• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Getting pretty constant redirects on both desktop and mobile to this site:

Code:
http://happy.superlucky.xyz/bonus/com-us-cc-s10-iph11-cdn/lp3.php?c=4fzqijnbz4vz0&k=e18b1731647ad324c26331884c27a904&country_code=US&carrier=AT&T&country_name=United%20States&region=Florida&city=Boca%20Raton&isp=AT&T%20Services,%20Inc.&lang=en&os=Windows%2010&osv=&browser=Chrome&browserv=78&brand=Desktop&model=Desktop&marketing_name=Desktop&tablet=4&rheight=768&rwidth=768

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Every time a click any forum section... on mobile. Wifi and phone data... same thing it's going crazy!

Took me awhile to get to this thread and to even make this post.

Mobile
Chrome Browser

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting this one.

Code:
http://happy.luckydraw.space/bonus/com-ca-ipx-s10-new-cdn/lp3.php?c=40z3es8pz3uz0&k=fc034055b263a3bc446b67a81bf3a88f&country_code=CA&carrier=-&country_name=Canada&region=Quebec&city=Montr%C3%A9al&isp=Videotron%20Telecom%20Ltee&lang=en&os=Android&osv=8.0&browser=Chrome&browserv=78&brand=unknown&model=unknown&marketing_name=SM-A520W&tablet=2&rheight=0&rwidth=0

Oct 31, 2017
plB6gAX.png

Apparently, a lot of people are getting this (I made a thread about it before seeing this). I'm on Chrome on both my phone and desktop when this happens.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Was on mobile this morning, and every page redirected me to one of those mobile-win pages. Site was unusable so I stopped using it until I got to work, it doesn't seem to happen anymore now.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Nice admins. You just set a new record for my phone for redirects.

This shit is ridiculous. This company you are with seems to have the most laxed policy when it comes to hijacking ads and you keep giving them chances. They say oops, take weeks to fix issues and in the meantime we are the ones that suffer
I'd actually agree with the comment of looking for a new ad company to have a relationship with. It has been getting worse and worse lately.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the lucky draw redirect. It thinks I am a Sprint customer.

Is a new ad provider feasible? If no, what about alternative revenue models? Pushing Clear a lot harder?

Ed: have had three of these in the last few minutes.

Last edited:

StrangeWit

Oct 27, 2017
Just experienced roughly 10 min of redirects to happy.luckydraw.space on mobile. Various ads seemed to cause the redirect, Gilette and Telus came up just before the 'push'.

Downloading Firefox right now. Maybe that'll help solve this issue for me.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I keep getting full page redirects to bullshit "you're a lucky Bell customer who won ___" ads. On my phone and computer. Chrome on both.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We're aware and are contacting the ad company. I'm hoping we can get this fixed quickly.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this ad service is fine with constant hijacking ads I'm sure they do shady stuff with our data as well. What ad service does resetera use so I can see their data collection policies?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
You guys need to shut off the ads while this is getting handled as it is now resetera is unusable on mobile. Im getting redirects every thread today its beyond ridiculous.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
Apologies for the inconvenience, looks like a particularly bad wave hit today.

We're trying a new solution now on mobile, please let me know if you experience issues on mobile for the rest of the day.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this on desktop/Chrome. I had several redirects before I could reach this page. Sorry to say, but I had to turn on ad blocker just to finish this post. It came up as a Spectrum Customer Survey.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I had a phone call with the ad agency today and apparently this is an industry-wide outbreak and the worst they've seen in years. It's definitely not normal, even for this time of the year. They're bringing everything they've got to bear against the problem and we've had some success today. It'll may still be touch and go for a while.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am now getting full-page ads on desktop as of yesterday.

hZFd6tw.png

Mobile ads are still rampant as well. Chrome for both, btw.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Alright, this is getting out of control. Somehow the ads managed to take over all my tabs on Chrome desktop and opened more! Get this under control!

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a plan B before the Game Awards hits? Cause Plan A apparently isn't working.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
So the good news is that we haven't had many mobile complaints since yesterday, so the work done there seems to be mostly holding for now.

I've asked the agency to devote more resources to the desktop issues. Thank you for the reports, they are helping.

cametall

Oct 27, 2017
On Chrome, both desktop and Android mobile, I am getting full page redirects to some fake Comcast website about winning something. Redirects happen almost any time I click a thread on ResetEra.