• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Same here, right to scammy "rewards" sites, got sent to one as I was typing this. Was one Chrome blocked so I could come back but there's an iPhone one or something that makes it impossible.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
same here with the reward popups.. on a Samsung Galaxy S9 using the normal phone browser.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Are there any plans to fix this? I thought it was my phone! Glad it isn't at least. Please fix or at least acknowledge the team is aware?

Oct 25, 2017
The topic is being investigated. While a response cannot be made to every post, the matter is serious and not bring ignored.
Thanks for posting. I don't think anyone was asking for or expecting a response for EVERY post...but I think it's reasonable to expect a mod post after 40+ posts from today alone in this thread, especially with the multiple threads being locked, especially with the difficulty people are having even posting in the ad reporting thread because of malicious ads, and especially given there hasn't been a mod post in here in a week or so if I'm not mistaken.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting. I don't think anyone was asking for or expecting a response for EVERY post...but I think it's reasonable to expect a mod post after 40+ posts from today alone in this thread, especially with the multiple threads being locked, especially with the difficulty people are having even posting in the ad reporting thread because of malicious ads, and especially given there hasn't been a mod post in here in a week or so if I'm not mistaken.

This.

Edit: the issue seems to be fixed. Thank you to the staff who looked into this issue.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's really bad for me too on mobile. On chrome on a samsung galaxy s8 if that makes any difference.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://iphone-lucky.us/lp?lpId=41&cid=7ab7648a-f7a8-4eb2-832f-35d4ed18b959&params=W3sibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NTcsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNywid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQ YWdlSWQiOjQxLCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTcsIndlaWdodCI6NH0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo1Nywi b2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAxLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjJ9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6MzMsIm9mZmVySWQiOjE5 OSwid2VpZ2h0IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjczLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyMDksIndlaWdodCI6 MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo0MSwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAzLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGlu Z1BhZ2VJZCI6NzUsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNSwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjQx LCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTgsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo2Nywib2ZmZXJJZCI6 MTk5LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwMiwid2VpZ2h0 IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjMzLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyNTIsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5k aW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Miwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA2LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6 NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjI1NCwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjc1LCJvZmZlcklk IjoyNTMsIndlaWdodCI6M30seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Mywib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA5LCJ3ZWln aHQiOjF9XQ== &campaignId=233&times=3&index=1

https://samsung-awards.uk/lp?lpId=33&cid=0c7034a6-b7b9-4ed2-bdbd-e38d48a49765&params=W3sibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NTcsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNywid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQ YWdlSWQiOjQxLCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTcsIndlaWdodCI6NH0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo1Nywi b2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAxLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjJ9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6MzMsIm9mZmVySWQiOjE5 OSwid2VpZ2h0IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjczLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyMDksIndlaWdodCI6 MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo0MSwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAzLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGlu Z1BhZ2VJZCI6NzUsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNSwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjQx LCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTgsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo2Nywib2ZmZXJJZCI6 MTk5LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwMiwid2VpZ2h0 IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjMzLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyNTIsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5k aW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Miwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA2LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6 NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjI1NCwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjc1LCJvZmZlcklk IjoyNTMsIndlaWdodCI6M30seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Mywib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA5LCJ3ZWln aHQiOjF9XQ== &campaignId=233&times=1&index=3#

https://walmart-awards.us/lp?lpId=73&cid=6dadbf60-20d3-4fee-8468-aa6ec1f6d4cc&params=W3sibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NTcsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNywid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQ YWdlSWQiOjQxLCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTcsIndlaWdodCI6NH0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo1Nywi b2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAxLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjJ9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6MzMsIm9mZmVySWQiOjE5 OSwid2VpZ2h0IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjczLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyMDksIndlaWdodCI6 MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo0MSwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjAzLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGlu Z1BhZ2VJZCI6NzUsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwNSwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjQx LCJvZmZlcklkIjoxOTgsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo2Nywib2ZmZXJJZCI6 MTk5LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjIwMiwid2VpZ2h0 IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjMzLCJvZmZlcklkIjoyNTIsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5k aW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Miwib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA2LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6 NDEsIm9mZmVySWQiOjI1NCwid2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjc1LCJvZmZlcklk IjoyNTMsIndlaWdodCI6M30seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Mywib2ZmZXJJZCI6MjA5LCJ3ZWln aHQiOjF9XQ== &campaignId=233&times=2&index=4#
Yup all the ones i've been getting on chrome.

SEVEN777

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Got redirected a lot earlier this week which made the forums unusable for a few hours.

Browser: Safari
Platform: iOS 12.2
Offending Ad: Germany Survey Center (only have the name)

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
We've urgently contacted our ad agency about this latest outbreak. Thank you for the reports; the detail and links should help us get a grip on it as soon as possible.

Since the issue seems unusually severe I have temporarily suspended displaying all ads on mobile for now.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Information
We've urgently contacted our ad agency about this latest outbreak. Thank you for the reports; the detail and links should help us get a grip on it as soon as possible.

Since the issue seems unusually severe I have temporarily suspended displaying all ads on mobile for now.

Thank you for looking into this and keeping us updated. Much appreciated!

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have an issue where the webpage constantly moves due to I guess the ads changing size? Very annoying. Using latest version of Chrome.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Information

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
Update: Our ad agency has purged all providers they believe these issues could possibly be coming from. They will now restore ads one provider at a time to ensure a lasting resolution. They will be monitoring this thread closely and if the issues return (which we hope they will not), that will mean they can identify which provider is responsible. Towards this end please keep posting and reporting if you see the redirects crop up again like they were before. Thank you!

