying to post in this thread. Not sure if fixed yet.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Reporting on behalf of an Australian member (currently banned):

I thought you would like to know that ResetEra is currently showing Australian political ads on the website but it seems to be only positive ones for The Liberal Party and The National Party (aka Australia's equivalent of the USA's Republicans) and attack ads on The Labour Party (aka Australia's equivalent of the USA's Democrats).
the politician pictured is Bill Shorten
leader of the Labour Party
and that is a Liberal Party attack ad
'THE BILL AUSTRALIA CAN'T AFFORD'
in Australia, The Liberal Party is the conservative party

Don't know enough about Aussie politics to determine if this is inappropriate, but it's worth looking into.
Screenshots:
RTvzH01.png

kOUl0O6.png

XU4SmhW.png

asbSrco.png

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Mobile version is unusable for me since yesterday on Safari - IOS - I'm in France (obviously)
Chrome was ok for a while, but it's now the same.

Staying a few seconds on any thread / page triggers a full page pop up with this :

RPHdqbB.png

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Reporting on behalf of an Australian member (currently banned):

Don't know enough about Aussie politics to determine if this is inappropriate, but it's worth looking into.
Screenshots:
RTvzH01.png

kOUl0O6.png

XU4SmhW.png

asbSrco.png
Yeah that's not supposed to be happening.

I've reached out to our partners about the latest reports and they're looking into it.

Grandben

Nov 6, 2017

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When ads in the bottom cell rotate they close the keyboard when I'm typing in quick reply on Android Chrome. Presumably they're stealing focus. Pls fix.

Colors

Feb 28, 2019
Mobile version is unusable for me since yesterday on Safari - IOS - I'm in France (obviously)
Chrome was ok for a while, but it's now the same.

Staying a few seconds on any thread / page triggers a full page pop up with this :

RPHdqbB.png
I have this too, impossible to stay more than 5seconds on any page... really annoying...

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
My keyboard on iPhone (Chrome) keeps closing when I type and I conveniently click on adds by mistake (mostly the Uber add).

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I've just been hit by the Wal-Mart and iphone redirect ads six times on mobile in the past 10 minites, including twice trying to report it in this thread.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can yall get your fucking shit together and drop whoever the ad provider is for this fucking website.

This shit doesn't happen on any other site I visit. Only this one. Holy fucking shit this website is unusable on mobile mode today. Yall keep fixing one issue only for twenty more to pop up. I've had to refresh typing this post to complain literally 20 times because the redirect ads immediately attack me when I even look at my phone.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Was using Android chrome and it was unusable. Now on Firefox with adblocker and I can use it. One ad had the word 'dragon' on it. They always redirected me. Walmart and iphone card bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Can yall get your fucking shit together and drop whoever the ad provider is for this fucking website.

This shit doesn't happen on any other site I visit. Only this one. Holy fucking shit this website is unusable on mobile mode today. Yall keep fixing one issue only for twenty more to pop up. I've had to refresh typing this post to complain literally 20 times because the redirect ads immediately attack me when I even look at my phone.
The same thing happened with GAF. Hardly ANY other site I've seen had the amount of malicious mobile ads to the extent that it felt like it had to be the particular provider.

I thought I heard that Era picked a different provider than GAF but who knows what the situation is.

I can basically never report them either since they somehow erase history and takeover new tabs.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Getting tons of redirect ssl virus ads on mobile today. Basically can't use the site constant redirects. I'm sure others are reporting this but u can't read threads to see

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I had to write this out on a notes app and copy/paste it here because I don't have enough time to browse.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Chrome.
Why is it always this site and no other one? Do you guys get your ads from the shadiest ad provider in the world or what.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Site is completely unusable. Walmart ad pops up everywhere. Can't reply to threads. It happens like every other page. Complete cancer. What is this, some kind of bootleg stream website?

BTW I got another Samsung garbage "virus" ad and iPhone gift card ad trying to type this.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I also won a walmart gift card from Samsung-google-cox.

Full screen popup that backloads your history so you have to quit the browser.
On mobile & had to switch to desktop mode to post this.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we pretty please get a mod response in this thread to make us feel better, if nothing else? nihilence replied in the off-topic thread but that one got locked and there hasn't been a single response here today despite this being the worst attack possibly since the inception of Era.

Some people are literally unable to post in the ad reporting thread or on Era at all without resorting to desktop clients, completely disabling Javascript, and so forth. It's not just a case of mobile being bad, it's a case of the site not actually functioning for multiple people -- pretty much anyone with Chrome seems at risk at minimum.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah mobile is nearly unusable for me right now. It's the same culprits as the last few attacks. Can we block these sites already?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Currently unable to use Era on my phone without constant ads from Walmart or other sites. I had to refresh this page literally 5 times in order to make this post.

I'm on T-Mobile. I use chrome. I do not have this issue with any other site that I visit. Not a single one.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Mobile era is also unuasable on my Android Chrome combo. I can't even click on a thread.... or even read anything on my phone.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had to write this out on a notes app and copy/paste it here because I don't have enough time to browse.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Chrome.
Why is it always this site and no other one? Do you guys get your ads from the shadiest ad provider in the world or what.
You can request Desktop Version from Chrome settings, which is what I'm doing :)

Desktop site works perfectly fine.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Mobile is well and truly fucked. Constant (malicious according to my anti-virus, btw) redirects to mediamarket-giveaway.life

EDIT: Last admin response to thread was a week ago. Oh. That's... bad. No one is even reading this. SMH.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile is well and truly fucked. Constant (malicious according to my anti-virus, btw) redirects to mediamarket-giveaway.life

EDIT: Last admin response to thread was a week ago. Oh. That's... bad. No one is even reading this. SMH.
Mods / admins read this thread (at least occasionally). The weird thing is that the off-topic thread which WAS being read by current and former mods, and commented on by one mod, got locked by a different mod...and none of the above have posted in this thread today.

The same exact thing happened on GAF where ad reporting could sometimes have no mod post in reply for ages. Even if it doesn't change anything, it feels so much better if someone can at least pop in and go "hey the mod team is aware of it and this is unacceptable, getting it fixed ASAP".

It's a mass Chrome and/or Android exploit. I'm not sure if it's affecting any other browser or OS.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Been getting them every few seconds on mobile cg
Mods / admins read this thread (at least occasionally). The weird thing is that the off-topic thread which WAS being read by current and former mods, and commented on by one mod, got locked by a different mod...and none of the above have posted in this thread today.

The same exact thing happened on GAF where ad reporting could sometimes have no mod post in reply for ages. Even if it doesn't change anything, it feels so much better if someone can at least pop in and go "hey the mod team is aware of it and this is unacceptable, getting it fixed ASAP".

It's a mass Chrome and/or Android exploit. I'm not sure if it's affecting any other browser or OS.

Yeah. Not a good look, that's for sure

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

I posted a thread on Joe Biden yesterday, and literally within 2 minutes the thread was locked with a response from a mod. It's been a full week of total silence in this thread. Feels like this thread is just a place to contain complaints so they don't spill over. This is actually making the site unusable.

Maybe I should post another Joe Biden thread, with the malicious ad details instead. At least it wouldn't take a week for a response.