• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
Also getting the same abnoxious spyware type ads as above. Shows this forum cares a lot more about its revenue than its users

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Android Chrome and the redirect ads are completely out of control today. Maybe every third pageload takes me completely off Era into no man's land.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Android Chrome and the redirect ads are completely out of control today. Maybe every third pageload takes me completely off Era into no man's land.
There was an admin post made yesterday and today by Cerium regarding this, though today's was in another thread. I'll cross post it here for visibility, just kindly ignore the part about using this thread, since we already are.
Information
Unfortunately, unscrupulous ad makers are especially active towards the end of the year -- almost any ad supported site will experience some problems during this time. Neither the site nor our ad agency actually reap any additional benefit from malicious ads, these aren't supposed to be running, and we have every reason to hate them as much as you do.

We are in contact with our agency about this and we're doing what we can to track down these bad ads as they emerge (it's like whack-a-mole). Your reports and details are helping in this process and we ask that they be concentrated in the Ad Reporting thread. Thank you for your patience.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting them. Would it be possible to disable mobile ads please until this is fixed, I cant use the site at all.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got bounced to ad pages three times this morning and lost two posts I'd been working on in the process. It has reached the point where I have decided to start writing my messages in Keep and then paste them over here. I never had these issues before last week.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
I'm constantly getting bounced to scammy sites on mobile. Took multiple attempts to make this post.

Full screen pop ups and forced redirects to mobilehappy.club saying I'm getting a prize for my loyalty to my mobile service provider.

Craig Majaski

Nov 1, 2017
Major problems here too. Using iOS Safari on mobile. Directs me to a Google page and then you can't get ack to the page you were viewing.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Almost every single thread load bounces me to a redirect now. It's been getting worse and worse.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I get a site redirect on every second page load when I'm not on wifi on my Android. The site has been completely unusable for the past two weeks.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
It's out of control for me. And it's just like the other members have reported, it only happens on mobile data. Not Wifi. Strange. IP related perhaps?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I had to close down chrome twice trying to post in this thread about how bad it is.

Far be it from me to mention this, but if I was running a forum and the ad provider would take over my user's browsers with redirects I would switch to another immediately. This has been happening off and on for years now.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I had to close down chrome twice trying to post in this thread about how bad it is.

Far be it from me to mention this, but if I was running a forum and the ad provider would take over my user's browsers with redirects I would switch to another immediately. This has been happening off and on for years now.

It has, but it's precipitously worse now. I just keep getting hijacked for "new Bible verse" ads every second. Browsing on mobile is insufferable and I'm considering just sticking to desktop and cutting my era browsing. I don't post much anyway, just read mostly, but the few times I HAVE tried to post, the ad fucks up my post anyway.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are being finessed by this "premium" ad service. The redirects are getting really, really bad.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Yep. Just wanted to say it's happening to me too. Complete redirect. Can't back out, need to close the tab or browser.

Note10+, Chrome browser

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Constant redirects to this page on mobile even in this thread. can barely write this post. https: //extravagantinwardness.club/?swim=phelps&brand=Motorola&model=Moto%20E%20%284%29%20Plus&td=track.magneticfriends.com&data2=w110arlvl9r7ht9rh3jp5l2v&cep=x_SgYRMfNoFXdrLDhGrPHqJCyXZmHfCR7_SPs4pq0wHsoyWb8XcLVJDBsIlVmMwD2jK2DfooZTUXhV4tyRz3mkVooM05Fn0qcAKBO9m_jvleFO7WHnDz3noRPiy7MmDlFKtVs6WnLNTJm0_IO9KaI_f_WFApD5kSLHLnDgkLGZo4i_3lXm5NzX2_5xkj_ceBESo1l4fZh2oNwZi4KshM-XJ4l0J8gfsWVSk0LAOBqj3-KmmdO2_bXDTlnXwoDbsuvQy-uHSy_tEiOuvRRe4-KZL5GYFRVlOu56hGiz4m49fzzIFLjykb0gNpeCySeUQj-24cQKt4yfWl6bHLHwtiLohIA2VlmCJcQ6DOIQIGro_zxzMvKy-YBfZGZ-3nHpJvHTX-EkT_3xAQTXiPBQY753nk_g_jeatfKNc2DFN18VU52-vhm2FTCeezZvPASgGB&lptoken=156575f264652114698c&companyid=4d0epva5www-resetera-com&pubid=4d0epva5www-resetera-com&pixel=1575640369mb26521196756#

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is getting worse instead of better.
Now I get a redirect at leadt every other minute while browsing, and sometimes back to back

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Got the same redirect as everyone above, again. This has been going on for more than 24 hours now. It's frustrating to me that there has been no official response so far that I've seen... please fix this so that Era users can stay safe!

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Btw the way era/xenforo remembers and directs you to the last post/page loaded makes browsing a nightmare everytime you get redirected.

I've given up reading poliera this week because I can barely follow since I lose the place I was reading whenever this occurs.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Malicious ads that previously only appeared while on mobile data are now appearing while on home wifi as well.

Oct 30, 2017
This has happened to me dozens of times over the last couple of days. Abandoning using the site on mobile for the moment; at least on desktop I can block ads on the site until something is done. Seriously, this is bad enough at the moment you should consider switching off ads for a couple of days, or at least until the network provider can sort their shit out.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
They wouldn't have ads turned on in their account so even when they're online they wouldn't be having this same shitty experience.
With this thread not being in a more obvious place it's easy to imagine the issue going way underreported by users and noticed by admins/mods
I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I browse without any adblock and have ads fully enabled on my account.

Our ad agency believes they've removed all the offending sources thus far so the situation should be improved for the time being. The detailed reports are helping to stamp these out as they come up.