• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Full screen Saudi ARAMCO ads on mobile that pop up and take over the browser. Fuck off with this please!

edit: on IPhone 11 pro safari , iOS 13.3.1

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
These Aramco ads are breaking through to full page on multiple browsers in iOS. It's been more persistent in the last 24 hours than before, happening every 5-10 pageloads.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in as also getting the full screen Honda ads. CONTSTANTLY. I don't even have to refresh the page to get them. I literally got one while typing this post.

have you talked to the media agency about making sure NO full screen ads are being delivered to Era? I assume if there's no full screen media placement on this domain then they can't deliver them at all.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'm getting full screen Aramco ads almost hourly now. Shit is annoying.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS Safari 13.3.1.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Near constant Honda full screen ads today. iPhone 11, 13.4 beta, safari.
Just got 2 Honda full
screen ads on the same page within a couple minutes.
Count me in as also getting the full screen Honda ads. CONTSTANTLY. I don't even have to refresh the page to get them. I literally got one while typing this post.

have you talked to the media agency about making sure NO full screen ads are being delivered to Era? I assume if there's no full screen media placement on this domain then they can't deliver them at all.
I'm getting full screen Aramco ads almost hourly now. Shit is annoying.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS Safari 13.3.1.

Going forward, if you guys can provide screenshots of this stuff in addition it would help immensely.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Going forward, if you guys can provide screenshots of this stuff in addition it would help immensely.

While trying to post the first screenshot below I got 3 more full-screen ads (!), so I saved another one.

OiUwJTuh.png

2uFAk8Vh.jpg

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How have the full page aramco ads not disappeared yet? Its like every 10 pages its borderline unbearable and theyve been complained about since last friday

image0.png

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Ads are still a major problem. Not sure what takes so long to let the media agency know they can't deliver full page ads on mobile anymore.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Full screen ads popping up multiple times without reloading the page that I'm on.
An America First anti Pelosi ad at the bottom of the Trump NYT's article recent thread from today saying "censure" Pelosi.

Not looking good here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Sweet. Just had an ad try to download some random shit onto my computer.

choices.truste.com or something, who the fuck knows.

I don't care if the site earns less by switching ad providers, you need to do it.

This isn't being addressed appropriately and it needs to fucking stop. "We've received your reports and are working on it," doesn't cut it anymore.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the Aramco and Honda ads. They keep coming up almost repetitively. About to stop using the forum on mobile. I mean it came up just now trying to type up this post .

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
One of these ads is taking up the entire screen on my iPhone when I'm typing in a reply. It happened twice to me during one reply. Oh yeah, aramco. I don't know what they're selling, but I'm definitely never buying it. I've reported the ad twice now. The incessant ad reloading is really annoying, too.

The ones that scroll in the background can go to hell, too.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How have the full page aramco ads not disappeared yet? Its like every 10 pages its borderline unbearable and theyve been complained about since last friday

image0.png

Getting this constantly like to the point I'm about to use an add blocker someone sure is getting rich of this site aren't they.

Every 5 mins or so this stupid add pops up and takes over the screen.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
I've had the aramco ad, but consistently iv'e been getting and Emblem pop up on mobile. I will get it several times browsing a single page too.

dk0rt3z

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think I'm done visiting Era until this gets sorted out. Full screen Aramco ads constantly and the automatic page shifting while reading the forums because of the automatic reloading of ads in the backgrounds of the pages. I'll be reading and bam page shifts losing the place where I was reading. Unbearable and seems like nothing is being done about it but "we are aware and reached out to the ad agency".

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Getting the full page ARAMCO ad on about 10% of my page views.

iPhone 11 Pro
Safari
iOS 13.3

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm getting full screen car ads on mobile today. This hasn't happened before. Just happened again as I was typing this.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
POr8sYM.jpg

Four times in the last hour. Amazing. The money must be good to not remove them yet.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ok, I'm glad you guys are seeing this, I thought I had adware on my phone. I don't mind ads, honestly! But full screen pop up ads are annoying. I get that the site needs money but do better than this pls...

Joeschmo

Jul 11, 2018
Getting full screen ads every few minutes now. Chrome on iOS. Seems worse than it was before. Unacceptable.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
These Honda ads are making phone browsing impossible for the past week. Don't know how this stuff stays up for so long