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Information
Update: Our ad agency has purged all providers they believe these issues could possibly be coming from. They will now restore ads one provider at a time to ensure a lasting resolution. They will be monitoring this thread closely and if the issues return (which we hope they will not), that will mean they can identify which provider is responsible. Towards this end please keep posting and reporting if you see the redirects crop up again like they were before. Thank you!

The issue is happenening now. Got 3 redirects in the last 5 minutes, of the same URLs mentioned above.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Information
I realize that this is likely a substantial ask, but are there alternative ad agencies out there that might be able to provide a higher / more proactive level of service around malicious ad detection and removal? Completely eliminating the bad actors is impossible, but I can't personally remember a time in the last decade where I've been hit by this sort of hijack on any of the other sites that I frequent.

Thanks for all you do here. If there's anything us regular users can do above and beyond reporting the issues when we see them, let us know.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I realize that this is likely a substantial ask, but are there alternative ad agencies out there that might be able to provide a higher / more proactive level of service around malicious ad detection and removal? Completely eliminating the bad actors is impossible, but I can't personally remember a time in the last decade where I've been hit by this sort of hijack on any of the other sites that I frequent.

Thanks for all you do here. If there's anything us regular users can do above and beyond reporting the issues when we see them, let us know.
We do believe that our agency is better than most; one of the main reasons we partnered with them was because we were impressed by the tools they have to deal with bad providers. This sort of severe breakdown is unusual, and they were very responsive (on a weekend no less) in addressing it once the alarm was raised. Many, many agencies would do worse.

That said, we won't rule anything out if this kind of thing becomes a little too frequent. Thank you for the kind words and polite concern.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
This is beyond old. I want to support this site, I really really do but I'm sick and tired of the constant redirects, my mobile keyboard being pulled away mid way through typing a post just to click a fucked up add and be redirected. I'm done. I'll use an add blocker I don't care. This has been a reoccurring issue for awhile now and I'm fucking over it. I love this site but guys get your shit together.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So me and others have been complaining about the ad issue for at least 2 weeks now.

Something has to be done on new ads loading in and removing focus from the comment/reply box, which leads to inadvertent clicking of the ad, which brings you to the ads site, which counts as a click for the ad partner.

That's 100% against the rules of whatever ad partner you're working with. Now, I'm sure it's accidental (I don't believe the owners of the site are nefarious enough to do this intentionally) but it's been happening for weeks, it's reported by multiple users, and it's happened TWICE TO ME since writing this reply. Since editing this post it just happened again. A tremendous amount of your ad clicks are happening because you're forcing people to click ads accidentally, and this is definitely against the rules of whatever ad partner you're working with.

I'm going to give it a couple days and report the site to the ad partner for manipulating user behavior to "accidentally" click ads unless it's fixed.

Please quote my post or @ reply me with the steps being taken to resolve this issue.

Last edited:

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I sent my issue 9 days ago, and the offending ad is appearing more than before. Its making navigate the threads impossible, since the ad takes me to it at the bottom of the page every 3 to 5 mins. I need some status on when this will be fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Chrome Android.
Can someone please nuke the Lili Gal ad from orbit. When I try to respond this ad keeps pulling me away from my post over and over, sending me to an obviously fake page.
I don't even know why I'm getting bombarded with this ad for the past several days. I'm a guy.
When typing this I was sent to the fake page three times.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The keyboard dissappearing issue is out of control. It has happened 6 times just typing this post and I've accidentally clicked on their site countless times losing my entire draft.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Chrome
Android

https://www4.co-aa35.stream/claim/y...=completehatch.com&brand=Samsung&model=Galaxy S9%2B&cep=1gCEB-MYRkxYpKG82vJ5iWJ1PDKAlf_6bHwvGg2kSAtuActkuhGQ8tQn7WCnE7T9t02g_alsh0CD8tktpRbEjMY8ShbUljYX3tsKmxprXJM_fhepjS2qRq1ZCil5_mrWP2nh-UfxokJ8v8wI-j-GiKMXI9sH1r1dlpjphRZCw3svFgE-9SMcLtDRWIchpwI4gRWktnTxysZs93Oaa0qME2G0ZRaS4w0sKi95Hw7CPwBJuh-gZGRXVwHHP_jrfTpuddHJadPiG_hpCPYjZx8-hs-PjW-4Va_AtVUa5Yw2qIQ&2=1230&3=1230-e05ca98z&1=6691206413189906589#

Been getting this one a lot recently. Really frustrating.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten hijacked/redirected to Ali Express twice in as many days beginning yesterday.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
The site is completely unusable on ios safari today due to exactly the same issue I had last friday: Constant redirects (Every 10 seconds or so) to us.defensed870wz.online/cor_xs

It seems to be some garbage scamming site pretending to be Correos (The spanish postal service).

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
The site is completely unusable on ios safari today due to exactly the same issue I had last friday: Constant redirects (Every 10 seconds or so) to us.defensed870wz.online/cor_xs

It seems to be some garbage scamming site pretending to be Correos (The spanish postal service).

Same here in France. I get redirected to a site that's obviously phishing through postal service disguise.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I have ERA whitelisted in uBlock Origin and I get the occasional auto-redirect when entering threads too:

C4jniMv.png

Browser: Firefox Quantum 66.0.5 (64-bit)

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I'm getting redirects. I love how we keep insisting this is a good ad partner and it's the only site I frequent with the most issues of hijacking ads.