• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Redirect to this address.

2pPj07b.jpg

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I've reached out to our ad agency about these latest reports. Thanks for the details.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Must have improved. I forgot about this from this morning and I went back to Chrome and no popups yet.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely something funky going on with Era's ads. As of today I didn't get any redirects but I often get scenarios now where I don't see any ads on Era despite it being whitelisted in uBlock Origin. At first I thought maybe ads were temporarily disabled due to the redirect issues but I quickly noticed something else must be going on.

I updated to Firefox 67 two days ago and enabled the new WebRender which has been issue free as far as I could tell but tonight I've been wondering why my CPU cooler howls up intermittently despite me not doing anything resource intensive. Tracking it down I noticed whenever I had an Era tab active Firefox would go as high as 40% CPU usage on my 8600k just displaying a static page without any ads and it was only Era that showed this behavior. A bit stumped I tried various things including blocking trackers which didn't change anything so in the end I pulled Era off my uBlock whitelist temporarily and low and behold I'm sitting at 2% CPU usage now writing this post without any weird spikes.

I have whitelisted Era now again and will just switch to another non-Era tab before I game but please look into this. If I can help anyhow diagnose the issue please let me know too!

EDIT: Alright it's not just the ads! After sending this post Firefox was at 10% CPU, I switched to a Reddit tab, 1% CPU, switched back to here 10% CPU, what's going on here?

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
The mobile redirects are getting out of hand. This is the only site I have this problem on. At first, Chrome was able to block the redirect but not anymore. I have to close the entire tab in order to get back to the board. I'm having flashbacks to about 5 or 6 years ago when myself and others got malware from ads on GAF.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Getting that Walmart redirect pretty consistently today on mobile. Really damn annoying. Who are you all sourcing ads from for crying out loud.

EDIT: Just got it twice in two threads within five minutes of each other. I'm ducking out of the forum for the night. Ridiculous.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I've reached out to our partners about the apparent outbreak of Walmart redirects on mobile. Thanks for the reports.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Can the site do something about ad loading?

Nothing more annoying than the screen suddenly shift as you click something.

It is particularly bad on mobile: ads loading introduces lag into the text processor; at times kicks me out of the text box; and when it does kick me out of the text box often expands such that when trying to get back in I click the ad instead. Ads make replying on mobile a nightmare.

I've had this problem since ads launched.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Can the site do something about ad loading?

Nothing more annoying than the screen suddenly shift as you click something.

It is particularly bad on mobile: ads loading introduces lag into the text processor; at times kicks me out of the text box; and when it does kick me out of the text box often expands such that when trying to get back in I click the ad instead. Ads make replying on mobile a nightmare.

I've had this problem since ads launched.
We looked into this extensively and unfortunately there is no perfect solution. If we implement a fixed-size box, it ends up cutting off the "Report Ad" link under the ads. We tried that solution for a while on the old design and a lot of people (quite understandably) complained about the inability to report individual ads.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
And another one:

http://us.indigene18vc.online/cor_xs/

Is it helpful in any way to keep reporting these here, or should I just give up on visiting the site from iOS for a while?

It doesn't seem like they'll ever run out of random urls to host their redirecting ads and scam.
Based on the reports we've recieved so far here and in emails, it appears that this is an issue affecting specifically iOS users in your country. I've reached out to our partners about this.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Latest google chrome, windows 10 desktop, Belgium

Since yesterday I'm getting redirected to some sketchy sites on Era. Yesterday it was one of these fake you won an iphone things, today it's a site that doesn't load. Incredibly annoying and very persistent. It happens on almost any page and causes my browser to slow down as chrome tries to block the redirects.

FcDJwnJ.png

I thought it was on me and did virus scans and browser resets and all that. But I see now that other people have been experiencing redirects too lately. :/

https://www.ki0sked.com/track/b7d0c...ZDFkYjg5N2FiYzBjMThhMDg5MThmYWI5NWQzY2E&var1={sitedomain}&var6=YjY0NDA5MjgwNjkxOTE5NTE3MDg0IzE1NTk3NTAxMThANDc1MkBfNDFlZDFkYjg5N2FiYzBjMThhMDg5MThmYWI5NWQzY2E&var5=2

edit: I believe I've identified this ad as the malicious one, when it's present I get the redirects, on pages with other ads it doesn't happen

5do0qsW.png

I don't know if that helps, but I've reported the ad and explained that I believe it's causing the redirects, I hope that does the trick

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Latest google chrome, windows 10 desktop, Belgium

Since yesterday I'm getting redirected to some sketchy sites on Era. Yesterday it was one of these fake you won an iphone things, today it's a site that doesn't load. Incredibly annoying and very persistent. It happens on almost any page and causes my browser to slow down as chrome tries to block the redirects.

FcDJwnJ.png

I thought it was on me and did virus scans and browser resets and all that. But I see now that other people have been experiencing redirects too lately. :/

https://www.ki0sked.com/track/b7d0c...ZDFkYjg5N2FiYzBjMThhMDg5MThmYWI5NWQzY2E&var1={sitedomain}&var6=YjY0NDA5MjgwNjkxOTE5NTE3MDg0IzE1NTk3NTAxMThANDc1MkBfNDFlZDFkYjg5N2FiYzBjMThhMDg5MThmYWI5NWQzY2E&var5=2

edit: I believe I've identified this ad as the malicious one, when it's present I get the redirects, on pages with other ads it doesn't happen

5do0qsW.png

I don't know if that helps, but I've reported the ad and explained that I believe it's causing the redirects, I hope that does the trick

This ad is definitely broken. Every time it comes up, the page keeps scrolling up and down in flashes in Chrome, making the site unusable. I have to F5 until another ad comes up. Can't even report it, because the link to report this ad is broken when you click it.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
This ad is definitely broken. Every time it comes up, the page keeps scrolling up and down in flashes in Chrome, making the site unusable. I have to F5 until another ad comes up. Can't even report it, because the link to report this ad is broken when you click it.

Been happening all day to me. I've had to start typing everything in Notepad++ because when it starts up it messes with your cursor focus. Please make it stop... somebody.

Not sure it's that specific ad or what though. I don't ever see any ads. The Report Ad link just constantly keeps popping up like the page is cycling through a billion broken ads and every time it tries to load a different image it causes the page to shift up and down.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah my access to the site has been blocked all day on mobile. It's from eu.globalcurrencyreset.icu

YtC1lQ8.png

I can't read anything, both gaming and OT get me this pop up every time.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
The redirection is getting out of control. I feel like every time I click on a thread I get sent to a sketchy survey!

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
The redirections are driving me nuts the past couple of a days.

Android mobile or Mac OS.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Nevermind, same thing on Safari. Just got the same add. When can we expect a solution for this?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
On Safari I ended up clearing all my cookies and data, I've loaded a few pages and it seems to be gone... fingers crossed.

tbh I did start getting those pop ups on other sites too, it's not exclusively era.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too much to ask to not have Cyberpunk ads on this site? I'd really rather not have to browse Era with transphobia constantly shoved in my face :/. It's been making me fairly uncomfortable.

The constant stream of threads is bad enough, but we don't even have a function to ignore individual ads. And I'd much prefer to keep supporting the site by leaving my Adblocker off...

Last edited: