• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Just got another

extravagantinwardness.club

redirect. Mobile, iOS, Safari; was on gaming forum thread view

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting the one above. Cant even press back to get out if it because it takes me to the previous page I was currently on, absolutely infuriating.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I've reached out to the ad agency again to see if we can find a more aggressive way to tackle this problem.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Is there any particular reason this thread isn't stickied in the EtcetEra forum? Most people probably don't even know this thread exists as they never come to this forum.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Never had an issue with pop up ads until today. Some google ad. No way to back out of it. Had to close tab and start a new one just to see it pop up again 20 seconds later. Cleared history and cookies. I'm using iOS safari.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
We've taken some extreme measures that should get this under control for now.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have just had a redirect pop-up appear. Basically this, but personalized with my IP address and my ISP:

Dear-user-congratulations-Scam.jpg

I am using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 10, on my laptop. I do not have adblock enabled.

The url for the redirect was "consumerga.icu".

Last edited:

StrangeWit

Oct 27, 2017
Just had 2 redirects in a row on mobile.
1 with a popup referencing my phone provider and ip. The second to a site/ad to win a car.

Last night, I had a similar redirect on my PC, referencing a new great offer from my isp. I turned on my adblocker to avoid further redirects. I'd rather have my adblocker off on Era but not if these things continue happening.

In both cases I was using Chrome.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Been basically impossible to browse on mobile for the past few days; constantly being redirected to other sites that often force me to close apps or even restart my phone.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Recently switched from iPhone (no issues) to Pixel. Getting redirected all the time now. My impression is that it's not safe to browse this site without ad blocker on, and any policy that bans ad blockers while resetera is compromised is setting users up to be compromised.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I browse without any adblock and have ads fully enabled on my account.

Our ad agency believes they've removed all the offending sources thus far so the situation should be improved for the time being. The detailed reports are helping to stamp these out as they come up.
So, if you have ads enabled on your account, are you getting these redirects too?

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
So, if you have ads enabled on your account, are you getting these redirects too?
I've been browsing on desktop today without any problems, but yes in the past week I have been getting redirects on mobile.

The steps we took did seem to reduce the problem a lot over the weekend, but again the end of the year is peak season for this stuff -- stamping out the bad ads as they slip in is an ongoing effort. It takes continuous work. There isn't a silver bullet.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Recently switched from iPhone (no issues) to Pixel. Getting redirected all the time now. My impression is that it's not safe to browse this site without ad blocker on, and any policy that bans ad blockers while resetera is compromised is setting users up to be compromised.
For the record we've never banned ad blockers. That's never been a policy here.

Thank you for the information about the device -- it would seem North American Android users are getting the worst of it.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I browse without any adblock and have ads fully enabled on my account.

Our ad agency believes they've removed all the offending sources thus far so the situation should be improved for the time being. The detailed reports are helping to stamp these out as they come up.

I hadn't run into any ads since your response here until a few minutes ago.

I've been redirected multiple times in the past few minutes to (on chrome, Android):

--i can't seem to post it without it putting in the link...I added a "(don't click) to both sides of the url after noticing.

(Don't click)https://extravagantinwardness.club/?swim=phelps&brand=Samsung&model=Galaxy S9+&td=track.magneticfriends.com&data2=w4v6s8us1kn450dr1ncfrbb2&cep=doeFv5gegxVglqwzW2a2bcyoUfxYmbFgMgSSTTNeJaxR8qER1ZHXlu6awTrX9JhO4CG-GDpEztFZfAcm3JA4PjH1cp84AY-FT30s14aRVYjkQcBtFTzepYWOD-93FVzKpWS8A-5mQ6nbYSRog6__Nrr2WzMNj3b59rG5qLePbup0oZsJ6SDAUanhVwC3Zql8T9VhQ1Y-TpZeRacq-lt5SJFaZni1Tq0IauJlFU75wiihlvpnk3fGvCzqzuHgvIxwrmD488UbuQxH4hpktI9JyQ76nO53C9e0cWmw54UUTOfpfllUeANdahsHcKTaVA5EJArw7FL92DImlirwV9IFpOtN6vkUYjHArIs1ABrXlk9svkj2BRRFEPD-MYxTVRY_7f3nkPZC2aekA_FXwEtcOSeXaKCFRiUsakbT5y396WA6oEgQqr64J2_57kxhgPVT&lptoken=1541759d992d801f43cf&companyid=4d0epva5www-resetera-com&pubid=4d0epva5www-resetera-com&pixel=1575996243mb32078079217#(don't click)

StrangeWit

Oct 27, 2017
I just got redirected twice to a popup for the mobilehappycustomers.club a few mins ago. The second of which was during my first attempt to report it.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I think it has something to do with using mobile data. I get "loyal customer you've won an iPhone" pop-up messages constantly from Rogers when using mobile data, but never when using WiFi.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Sometimes it happens so often I cant even browse the site. I have to close all my tabs to get away from it just for it to happen again. I get the Rogers one too. Assuming its for whatever carrier you have a lot of the time. Im on an S10+. Super annoying.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I literally got a redirect on the ad reporting thread. Do you think its possible to not have ads on this thread specifically so we can at least report them without having to fight our browsers?? Im getting redirects both on chrome for mobile and desktop.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
redirect keeps happening on desktop. Chrome browser, Windows 10.
link is:
Code:
http://happy.superlucky.xyz/bonus/com-us-cc-s10-iph11-cdn/lp3.php?c=4fzq1wi8z4vz0&k=7096194e1cf37646e6913bc0f7a82db4&country_code=US&carrier=-&country_name=United%20States&region=Texas&city=Katy&isp=Comcast%20Cable%20Communications,%20LLC&lang=en&os=Windows%2010&osv=&browser=Chrome&browserv=78&brand=Desktop&model=Desktop&marketing_name=Desktop&tablet=4&rheight=768&rwidth=768

Oct 25, 2017
I've already sent an email about this along with the other recent reports. Thanks again.

Just get a different ad company already. Finally pushed me over the edge to get an ad blocker after 20 years of the interwebs. I've always felt seeing ads was a fair trade off for free content, but I just couldn't take it anymore.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Those redirect ads that were previously only on mobile are now popping up on PC for me. :/

It took several attempts to even reach this thread because of the redirects. The site is flatout unusable with this garbage.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Those redirect ads that were previously only on mobile are now popping up on PC for me. :/

It took several attempts to even reach this thread because of the redirects. The site is flatout unusable with this garbage.

Yes, this started today for me too.

AdBlocker is now flagging this website on both mobile and desktop. No more whitelist for ResetEra. Not swapping back, this is ludicrous. We can't trust the staff here to maintain basic security with their ads, and I'm not taking the risk any more.